Recommend a Newbie an M4

Mad-Al

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey hive mind, im looking to purchase my first aeg and am looking for advice from the collective my only restrictions are it must be an M4, must have a 10.5 inch barrel must be good quality out of the box, must have at least a metal reciever and must be able to take a warfet or come with 3 round burst instead of auto.

So whats out there guys and gals?

So far ive been recommended a cyma cm.002

Budget is up to £400

Why are you setting those limits?

Budget? That's quite an important bit of info - because given your requirements there are £150 guns that tick all your boxes, right through to £500 TM NGRS, £1k Systema PTWs or £2k GBLS DAS.

Ukara approved yep, and im setting these limits as ive played with a large number of weapons now and the m4 platform is most comfortable, the 10.5" barrel length is perfect for me as im not a tall guy but the barrel is still long enough to be accurate at range and using 3 round ive found to be my preferred way to play.

Last few times ive skirmished ive used the same gun which is of the above specs but is unfortunately a from the ground up build which i can't replicate.

budget is 400ish

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Budget? That's quite an important bit of info - because given your requirements there are £150 guns that tick all your boxes, right through to £500 TM NGRS, £1k Systema PTWs or £2k GBLS DAS.

20 minutes ago, strykerles said:

that's pretty specific for a first gun

I guess you already have your ukara?

33 minutes ago, Skara said:

Why are you setting those limits?

2 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Ukara approved yep, and im setting these limits as ive played with a large number of weapons now and the m4 platform is most comfortable, the 10.5" barrel length is perfect for me as im not a tall guy but the barrel is still long enough to be accurate at range and using 3 round ive found to be my preferred way to play.

Last few times ive skirmished ive used the same gun which is of the above specs but is unfortunately a from the ground up build which i can't replicate.

budget is 400ish

With a £400 budget - the options are numerous and every man and his dog will have an opinion on 'what am bestest' in terms of manufacturer and model.

So I will tell you a few of brands that I would personally avoid:

- VFC: look great externally but are made of cheese internally.

- Ares: Funky electronics (that will do 3rd burst) but are made of cheese internally.

- KWA: Apparently are reasonable guns, but proprietary parts can be a ball ache for upgrades.

- Krytac: See KWA

- Specna Edge**: Looks ok externally (and loads of rail/length choices), but are wank internally. Once reshimmed, greased and a fair few parts switched out, will work ok until the gearbox shell breaks because...you guessed it... it's made of cheese.

Again, this is my personal avoid list - I'm sure the fanbois will jump in and tell me how wrong I am in short order.

**Note, my criticism of Specna is leveled only at the Edge Series. The 'One' series is supposed to be pretty decent as they have (according to rumour) a different OEM.

If you can wait till Black Friday Fire support normally have up to £100 knocked off their TM Recoils. You can get a M4A1 for £399 now as a matter of fact. It’s a no brainer.

Yes I’m TM biased coz they just work. Plus so many upgrade options later on down the road. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mad-Al said:

So far ive been recommended a cyma cm.002

That actually makes a pretty good argument for itself, if you're thinking of adding the warfet yourself or know a reliable tech who can do it for a reasonable price.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That actually makes a pretty good argument for itself, if you're thinking of adding the warfet yourself or know a reliable tech who can do it for a reasonable price.

Im reasonably handy with this sort of thing as i traineed as an engineer and have some experience as a music tech.

To be honest being able to mod and upgrade is part of what drew me to this hobby as i am a massive gear nerd and love getting my hands dirty with modding and upgrading things

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.