The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

First time out in about a year due to covid, concussions, wife's car needing basically an engine swap etc...

RIFT Comsite 2. Very sunny day but just enough of a breeze to cool you without making your shots curve like an Angelina Jolie movie.

Lots of players on the deck, i'd say about 150ish. Land Rovers for both teams.

Usual gripes of overshooting and hit taking (rentals and seasoned players alike), but due to the weather movements were generally stagnated and lead to teams being pinned down at either point. Until one team decided to do a 50 person attack and basically went from one end of the map to the other.

Then with people running out of ammo/water/energy, headed to the car park and the other team countered in similar style. This was kind of the theme for the day of one team getting somewhere due to the other team waving a flag and heading to the safe area - which i don't blame them. I ducked out before the last game as I needed to get back home but the car park was about 80% full still which wasn't too bad.

Only moan personally is the turn around time between games. The morning was 2 hour game before lunch, but getting people to the brief area took aaaaages.

Personally i had a good day with one rifle that is fresh out of a tech's workshop starting to bed in and the r-hop finding it's groove. The single shot was a bit dodge with it firing a 2-3 round burst coming out of safe, but i think i need to fine tune the pre-cock and active break.

New pistol was the tits, and the aliexpress shooters belt worked lovely. 8 fields pistol taco's, for a fiver each once adjusted were as tight as a conservative government helping a poor person,

I treated myself, usually its myself and my lad, hes on camp with Explorers up in the lake district having fun, so I thought why not me... 

After a couple of hours of Shall I Shan't I, I decided to go.

There was a fair bit of cheating going on, shot one player in the face shield, in the hand and in the torso and as soon as I flagged a marshall, they buggered off before the marshall could have a word. Several other players on the team also complained about the same person. Then in cash grab, the player raided our bank, I got back from respawn as fast as I could to shoot him twice in the back, as per rules, dropped the bag, departed from the riles and never went to his respawn point but then picked up the cash bag and despite the cheating, our team decimated the game with a win of 18 out of the 21 bags in play.

About half way through the day, some players left and game play was excellent.

I'm sore and aching and still in recovery as I overdid it. All good fun.

First time visit to The Gaol nr Oakham. 

Really good CQB site with well thought out man made cover and barricades. The site owner and marshal team set a tone of professionalism and are efficient. 

As a team we had a reasonable day, only really hampered by the high temperatures. I think it’ll definitely be one to revisit later on in the year when things are a bit cooler and perhaps players are a bit more engaging with the objectives. 

All that aside, we did have some really good moments clearing buildings, getting the drop on people and just general airsoft banter! I personally didn’t see or hear or a single instance of non-hit taking either!

If you’re in the Midlands and fancy some great CQB.. give it a go!

Only played half the day today due to gun issues, but it was a good one for the games I played. Someone put a massive box in front of one of the positions I like taking, so I've had to adapt and evolve, however now that position is now a headshot generator because the box is in the way of taking lower shots. I think I know who put it there and why they put it there and it's only made it worse 😅

Anyway, got some good sniping in with some nice long range shots through small gaps, however something has come loose in the VSR and I had a tiny air leak. My air lasted all morning, but after lunch I was at 500psi, which as I only fired about 60 shots is not working as intended. I'll get it sorted probably tonight as I have an idea what is wrong with it. I know it's a tiny leak because my bottle is a 10ci tiny tiny bottle and it still lasted through the morning, where the leaks I've had before would've drained the tank across the course of one game.

Outside of that, ran the ruger converted AAP today as my sidearm and it was great. Warrior Assault Systems universal holster holds it better than the CTM holster and I got a good amount of people with it. new sniper belt kit setup worked wonders as well so I'm very happy with that too.

Anyway, going to take the VSR apart now.

I decided to bring a spatula today as a melee weapon. 
Needless to say I got quite a few laughs out of it, however I did get 8 kills with it and 1 other non-spatula melee kill
It was a very fun day without any complaints besides possibly the heat and the amount of liquids I had to drink because of all the sweat!
The amount of rentals that showed up was great too, it's always nice to know people are getting into the sport and to be able to provide them with the most fun possible.

image.jpeg.19d48e6edc9e199a9c0cb5fe9882d79e.jpeg

I was also there today, the man above did indeed bring a spatula and rock it!

First time a strikeforce Gloucester today, great fun…bit of a greenhouse!! Some good exchanges and lovely welts to come home with 😝

First time out for me and the boy at Camouflage Bournemouth yesterday. First impressions were of a well run, responsible site. Decent safety brief, quick chrono and a fair mix of players; regulars, newbies, male, female and a decent number of juniors.

