The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

On 06/02/2023 at 12:26, Skara said:

HPA bad

Shooting hands bad

Shooting guns bad

What's next? Shooting you bad?

If the point was a bullseye on a target, you missed it.

HPA is too powerful for indoor sites and close quarters. I get fed up of idiots that have it and shoot you in the hands, I have had two broken fingers from HPA players shooting from more than 20 meters. I have also had the knickle safety kevlar cracked on my gloves from a GBB pistol shooting at point blank range, caused my knuckle to swell up and I couldn't use that hand, luckily for me I am ambidextrous for game play. 

Shooting in the hands is shitty play.
Shooting in the groin is shitty play.

Shooting at eyepros is shitty play.

and ... 

Head shots IF and ONLY IF you are providing a head, fair game otherwise, taking a headshot if there is more real estate to shoot at is shitty play.

Another thing that some players do is shoot people in the legs in sensitive areas like the inner thigh when you have a target that has a vest on, a bit of protection from the full force of the shot, you still know when you been hit, some players just don't like to take the hit because they are so used to cheating that they often ignore the hits. 

I accidentally shot someone in their groin, it wasn't intentional and was taken for what it was, accidental, however you get some players that intentionally want to hurt people. This is achieved by a number of methods including overkill, shooting someone in a game where bang bang rules apply. I find often that players that are surprised by me appearing out the blue take the hit despite me not firing off a shot.

The problem is that the game has people who play that don't like to play by a set of rules, it is off putting to incoming kids playing the game when you have some A Hole player that is aggressive in game play towards other players.

I' have been in games where kids are literally hiding to keep out of the firing line, you have to encourage them to push forward because some of these shots off HPA players do hurt more than being shot by a AEG with the same weight BB.

The last game I played, had equipment damaged, this includes my prescription eyepros that cost £175 a pair. I can see where a BB hit and cracked the frame that held the lens in place and these things are made of ballistics PC and even that has cracking in it at one corner. 

It takes more than 2.5Joules to smash a PC lens cover, the eye pros I have are rated to the standard that allows them to be used in a workplace environment which is higher than the standard required for airsoft. So *uck knows what power that HPA player was playing with. In three years of play at various sites and taking hits, I have never experience this kind of thing happening. 

Maybe there should be a standard set of game rules that exists as a guide for all sites to follow and it is the gold standard to play by.

I have said that its a game where honour rules apply and by not taking hits or playing by the rules, it shows what sort of person you are in real life.

27 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

HPA is too powerful for indoor sites and close quarters. I get fed up of idiots that have it and shoot you in the hands, I have had two broken fingers from HPA players shooting from more than 20 meters. I have also had the knickle safety kevlar cracked on my gloves from a GBB pistol shooting at point blank range, caused my knuckle to swell up and I couldn't use that hand, luckily for me I am ambidextrous for game play. 

and ... 

Head shots IF and ONLY IF you are providing a head, fair game otherwise, taking a headshot if there is more real estate to shoot at is shitty play.

Another thing that some players do is shoot people in the legs in sensitive areas like the inner thigh when you have a target that has a vest on, a bit of protection from the full force of the shot, you still know when you been hit, some players just don't like to take the hit because they are so used to cheating that they often ignore the hits. 

I accidentally shot someone in their groin, it wasn't intentional and was taken for what it was, accidental, however you get some players that intentionally want to hurt people. This is achieved by a number of methods including overkill, shooting someone in a game where bang bang rules apply. I find often that players that are surprised by me appearing out the blue take the hit despite me not firing off a shot.

The problem is that the game has people who play that don't like to play by a set of rules, it is off putting to incoming kids playing the game when you have some A Hole player that is aggressive in game play towards other players.

I' have been in games where kids are literally hiding to keep out of the firing line, you have to encourage them to push forward because some of these shots off HPA players do hurt more than being shot by a AEG with the same weight BB.

The last game I played, had equipment damaged, this includes my prescription eyepros that cost £175 a pair. I can see where a BB hit and cracked the frame that held the lens in place and these things are made of ballistics PC and even that has cracking in it at one corner. 

It takes more than 2.5Joules to smash a PC lens cover, the eye pros I have are rated to the standard that allows them to be used in a workplace environment which is higher than the standard required for airsoft. So *uck knows what power that HPA player was playing with. In three years of play at various sites and taking hits, I have never experience this kind of thing happening. 

Maybe there should be a standard set of game rules that exists as a guide for all sites to follow and it is the gold standard to play by.

