Ffs What Has Happened to Airsoft With This Influx of Single Shot Only Sites. WTF ( Contains Potty Language )

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Maybe we just all need to make DSG wanker guns with binary triggers and just make single shot ROF a redundant issue, so the sites give up and go back to just marshaling their players?

image.png.ffe7536bca8b822dd40f64e2b1d940ce.png

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Groot said:

Maybe we just all need to make DSG wanker guns with binary triggers and just make single shot ROF a redundant issue, so the sites give up and go back to just marshaling their players?

"Bro, you only said no full auto, bro."

I agree, and, for those who haven't seen it, we're talking about this shit right here.

mostly playing springer shotgun recently and also being someone who likes to double tap as i dont trust the tri shot to properly connect all the time.... been playing at a cqb site and has semi only which is fair as not really range to justify full auto. have seen some great plays that noone would risk with full auto threat. but then they also have a few speedsofters with pistols on hpa with m4 mags and hairline triggers... and 1 joule power limits anyway. im fine with larger mag sizes but not rof. plus how it seems such is played is like running blind and shooting as soon as gun is round corner and not based on eye sight. obviously some players need such advantages because a level playing field isnt fair on them or something....

• Supporters

I'm glad to say that pre-firing and exploitation of wanker-guns got stamped on at Biohazard airsoft today.  The marshals were volubly on top of the (semi-auto) ROF and took a few folk aside to explain that 3-shots-pause doesn't mean 3 as fast as you can spam them and then smaller paws than a pygmy shrew.

• Supporters

After reading through all this seems to me like most people are basically on the same page really lol.  Every game I've played has been single indoors, auto mostly allowed outside, never really had a big issue in that regard.

It always seems to me like there's very few issues you can't overcome with a real simple ammo limit, just a few hundred BBs on your person.  If idiots want to build the most wanky over-shoot guns in the world they'll very soon run out of shots.  Most people will abide by the rule, I get you can't frisk everyone leaving the safe zone but if you see some sneaky c-bag pulling extra mags out of the depths of a backpack mid-game you just let the staff know, same as any other cheating, I don't think the culprits will last long.  Every event of airsoft I've ever participated in personally has been better with ammo limits, it's the best, easiest and cheapest way to level the playing field as much as possible that I know of.

R/Semi only outdoors clearly makes DMRs the only option as mentioned then it becomes even more of a money war over who's got the best upgrades to get that bit more range and that side of things is bad enough already with the current model and only serves to disadvantage the budget guns further.

• Supporters

I'm in favour of voluntary ammo limits for mil/filmsim, for those who want to sign up for that.

Imposing it as a blanket rule on a site is unlikely to get full compliance though, and every rule that you make and then don't enforce just encourages players to ignore any other rule that they don't like either.

So I'd prefer firmer marshalling of fewer rules, i.e. don't be a hose-monster versus limited ammo and don't be a hose-monster.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm in favour of voluntary ammo limits for mil/filmsim, for those who want to sign up for that.

So I'd prefer firmer marshalling of fewer rules, i.e. don't be a hose-monster versus limited ammo and don't be a hose-monster.

I'd like to see sites, maybe all of them ?, to run games alternately, one game with ammo limits/semi, the next game "anything goes", & so on, some players would experience an alternative to their usual playing style, & some sites might find certain settings work better for for their clientele, & maybe their income stream ?.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'd like to see sites, maybe all of them ?, to run games alternately, one game with ammo limits/semi, the next game "anything goes", & so on, some players would experience an alternative to their usual playing style, & some sites might find certain settings work better for for their clientele, & maybe their income stream ?.

Now, that's a good idea.  Even if it's only a short game with ammo limits, just to get people thinking about it.

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Imposing it as a blanket rule on a site is unlikely to get full compliance though, and every rule that you make and then don't enforce just encourages players to ignore any other rule that they don't like either.

Full compliance no of course, that's why I covered that off already, but in a game where everyone turns up on the basis of an idea that we're playing based purely on integrity my feeling is most would and the small number of people breaking that can be weeded out.  That's just my conjecture though obviously I can't prove a thing, it'd work as well as the player base is honest, same as hit taking and literally every other rule that there's ever been in airsoft.  So yeah, those words are worth whatever someone reading them thinks they are.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

We had something similar at an old site called sou kula. The day was normal skirmish rules. Semi indoors and just generally being respectful. Then the last game was an opt in one where you were put inside a large room (about 50ft by 50ft) with walls and barricades. Absolutely anything went other than there was a rope running down the centre that you couldn’t cross, so you always stayed on your own side. Smoke grenades and full auto gbbrs with tracers indoors. It was amazing. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I agree with you, but the sites dont because that would require some actual effort on their part.....

Or alternatively charging more and having less players. Approved player only games were always the best ones I went to. It wasn't that anyone, that I know of, was rejected it's just that everyone either knew everyone or everyonce one person (who was present) removed.

1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

Or alternatively charging more and having less players. 

Haha last year at n.a.e we had 3 teams of approx 850 players and cost  100 pounds. Worth every penny though. Roll on 2021 🤞

Regards 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Or alternatively charging more and having less players. Approved player only games were always the best ones I went to. It wasn't that anyone, that I know of, was rejected it's just that everyone either knew everyone or everyonce one person (who was present) removed.

Problem with charging more is most folk (myself included) like to think we're getting something for our money.

If a site charges me twice as another i'd expect to see something more than what its competitors are offering.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Problem with charging more is most folk (myself included) like to think we're getting something for our money.

If a site charges me twice as another i'd expect to see something more than what its competitors are offering.

Definitely, you go to rype village or longmoor etc, you expect to pay it bit more as your getting facilities that are the dogs wotsits, as opposed to some sites who's idea of a cqb village is a pile of pallets & potato crates piled up.

No thanks👎

• Supporters
Just now, Tackle said:

Definitely, you go to rype village or longmoor etc, you expect to pay it bit more as your getting facilities that are the dogs wotsits, as opposed to some sites who's idea of a cqb village is a pile of pallets & potato crates piled up.

No thanks👎

Yeah, i dont mind it when you're getting better facilities, or in the particular case the site employs more marshalls who actually enforce the rules.

On 08/09/2020 at 12:09, Rogerborg said:

Where should we be avoiding?

Tech Brigade. It's not as bad as it sounds, but then again I didn't get shot in the arse by a bolty at 5 metres. 

I don’t see a problem? I single tap regardless whether inside or out - over the last 12 games I didn’t even go through half of BB bottle (allegedly 3000). Perhaps community is trying to prevent hosing that paintball has deteriorated into over the years? Aren’t sites in Germany semi-only everywhere? 

on a side note I’ve got SRC “mid caps” for my ICS CES-P MP5... they hold only 40 BBs each and are the only mid caps that fit. Fun times juggling them magazines.

13 minutes ago, ziCk_ said:

Aren’t sites in Germany semi-only everywhere? 

That is solely because they have a 0.5J limit on full auto.

They all play semi only so they can shoot each other from more than 10 metres :D

31 minutes ago, Skara said:

That is solely because they have a 0.5J limit on full auto.

They all play semi only so they can shoot each other from more than 10 metres :D

My backup CYMA AEP LiPo Glock feels personally attacked! (slinging 0.2 at astounding 220fps 🤪

• Supporters
4 hours ago, ziCk_ said:

My backup CYMA AEP LiPo Glock feels personally attacked! (slinging 0.2 at astounding 220fps 🤪

I swear to Gun Jesus that I just replied "I feel personally attacked" to another of your comments before I read this one. :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.