Funniest Airsoft Fallacies

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Longer barrels for better range and accuracy. It always makes me laugh when you see someone put a 500mm inner barrel in their bone stock cm16 and then complain that it now shots worse than it did before. 

Yes, this is the type of thing I was referring to. I was told (multiple times) that my Ares Striker AS02 wouldn't shoot far because the barrel was too short for a sniper rifle.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yes, this is the type of thing I was referring to. I was told (multiple times) that my Ares Striker AS02 wouldn't shoot far because the barrel was too short for a sniper rifle.

i find it funny trying to explain this when i'm using the dragonuv.....

in fairness whilst longer barrels might not affect accuracy in the open, having that extra length to poke through a hedge can be beneficial.

not to mention that looks are as important as any other criteria in this game, otherwise we'd all be running m4 mag hpa tapped hicapas.....

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Accompanied by the cost you told your partner.

Well, she has a Krytac ( that now has a magpul fde stock purchased recently )so it is pricy enough she cannot complain about the cost of my replica ( was it genius planning on my part ? You can be the judge of that :D ) 

9 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

In a sales thread:

"Only used once in the back yard"

Yeah used once. Continually for three weeks! Lol

17 hours ago, Shamal said:

Yeah used once. Continually for three weeks! Lol

As a club/walking stick

Another one for the significant others. "No it's not another new gun, I just haven't used it for ages" 

This thread has taken a diversion to "airsoft lies".....on that note, everytime I send a gun to Negative Airsoft to be upgraded:

My Girlfriend: Oh good, you've sold one.

Me: Errr, yeah.

Well, when I first got into airsoft I genuinely believed suppressors would actually work.

I also believed that lighter bbs had more range so I kept feeding 0.23s in my vsr because "slightly less range but more accuracy"

And that metal guns were better than polymer ones.. At the time though, TM plastic was pretty shit (m16s anyone?)

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Skara said:

Well, when I first got into airsoft I genuinely believed suppressors would actually work.

In fairness they do eliminate barrel pop, but only certain systems have low enough action noise for that to matter.

Yeah my mk23 is darn whispery 

Regards 

They do, but most of the sound on an AEG comes from the gearbox.

10 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah my mk23 is darn whispery 

Regards 

I know, I have one too ;) imma buy another one soon :)

I've just heard a fantastic example of which audience Novritsch and Silo products are aimed at. In a recent video, Silo is talking about the SSP18 having an internal hammer unlike the Marui Hi-Capa (which he had on the desk)....oh and "The Hi-Capa is an SSP1 with Tokyo Marui parts"

Also in the Novritsch SSP18 gameplay video, Josef talks about how he's the one who lead the design team on the development of it....that doesn't stop him from releasing a review video of it on his own channel.

OK bear with me because this isn't just an anti-Novritsch rant. My entry in to airsoft fallacies is trustworthy/independent reviews. I mean most airsofters would be overly positive about a skirmish site for a free game day, start chucking free RIF's at them and they'd do whatever you want. 

I've said it before but another prime example is "Airsoft Mike". Comes across as a nice guy but I would never trust the review of someone who works so closely with so many retailers.

Largely the same when it comes to previews/reviews/first impressions. Though not solely due the legitimacy of the opinions give... which leads me nicely to one of the more frustrating fallacies.

That good, consistent QC exists within RIF manufacturing. Just because the fella on the internet got a good one, doesn’t mean you will.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

That good, consistent QC exists within RIF manufacturing. Just because the fella on the internet got a good one, doesn’t mean you will.

not to mention that often the guns given out to reviewers are likely engineering sample guns, put together by the design team rather than the production floor.

needless to say a mostly hand-built prototype is probably going to perform better than the same gun smashed out in a factory as quickly as possible.

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

When someone asks "Which Glock should I get?" there's always one bloke who's beaten his stock WE to hell for a decade and it's still going strong, then another whose arrived broken. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.