I have said that its a game where honour rules apply and by not taking hits or playing by the rules, it shows what sort of person you are in real life.

HPA is regulated by air pressure which is set by the owner. Both the owner and field marshalls have to be sure you don't go above site limits, MED is followed, etc.

Being a cunt is just easier on HPA, because you chrono whatever you want to and then later on you change your PSI, voila, easy joule creep...

I play only indoor right now as an HPA player, never had issues but my pistol only shoots 300 FPS on 100 PSI. You should try indoor for a change. Maximum 350 FPS and semi only makes a huge difference.

You have got a lot of a valid points though. A met a few guys since last February who didn't take hits or tried to bend rules or just overkilled in general. But regular people are always sound.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters

If the players at the site you play at are breaking rules, then your first port of call is to report them to the marshalling staff.

If the staff cant/wont do anything about it then vote with your wallet, show them that their failure directly results in loss of customers and revenue. Go somewhere else.

If none of the sites you can travel to are able to provide a decent game then maybe it's time to consider other hobbies.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, AirSniper said:

and ... 

It's not the HPA, it's the player and more importantly the site staff and enforcement of the rules. HPA at 1.2 Joules is no different than spring or AEG at 1.2 Joules, the BB doesn't know or care what system is providing the motive power.

Find somewhere else to play.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

It's not the HPA, it's the player and more importantly the site staff and enforcement of the rules. HPA at 1.2 Joules is no different than spring or AEG at 1.2 Joules, the BB doesn't know or care what system is providing the motive power.

Find somewhere else to play.

HPA has a lot to do with it. They cycle faster than AEG, in a game where you have one team of HPA and another of AEG's, the HPA will win because of the rate of fire and power difference.

In the last game I was at, the HPA was recognisable by how much faster the BB's were flying compared to the AEG's it is also noticeable by the fact that I again have small circular bruises despite having a vest, t-shirt, my game top, fleece and a plate carrier, and I have been hit with AEG's and whilst they sting, the HPA fire was actually hurting.

Most sites work on 1 joule on 0.2g which is 328 fps, 1.2 joules on 0.2g is 359 fps and max on sites fps wise is 350 fps.

IDK what AEG you have used but mine don't output 1.2 joules, they output 1 joule.

As for finding somewhere else to ply, why should I move when the other players need to change their attitude to game play and stick to the rules, they are there for the benefit of enjoyment, just seems to me a small number of guys that can't stick to the rules or play fair.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If the players at the site you play at are breaking rules, then your first port of call is to report them to the marshalling staff.

If the staff cant/wont do anything about it then vote with your wallet, show them that their failure directly results in loss of customers and revenue. Go somewhere else.

If none of the sites you can travel to are able to provide a decent game then maybe it's time to consider other hobbies.

Yep, they do but giving a description is hard when they all look the same.

Where I live, sites are very far and few, were talking about an hours drive to a game at another site.

All it takes is an attitude adjustment and to play by the rules, it is a game that uses the honour system and if players don't play by the rules and honour system it says a lot about that person.

The only way HPA hurts more than an aeg, bbs (assuming they're the same weight etc) travel faster, the BBS do more damage etc is if the joules of that rif is higher than the aeg players.

If the hpa player has changed their joule setting after chrono it's because they are a cunt. If the site refuse to deal with cunts ....why do you want to play there? Why attend a site/give them your cash and time that has pandering to cunts as it's business model? Why take your child to a site that doesn't deal with players that break health and safety rules that could risk your child's eye sight?

An AEG with the same joules and same weight bb will do the same thing as hpa. Hpa can be tuned to firing very fast, I have seen aegs that have been tuned to fire very fast, generally this is just down to the person behind the system but yes, hpa makes it easier for cunts to cunt. 

My AEG clocks in around 340 fps with a .2, which is just under the 345 limit of the skirmish site I attend. Typically I use gbbr (and the fps is very gas dependent) and I get as many kills etc as when I use an AEG, yet I have far fewer BBS, so I don't buy the whole faster rate of fire/mass of suppression will always win. Though it can have an impact. 

As for where on the body you can and should be shot simply put you have to expect to be shot anywhere, hands, groin, face etc and wear ppe as per your comfort levels. I've aimed at players chests 15 meters away (or so) and ended up getting them in the face, there are many factors that can impact how accurate a bb is you can't get upset about hand shots etc. It's part of the sport. 

