Tokyo marui glock 18c aep

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, hope all is well, my son wants a glock and I was looking at the Tokyo Marui 18c, cause the winter is coming and he loves s his pistols I was gonna get him the aep, I was told the cyma is pretty much the same weopon but a hell of a lot cheaper, just curious if anyone has both, or one or the other also is the magazines especially the 100 round mags compatible. Cheers, also can anyone recommend an aep that's pretty good that is not a glock, I know the real steel is an excellent weapon but I just fancy something different, thanks look forward to hearing from you. 

• Supporters

I have the CYMA CM.123 1911 AEP.  All AEP internals are basically the same, just trigger / safety / barrel differences. The 1911 even takes the glock mags, including the extended one, so I'd have no worries about mag compatibility within the Glock-a-likes.

They are heavy, over-sized and bulky, since the grip has to hold the motor, gearbox and magazine, and everything else has to be scaled up to match.  I'd recommend trying before buying if possible.

Well, they work. Once the motor gets spinning, the full auto ROF is OK, about 10rps.  The semi auto response is poor on the stock nimh.  Switching to a lipo, or getting one of the new models with a lipo and mosfet as stock helps a lot.

They're low energy and low range though, about 200fps / 0.37J.  20m effective range is about the most you'll see.  The hop unit will handle up to 0.25g fine, I haven't tried anything heavier.

You can sink a lot of time and money into trying to get more energy out of them, but the small cylinder size is the limiting factor, and I'd treat claims of 300fps with extreme scepticism.  240fps is the most anyone here has managed.

tbh I know many find aeps frustrating to use for various reasons. I'd go for the tm gen4 gbb if you are worried about having something that runs well in the cold. And if you need a small spray and pray gun go for a little v3 gb base gun over an aep.

I've got the cm125s which is the usp style with lipo and mosfet pre installed. I think its the only aep which is almost 1:1 scale.

It cost me £50 from Taiwangun and suits my specific requirements for a pistol perfectly. However i literally only use my pistol for room clearing or I might pull it if I know combat wikl take place at less than 10 metres. 

As mentioned earlier in the thread they are pretty useless over 20m so bear that in mind. 

The usp is a good choice for me because you can use any cheap holster due to the mag catch being built into the trigger guard. 

The cyma aeps are great for a budget sidearm, but don't expect breathtaking performance. They work very well for a specific role.

If you have any other questions about them I'd be happy to try and help

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Roba93 said:

The usp is a good choice for me because you can use any cheap holster due to the mag catch being built into the trigger guard. 

Good point.  It might just be the CM.123, but mine absolutely loves to drop mags if you so much as look at the catch (or even if you don't), and I've had to add material to the catch mechanism to hold them in place.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Good point.  It might just be the CM.123, but mine absolutely loves to drop mags if you so much as look at the catch (or even if you don't), and I've had to add material to the catch mechanism to hold them in place.

Lost way too many base plates for gbb mags this way even with the warrior assualt systems holster! First thing I look for in a pistol now is the hk style release.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.