Sw Tour Review: Swindon Airsoft's Strikeforce CQB (Gloucestershire)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Site Name: Swindon Airsoft's StrikeForce CQB

Contact details: 01452 303 849

Website Address: http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/default.asp

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Strikeforce-Airsoft-retail-145953958794206/

Site Address: Unit 39/40, Morelands Trading Estate, Bristol Road, Gloucester, GL1 5RZ

SE Tour Reviews are now in the South West! Decided to visit some family in Bristol so went on three skirmishes in three days. 

I attended StrikeForce on 10/09/20 on a Thursday night. Located about a 20 minute walk from Gloucester Rail station and 5 minute walk from the local cheap Travel Lodge. Existing online reviews are very polarising, some saying it is pretty awfully run, to other saying it is quite decent. There has been controversy with full auto and "burst" being used in the past. In this instance, only Single shot was used throughout the night.

The confusingly named Swindon Airsofts Strikeforce CQB site (Based in Gloucester) is inside a trading estate. It is set in a large 1st storey warehouse above other units. It is claimed to be the largest indoor CQB arena in Europe since The Malls demise. Its practically the size of a football pitch at 52,000 sq ft. 

This is a Large indoor CQB site, the entire site was in use for the vast majority of games. There is a split down the middle, the left hand side being tighter and darker then the right hand side, which is more open. There are a couple of areas at the back that have a second storey, but is quite limited. as this was as a late Summer evening game, whilst somewhat light at the beginning, it turned very dark after the second game.

Good:

Playing Area: This is a very large playing area, which has some variety in terms of how close range you can get. As described before, the left hand side is more American Killhouse style, where the right is more open. The construction is mostly plywood based and has some attention paid to the angles needed for engagement. It caters for the less sadist CQB player who cant stand ultra close CQB

Marshals: The Marshals were very professional and very friendly. They knew I was new to the site and kept checking up on me to make sure I was having a good time. Really cant fault them.

Safe Zone(s): There was a main safe zone which is based next to the shop counter, which spans the length of the warehouse. There were tables and soft furnishings throughout which looked quite comfortable. I was in the auxiliary Safe Zone which you had to go through part of the playing area to get to, where there plastic seats and low tables. Plenty of room for all. 

Shop: Swindon Airsoft run their own shop here, some good priced E&L AK's raised an eyebrow. Very good shop for a site. All the BB's, Gas and accessories you need. 

Safety Brief: Excellent. Covered everything in a not-too-long a time. Clientele were a little bit talky, but were shut down to make sure they listened.

Game Modes: Were pretty good. The Ammo tin collection game was pretty good, especially when I picked up a decoy bucket by accident thinking it was an objective! The last game of the night which was a small flag raising game was a real hoot due to the low numbers left. 

Turn around time: I definitely got my moneys worth. Being the first of three skirmishes in three days, I wanted to take it relatively easy the first night. I didn't get a chance to! No sooner had I reloaded and we were back out again!

Hit taking: Like with all CQB it can be a mixed bag... But taking that into account, I felt that the hit taking here was excellent throughout the night. Very little grumbling between players, on what grumbling there was, was down to the typical 50:50 chances. 

Clientele: A mixed clientele age of the very young to just under my age. All very friendly, their for a good time and urging each other on. 

Parking: I didn't use the parking area, however there is some hard standing parking behind the warehouse. Also a large supermarket area over the road.

Average: 

Value: I didn't feel short changed at £20 for 3 hours of decent CQB play. I probably wouldn't pay £35 for the full day though. 

Chrono: A mandatory chrono was in play. 340 FPS for any rifle regardless of what it is. None of the guns were tagged however. 

Bad: 

Food: Was not included in the fee, I only saw a large selection of cans etc, rather then hot food, though there are multiple takeaways on Bristol Road that you can go to. 

Conclusion: 

As usual, I will preface my conclusion stating I am not a fan of CQB. Especially ultra tight CQB.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Strikeforce. It's well run, varied, clientele were great. No real grumbles all night long and I was looked after very well by the organisers. I will go out on limb and say this is the best bit of CQB I have played since The Mall shut down. Obviously it is very far from where I live, but if I am going through the area on a Thursday night again I will definitely hit it up! (And stay til' Sunday so I can go to HMP Vendetta!)

It could do with a few more props inside, but I do like the open nature of the right hand side, so it is a compromise. Its a big arena that gets very dark. On the booking form is states you MUST bring a torch. Of course a Tracer unit would be a good pickup as well.

I took quite a few welts at close range, but smiling broadly at the end of the night. 

Recommended! 

Bullpup Watch: Just the Tavor and my unused PDRC. 

Strikeforce.png

Where do you find the time to do all your gallivanting lol.

Oh to be young and have your energy. 🙂

Many thanks for reviews though. Cracking job!

Regards 

• Asomodai changed the title to Sw Tour Review: Swindon Airsoft's Strikeforce CQB (Gloucestershire)
  • 2 weeks later...

They also move around the barriers every so often, about every month or so which makes stuff quite confusing. I play night games every few weeks there and occasionally have got lost in the darkness xD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.