UPS Shipment from Indonesia

Walkerboh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am still waiting for my package from indonesia via ups. It's been 6 days now and still waiting for release at the clearing agency then will be forwarded to my destination city for delivery.

Why is it taking so long? I've paid the duty tax on it on the 2nd.  Is this normal? Getting so worried as I need this for my craft business I'm trying to start. 

Edited by Jedi_Master
No CAPS titles

• Jedi_Master changed the title to UPS Shipment from Indonesia
  • Supporters
26 minutes ago, Walkerboh said:

I am still waiting for my package from indonesia via ups. It's been 6 days now and still waiting for release at the clearing agency then will be forwarded to my destination city for delivery.

Why is it taking so long? I've paid the duty tax on it on the 2nd.  Is this normal? Getting so worried as I need this for my craft business I'm trying to start. 

Out of interest where are you based, & is this remotely Airsoft related ?

I would be of the inclination to touch base with UPS tomorrow to see if they can provide more information.

In addition to Tackle's questions if this is airsoft related I would be curious to know exactly what you have ordered if it is airsoft related and if it is a gun I'd be curious to know if you provided your defence for it to be added on the outside of the package.

Firstly I would like to point out that your post reads like a complaint email to us, rather than a polite request for advice. Secondly as pointed out above you haven't provided enough details.

I used to work for DHL (the freight forwarding side, not courier) and it always used to amaze me that customers would constantly moan at us about decisions and delays made by the local customs authority.

I ordered a drum magazine from evike and in addition to the massive delay in it arriving in the country, it took over a month to even be looked at by customs.

• Supporters

He's not been back since he posted this, something a bit fishy methinks 🐟🐠🐡

Just on the subject of UPS I had a similar experience to Schnakey - though I wouldn't say they were rude to me, for whatever that's worth.

In this case I ordered an outer barrel from evike was flagged up under some customs code, I had to complete a form which I have attached below if anyone is curious - perhaps if you emailed them in advance it could speed stuff up.

The form does make it seem like they want UKARA for just parts, I pretty much answered "no" or "n/a" to every single question and it was fine.

I have a contact email for a member of the "brokerage" team at East Mids airport - if anybody wants it drop me a PM.

Thanks 

RIF DEC (1).DOC

1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Just on the subject of UPS I had a similar experience to Schnakey - though I wouldn't say they were rude to me, for whatever that's worth.

In this case I ordered an outer barrel from evike was flagged up under some customs code, I had to complete a form which I have attached below if anyone is curious - perhaps if you emailed them in advance it could speed stuff up.

The form does make it seem like they want UKARA for just parts, I pretty much answered "no" or "n/a" to every single question and it was fine.

I have a contact email for a member of the "brokerage" team at East Mids airport - if anybody wants it drop me a PM.

Thanks 

RIF DEC (1).DOC 24 kB · 2 downloads

In general an addressee might be asked the question about an VCRA Defence purely on the markings on a package.

As per George’s form, it would be a declaration that begins asking if it is a RIF.  (Interesting to see that they now have a section for paintball)

Its always easier if the information is clear on the label, but importers are likely to be asked if contents are a RIF without anything being opened.

The costs that would generally occur are any import duty/VAT and a handling fee from the import carrier at the customs point.

(they may or may not be the same carrier as it was sent with)

In the last I’ve not heard of carriers charging a fee for handling a VCRA Defence query - but I wouldn’t be surprised if a fee was charged when there’s not a duty handling fee.

In some cases you may get a charge for storage if it’s held for some time between arrival and clearance of your payment and/or defence

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.