A good belt

RedWolfDoctor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

I appeal to your loadout smarts: I need a good belt, one that is roughly 5-6cm height, preferably not velcro and is not too expensive. I usually use a Viper belt and I need to get rid of it before I burn it alive. Any brands or products that are worthwhile?

3 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

use one of these 5.11 belts for absolutely everything these days. Even for casual outings

I have a 5.11 as well but,sorry to be contra,I find it does slip during a working day. It seems like I have to pull really eye poppingly  overtight to allow for slipping.

Not knocking 5.11 as I have other gear that is great

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Spelling

• Supporters
20 hours ago, RedWolfDoctor said:

Hey guys

I appeal to your loadout smarts: I need a good belt, one that is roughly 5-6cm height, preferably not velcro and is not too expensive. I usually use a Viper belt and I need to get rid of it before I burn it alive. Any brands or products that are worthwhile?

Are we talking holding your trousers up or to hang holsters and stuff from?

I've got a condor battle belt gen 2. Really impressed with it. Only £25ish. I got the H harness for it as well to take some of the weight of my lover back (slipped disc)!

There are only 2 belts I can recommend.

The first is the FRV shooter's belt, two piece system that uses velcro. Handmade, built like a tank, not even that expensive. Real guys use it to schwack bad guys.

The other is the HSGI Suregrip range, quite pricy at €120+ but man it does stay where you put it.

I've had a couple of cheaper options before (condor, invader gear, emerson) and they all kept riding up/down depending on how much crap I attached to them. Plus they kept rotating like crazy no matter how tight they were.

They do work relatively well with a harness, but meh. At that point a smersh is the way to go.

Buy once, cry once, enjoy your investment ;)

The FRV belt looks good, like the idea of an internal and external belt. I'd probably stick with the FRV, seems to be a bit cheaper (not to be a cheapskate but I don't think I do airsoft enough to fork out 120 for a belt XD), thanks as wel guys!

I swear by my Warrior Assault Systems stuff and this is no exception. Their belt kits are fantastic.

Expensive, but fantastic.

https://www.uktactical.com/c-373-belts-harness-tactical-belts.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 20:36, Impulse said:

I swear by my Warrior Assault Systems stuff and this is no exception. Their belt kits are fantastic.

Expensive, but fantastic.

https://www.uktactical.com/c-373-belts-harness-tactical-belts.aspx

Emerson makes copy of their low profile belt - I didn’t go with WAS just because they didn’t have one in black.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.