43 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

HPA has a lot to do with it. They cycle faster than AEG, in a game where you have one team of HPA and another of AEG's, the HPA will win because of the rate of fire and power difference

DSG builds beg to differ. Guy who worked on my SR-25 brought his DSG build down to Worthing last month (with no intention of using it in game) because he knew the marshalls would see the funny side of it. You can definitely make AEGs go brrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttt. At that rate of fire, it's usually the mags that become the failing point as they just can't keep up. I also don't buy into the "high ROF = will win", but then again I run bolt actions and "DMRs" so I never have high ROF :P

Also in terms of power difference, if they're cheating then they're cheating. I could just as easily show up to chrono with my SR-25 which I've kept as an AEG, pass chrono and then go off and change the spring over because it has a quick change spring and slap in a massive one that takes it way over the limit. Also I could take my gas guns to chrono on 144a with .2s, then go away and slap black gas and .48s in all my mags to bring them to something ludicrous like 4J. Couldn't do it with my blowbacks because they'd explode, but m700 and mk23 are both NBBs and my clone mk23 magazines will take high power gas without dying like my TM ones would.

It's not the system, it's the players and the staff. 

If the site limit is 350fps then HPA is likely to be closer due to the nature of the setup. Just because you (and I as a matter of fact) run AEG's in the 330 range doesn't make the 349.9fps HPA user a cheater. Yeah it's more energy, yeah it's faster and yeah it'll hurt more, but it's still within the rules.

If you reckon someone is cheating then that's what the marshals are for, if you do nothing in-game and then complain on a forum nothing will happen to change your issue.

I wish my RIF was accurate enough to specifically target fingers or any particular part of another player. Generally I'm slinging BB's in their general direction on the off chance one of them will hit 😂

If you play this game there is a high likelihood of some very close combat, hell I play CQB most of the time and often look like I've a case of measles the following day! Some of the shots hurt like f**k but that's what you're signing up for when you go on a game day. Last game day I needed cleaning up after a shot broke the skin on my forehead (no complaints from me, didn't even realise till I got some odd looks in the safe zone) and I've even had to get an out of warranty replacement on my watch after I stupidly forgot to take it off and it got smashed by a BB - think it was a pistol that time.

HPA has a bad rep as it's easier to cheat, but that's not the systems fault, it's the users and the marshals.

If all else fails, play somewhere else.

On 08/02/2023 at 11:48, AirSniper said:

HPA has a lot to do with it. They cycle faster than AEG, in a game where you have one team of HPA and another of AEG's, the HPA will win because of the rate of fire and power difference.

In the last game I was at, the HPA was recognisable by how much faster the BB's were flying compared to the AEG's it is also noticeable by the fact that I again have small circular bruises despite having a vest, t-shirt, my game top, fleece and a plate carrier, and I have been hit with AEG's and whilst they sting, the HPA fire was actually hurting.

Most sites work on 1 joule on 0.2g which is 328 fps, 1.2 joules on 0.2g is 359 fps and max on sites fps wise is 350 fps.

IDK what AEG you have used but mine don't output 1.2 joules, they output 1 joule.

As for finding somewhere else to ply, why should I move when the other players need to change their attitude to game play and stick to the rules, they are there for the benefit of enjoyment, just seems to me a small number of guys that can't stick to the rules or play fair.

Where I live, sites are very far and few, were talking about an hours drive to a game at another site.

All it takes is an attitude adjustment and to play by the rules, it is a game that uses the honour system and if players don't play by the rules and honour system it says a lot about that person.

DSG cycles just as fast if not faster than an hpa.

Outdoor just easier to abuse joules because distance and foliage and most of the guys look the same regarding gear.

If it hurts that much as you said that's probably not following MED or some cunty behavor like swapping springs, changing BB weight, using heavier gas after chrono. Some people just have main character syndrome and their ego is too big or just sadist by nature.

Personally I would report it to a marshall if nothing happens they are not gonna see me ever again on that site.

Your whole body is fair play, as long as someone doesn't aim for head/groin on purpose like a very famous british gentleman from youtube.

Edited by Krisz

Did you know that AEGs and springers propel the BB the same exact way a HPA engine does?

They both use compressed air so technically you should be bitching about those as well, this makes you a hypocrite!

Jokes apart, literally everyone is telling you to have a word with refs or gtfo to find another site, and we have done so for a while.

Yet you prefer to cry on a forum.

3 minutes ago, Krisz said:

DSG cycles just as fast if not faster than an hpa.

Outdoor just easier to abuse joules because distance and foliage and most of the guys look the same regarding gear.

