Need Help With Netting

rick rp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all 

I don't know anything really about air soft so need a little help . I'm trying to make a enclosed firing range for someone . I have a 3m x 6m gazebo and want to line it out with a BB resistant netting or something light weight so it can be put away when not in use. Something i can buy a roll of or large sheets of. I have found nearly everything for my part that i need apart from the netting. If someone know's a website has a like or has an idea what would be suitable to use please let me know. I may have more questions as it comes together. 

many thanks 

rick

25 minutes ago, rick rp said:

Hi all 

I don't know anything really about air soft so need a little help . I'm trying to make a enclosed firing range for someone . I have a 3m x 6m gazebo and want to line it out with a BB resistant netting or something light weight so it can be put away when not in use. Something i can buy a roll of or large sheets of. I have found nearly everything for my part that i need apart from the netting. If someone know's a website has a like or has an idea what would be suitable to use please let me know. I may have more questions as it comes together. 

many thanks 

rick

You dont expect your bb's to go far then? 🤔

You could put a double bed sheet at the 3mtr end held up with pegs. Not much weight to it but a good quality one will stop a round.

Hope this helps

👍

Regards 

Scaffold debris netting is the same type of netting used on paintball and airsoft sites.

https://www.huck-net.co.uk/safety-Nets/scaffold-debris-netting_19766/scaffold-debris-netting-roll-50m-x-3m_HUC503?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiPjev8Lc6wIVd4BQBh05QwicEAAYASAAEgKxQ_D_BwE

Note that I am only giving this link for reference, you will need to confirm the impact resistance and denier are suitable.

Also note that the holes for securing cables allow for balls to escape.  You need to ensure they are either in a safe position (due to height, distance and angle from any balls) or what I would recommend the alternative of hanging two

offset layers so that the gaps in one layer are covered by the other layer 

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

You dont expect your bb's to go far then? 🤔

You could put a double bed sheet at the 3mtr end held up with pegs. Not much weight to it but a good quality one will stop a round.

Hope this helps

👍

Regards 

not planning on anything high powered but i read 20 foot range would be fine am i thinking to small ? 

thank you for your reply 

2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Scaffold debris netting is the same type of netting used on paintball and airsoft sites.

https://www.huck-net.co.uk/safety-Nets/scaffold-debris-netting_19766/scaffold-debris-netting-roll-50m-x-3m_HUC503?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiPjev8Lc6wIVd4BQBh05QwicEAAYASAAEgKxQ_D_BwE

Note that I am only giving this link for reference, you will need to confirm the impact resistance and denier are suitable.

Also note that the holes for securing cables allow for balls to escape.  You need to ensure they are either in a safe position (due to height, distance and angle from any balls) or what I would recommend the alternative of hanging two

offset layers so that the gaps in one layer are covered by the other layer 

That's a bit a bit more of what i had in mind . Something like that double hanged  with the gazebo sides and roof should do it. 

thank you for your reply 

Yeah that will be fine for a bit of target shooting. If you are looking  to sight in or adjust hop then a longer range would be better. 

I would stick some paper targets to your chosen backstop material. Donald or Boris would do nicely!

Have fun 😃

Regards 

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the info,

I was looking for something like that myself, I wasn't to sure of the wording in my search, I did a little more checking and I found this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/scaffold-debris-netting-green/8242j?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-safetyworkwear-_-debrisnetting&_requestid=122590

I doubled the layers just to be sure, I have been testing targets from approximately 100 metres and it works a treat excuse the pun :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.