fps drop on auto

leon1104

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I run ssg 13: 1 40k motor and my fps drops on auto first

set-up prowin hopup madpull bucking (semi 350 fps auto 300-310 fps

second set-up maxx model hopup madpull bucking (semi 370 fps auto 250-260 fps

I've already tested some bukings and this one works the best. what can i do in the gearbox to solve this problem.

Might need a stronger tappet plate spring (or cut 2-3 coils off the current one) to ensure the air nozzle is firmly seated when the piston shoots forward?

Also be wary of chronos being super accurate and consistent on full auto bursts!

1 hour ago, leon1104 said:

13: 1 40k

What's your RPS. I know the 13:1 30K setup is about 25rps on 7.4v, And to get it to run right it needs a 2 tooth SS on the sector.

13:1 40K is quite a bit faster, So it's going to be pushing up to the 30RPS mark and perhaps beyond, I don't think I can actually offer any advise for the build.

• Supporters

It is that fast, a 40k on 11.1v with standard gears will pme like mad let alone 13:1

Be careful watching folk on youtube, they never show you it exploding and americans firing 400fps+ is a different story to our lower limits.

• Supporters

Well, if your sure.....

In that case its quite possible sspkali's first reply is the next closest candidate for your problem.

Dsg tappet plates tend to have more tension on the nozzle spring for this reason.

I do feel compelled to ask, why go to all this effort? Is it a technical excercise or do you feel you really need to be sending that much plastic downrange?

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Well, if your sure.....

In that case its quite possible sspkali's first reply is the next closest candidate for your problem.

Dsg tappet plates tend to have more tension on the nozzle spring for this reason.

I do feel compelled to ask, why go to all this effort? Is it a technical excercise or do you feel you really need to be sending that much plastic downrange?

Why not just make a blunderbuss or throw a opened bottle of bb's...

11 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Haha. Or get a fishing bait catapult that would have a good spread silent as well! 🤭

Regards 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sneaky said:

issue here is if he's really trying to go for the highest possible rof/trigger response then this is still going to be outstripped by an hpa and i'd place good money on that box not lasting very long before at best it starts eating pistons.

i have ran stupid rof in the high 40's but it didn't take me long to conclude the practical benefit of punching through undergrowth wasn't worth the overwhelming feeling of being "that guy" (and that's without being the hose everything in sight type), and that was without playing the "will my gun last until lunchtime" lottery.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.