G&G L85 A2 info please

TommoThomson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What with the delayed release of the Silverback MDRX I've been toying with the idea of getting an L85 A2 and think the G&G version ticks more boxes than the ICS one, but was wondering what batteries actually fit in them. 

I'm looking at the carbine variant, so the smaller of the three and just can't seem to find anything about what fits. In fact the only helpful comment was on Daves custom airsoft and that was to use an 11.1 Lipo, which I know the G&G Mosfet can handle as I have an RK74 CQB

So can someone let me know what actually fits in an L85 A2 carbine and also how easy is it to disable the fake gas blow back function? 

Perhaps I can share my experience. 

I have a G&G l85 Afv variant as my primary.

I've found the maximum size it can accommodate is a 11.1V 2600mAh LiPO Battery Cranestock from Vapex. 

Its a bit puzzle getting it together (2cells under the barrel one over) and I'd not want to be forced to change it in a rush or in the dark but because its such a large battery I've not had too change it during even multiple day milsim. 

As for removing the blowback it's simple and easy, there is a sliding catch thing on the upper gearbox, remove one screw and it slides right off.

I don't know for use if the carbine varient offers more space but id be very surprised if it was less then my AFV. 

Cheers for the info on the gas blow back removal and I have tbh the carbine does look like it might have a bit of a bigger area to put a battery, I just can't tell from the pictures unfortunately. 

What mags are you using in yours, I'm hoping the metal Krytac ones will fit as I have Krytac PDW as well and I do like their mags. 

I just use NUPROL STANAG 30/140rnd Adjustable Mid-Caps, they are cheap, cheerful and yet to give me any problems.

I did get a lemon where the outer shell was slightly oversized but at less then a tenner each I'm not gonna kick up a stink. I'd recommend getting one more then you need however, just in case. 

7 hours ago, Zigey said:

I just use NUPROL STANAG 30/140rnd Adjustable Mid-Caps, they are cheap, cheerful and yet to give me any problems.

I did get a lemon where the outer shell was slightly oversized but at less then a tenner each I'm not gonna kick up a stink. I'd recommend getting one more then you need however, just in case. 

Tip top, I bought a load last year to use at Stanta and they gave me zero problems in my Krytac so have a stack of mags to use 😎

I just need to work out the battery situation now, as I want to order one when place an order. 

Just cos it can take an 11.1, doesnt mean that the best battery for it

Try an 7.4v titan, double the capacity and a lot less strain on the motor and gears, for a very slightly lower rate of fire1

19 hours ago, MadMole said:

Just cos it can take an 11.1, doesnt mean that the best battery for it

Try an 7.4v titan, double the capacity and a lot less strain on the motor and gears, for a very slightly lower rate of fire1

I have one and agree with where you are coming from, as mine it lasts days in my PDW but it is also 6000mah if I recall its a beast. 

However I like the way an 11.1 turns a rif from slow and steady, to a beast. 

I've been using an 11.1 in my PDW for over a year now and my RK74 is also being run on an 11.1 and if it breaks anything I will just upgrade my stock Rifs 😎

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.