Tan or Black?

Dogsbody100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The time will soon be here for that all important first gun purchase, I’ve already decided on a cm16 however the choice of colour is still undecided.

I always thought I’d opt for black as that’s what most guns are however I’m now starting to wonder if there would be any advantages from a camo point of view to getting a tan one? 

I noticed at a game on Sunday that black weapons stick out a bit was all. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

I seem to notice black guns through bushes more than tan or OD ones. Even if they're not in stealth sniper mode, IMO it does make a slight difference and as such tend to favour tan/FDE over black.

TLDR unless you’re actively trying your best to be concealed and consciously choosing your camo/kit based on where you’re playing just go with whatever you like the look of best.

Generally speaking the colour of your RIF isn’t any more likely to ‘give you away’ than your natural silhouette. As with anything to do with concealment there are so many things to consider, I won’t bore you with the entire list but the distance between you and the person potentially spotting you is pretty high on the list.

Unless you’re going all in on trying to be invisible just go with what you think looks the best. If you decide you want to ‘blend in’ a bit more down the line you can always paint/camo tape on the off chance it makes a slight bit of difference..

Edit:

Also worth noting results can vary based on what colour of kit you tend to wear. If you wear darker colours (Black, Multicam Black etc) a tan RIF will stand out more against you, visa versa for lighter coloured kit (Multicam, MTP etc) and a black RIF.

In a woodland environment you notice the person as opposed to the RIF. Myself, I like my RIFs to be black however I am partial to a bit of tan too. Just look at various pics of that RIF and then decide. 

Note, some Tans look too Hasbro to me which is why black is always the safer choice in my humble option. Of course others will disagree. 

F4213994-9FEB-4E28-901C-4DB586FB05D7.jpeg

• Supporters

So I tend to match guns to kit. My Russian guns are almost all black or green (SV-98). About half my HKs are tan as I mostly run Tropentarn, but I do also have options in black for when I run Flecktarn (416a5, G28, 417a2, MP7, M27 tan and M27, MP7, 417, MP5, 415c black. Yes I have two MP7s, M27s, and 417s). Generally you wont notice much difference when it come to camo. One thing to think of - if you ever plan to paint your gun picking a different base color may make more sense. A green or black camo will work easier on a black gun, while a tan or white camo works better on a tan gun.

@AlphaBearAbsolutely, I just make sure to lock away my debit card before watching their reviews :D 

On 09/09/2020 at 12:30, Dogsbody100 said:

I noticed at a game on Sunday that black weapons stick out a bit was all. 

Just pick the color that you prefer, most of the time good concealment and minimal movement is more important than color. And you can always wrap camo netting or those sniper veil type around your replica for the days which is good camo and doesn't have the rather definitive aspect of painting your replica.

Get any colour you want and then attack it with Krylon to look super uber pro!

15D7CD40-47AD-4C65-A14B-4EB18FF9C410.jpeg

873609C6-737D-4F50-A2D2-453912C474FF.jpeg

B14BD14A-AA53-4208-B263-9D59E9E718B2.jpeg

48620375-5910-44B8-A03C-30D0AF8395E6.jpeg

B43926F0-183C-4265-859F-066E4DC28C92.jpeg

740DA5E4-42D0-4581-87E2-70254DA5431A.jpeg

FF0354EA-7B4F-49C8-86E5-4F7C94506B44.jpeg

F67BB2C0-3A53-4EF5-9A52-1F71131B70F0.jpeg

Cheers all for some really great input!

Reckon I’ll opt for a tan one when the time comes, they are a bit hasbro admittedly but then again as has been well pointed out it can be sprayed up if needs be. 

Yeah the 50 shades of tan on the Marui delta kinda is a tad in your face and looks like it's been put together in a painting by numbers class and you do have the option of getting a can of Krylon if you so desire... then again you may just like it in the flesh when you get it.... ;)

I cannot work out  why anybody would want a dog-poo coloured gun. Maybe it’s because of the various gulf wars and looking more operator?

I dunno, I like white and pink myself

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.