If it hurts that much as you said that's probably not following MED or some county behavor like swapping springs, changing BB weight, using heavier gas after chrono. Some people just have main character syndromre and their ego is too big or just sadist by nature.

Personally I would report it to a marshall if nothing happens they are not gonna see me ever again on that site.

Your whole body is fair play, as long as someone doesn't aim for head/groin on purpose like a very famous british gentleman from youtube.

Please delete this one. Cheers.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters
3 hours ago, AirSniper said:

HPA cycles faster IF you set it up to do that. I've also seen plenty of high ROF guns with batteries.

If the BBs are flying faster then it's more likely that whoever was firing them was using heavier ammo (it retains more energy for longer), that doesn't automatically mean that the FPS was too high.

Some of my guns do 1J, some of them do more (most of them are around 1.1ish, my DMR does around 1.5J). You missed the point though - 1J is 1J regardless of whether it's an AEG, HPA, GBB or a springer. The issue is NOT the system but the user and the people that police those rules at the site.

You're right, you shouldn't have to find a different site but if that specific site attracts the type of player that is going to repeatedly cheat and the marshals aren't addressing it then you have two choices, put up with it or go elsewhere. Like the man said, nut up or shut up.

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

I wish my RIF was accurate enough to specifically target fingers or any particular part of another player. Generally I'm slinging BB's in their general direction on the off chance one of them will hit 😂

This is completely true. Even If I had a super accurate laser gun with sites 100% dialled it I think most of the time I pull the trigger first rather than lining up my shot to deliberately aim at someone's hands. Whenever I get sot somewhere particularly painful that is what I attribute it to with who ever shot me. I doubt they spent ages lining up their shot with malice to shoot me right on the knuckle, it probably just happened to be what ended up getting hit as they shot at me as a whole.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, AirSniper said:

in your most recent post you seemed pretty confident it was one specific person, so not hard to point out?

i know the feeling, but the message you're giving the site currently is "don't worry about mr airsniper complaining about certain players, he'll grumble and moan on the internet and be back with a fresh set of green fee's next week"

yes it does, which is why the unfortunate truth is that whilst some venues might be able to maintain a better average, even an otherwise good site can be ruined by a couple of cunts picking that place on that weekend to show up and ruin everyone else's fun.

unfortunately, the human race's infinite ability to generate arseholes means this is a problem that airsoft will never be able to rid itself of.

end of the day this is a hobby played for fun, to enjoy ourselves, and if it's not possible to maintain enough good times to overrule the bad then why keep doing it? why expend the time, money and effort to keep doing something that's just making you angry and frustrated? 

19 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Have you considered that you may be pursuing a hobby for which you are not suited?  Playing airsoft seems to be very stressful for you; in particular, getting shot seems to really upset you.

Perhaps knitting would suit you better.

Edited by Colin Allen

Does strike me as odd that being shot at seems such an issue. 

As for breaking fingers at more than 20m with a BB... assuming I read that correctly?  I smell some bullshit frankly. Either that or medical attention should be sought immediately after selling all your kit.   There's some severe osteoporosis going on there. 

@AirSniper, From your description your running the Lebanon, not an airsoft field. Grow a pair, or grow sone lovely flowers instead. 

@Madhouse glad you had fun mate. That first game with all your own kit is a memorable one. Mine was Feb last year and I still remember it well. So much more fun than rental. I know how you feel about the barrel hitting the ground when slung. I'm in the same boat. Not experimented much with sling setups but it can be annoying and obv dont want to damage that nice tracer on the end. Hope you find a solution. Keep having fun :)

10 hours ago, Madhouse said:

on a 1-point sling my rifle’s fairly close to the ground

Yup, especially long, bulky rifles.

Get yourself a nice padded two points sling and it'll be night and day, even though it takes a little bit of time to get accustomed to.

@Madhouse that's a special feeling, having your own kit, right? 😆 Sounds like a cracking night.

On the sling front, 1-point have their place, but long guns aren't one of them imho. I also don't like getting nailed in the balls if i drop my rifle for a pistol. Big fan of adjustable 2-points (padded BFG VCAS and a Ferro Slingster) which I find far more practical. There are a ton of options out there, including the adjustable ones that go from 2-point to 1-point. Just try and avoid the really cheap ones unless you're happy to see your musket bounce off the concrete.

@C-Diddy certainly was great using my own kit, not only is it the stuff I want to be playing with but it’s like officially being an Airsoft player. This community is great at making rentals feel welcome, but as a rental you still feel a bit of an outsider.

I was going to ask for recommendations for a two point sling but you’ve already given me a couple 😉