Terrain was more challenging than I thought it was going to be, with some fairly steep hills to negotiate. The site is set out in a logical way however, with some decent structures, good ambush positions and the games are well organised. 

The heat was pretty brutal, which was to be expected, but most people seemed to be coping well. Hit taking was a bit of an issue at times, as was over-shooting and players flashing at each other more than usual. Must have been the heat!

To be fair though, everyone got a rebrief during a break about all these points, and about some of the language being used towards other players, which was good to see. I get that some people feel that getting lit up by a 12 year old is beneath them, but you have to question the sort of person who goes to airsoft not expecting to receive a hit all day, then calls a child a c*nt for doing just that. Totally unnecessary.  

We left just after lunch as my NGRS shit itself for the first time ever, and I'd neglected to bring any back-ups. Definitely be back there before long though and my lad absolutely loved it. 

First time CQB play at Biohazard in Stevenston, 4 of us played the night games and really enjoyed the layout of the site especially the second floor, took the Ronin Tk45 but didn’t even break it out, because the arp9 with tracer unit was too much fun and better suited to the environment, fairly decent hit calling by all, really friendly regulars and staff added to the experience, games where varied and evenly paced. Took it slow at first to learn and familiarise ourselves with the chokepoints etc (which possibly pissed off a few other grumpy players that just wanted to push) but we soon picked up the pace. 

I took a trip down to Battle Sector X in Strood on Tuesday and had a great time. Well run with a quick turn around between games without feeling like I was rushed. Sportsmanship and hit taking were good with no stand out moments of obvious cheating. 

The only negative I can think of is that the site is very small,  but that's not really something they can do much about. All in all I'll certainly be going back

• Supporters
On 17/08/2022 at 01:09, Gloombones said:

First time CQB play at Biohazard in Stevenston

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.  I like it as a site, it's small (so short walks to respawn!) but well thought out, and the staff know how to use it well.  Yes, there are a fair few Major Moveups always shouting "advice" at you from behind, but it's not like they're unique to Biohazard.

Today was another trip to Tower Airsoft in Essex; for those who don't know it, this is a small, wooded site with a castle, a church, a village and a bridge complex.

Last time I was there, 150 players turned up, which was a few too many for the site, resulting in the gameplay being rather constrained; this was due to Airsoft Plantation, which is run by the same company, being closed that weekend.  Today, around 40 players attended, which meant there was much more room for manoeuvre and sneakiness.  It was a great day of airsoft, played in a positive spirit with no arguments or allegations of non-hit taking.  It was good to run into the Reaper Ops guys for the first time in several years; the last time was when I was marshalling at Battle Lakes.

My personal high point was an epic last stand in the castle; a young lad and I were the last players there and held off the attackers for a considerable time.  Not long before that, I had been in the woods, working with others to stop the other team, who were the attackers, crossing the track.  A BB hit me very firmly in the back, so I shouted "Hit", stuck my hand up and started walking back to the castle, passing the player who had shot me; I raised my thumb to him to acknowledge his skill in sneaking round us and into a position behind us.  At that point, we both noticed that we were both wearing blue armbands!

The low point was my VZ58 eating its piston; however, it is an Ares and their pistons seem to be designed to fail.  It needed opening up anyway as the power was low; those wonderful Ares compression parts!

I need to decide where to go next weekend now.

• 3 weeks later...

Great weekend run by Gunman at Eversley Alpha.  The unusual feature of this event was that the VC and PAVN forces would have to stand and fight as a conventional unit.  Two man fire teams were possible, but both units would fight as groups.  Since both outfits tent to be harder to heard than cats, this promised an interesting weekend!

Friday night was the usual banter around a roaring fire, plenty of beers and the now traditional brandy and cigars.  Obviously one wishes to prepare oneself before a weekend of vigorous activity; and a few coronas and balloons of Courvoisier help tremendously.  These were enjoyed after a large helping of exquisite curry cooked by one of the players.  Just because we’re in tents doesn’t mean that we slum it.

Saturday morning saw a few regulars and several newcomers take to the field.  Being VC, our task was to kill and capture when possible GIs.  The PAVN faction had a whole set of objectives that our hit and run chaos was to aid.  We would tie the GIs up, whilst the PAVN did their thing.  This was really enjoyable as we formed a three man fire team and played havoc with tripwires and ambushes, occasionally posing as civilians in order to delay or divert the enemy.  Being equipped with explosives and an LSW, we had a fair bit of wallop when we did attack. 

A good feature of the site is the regular fly pasts by vintage aircraft.  The noise allowed for seriously rapid deployment in deep cover as the noise covered the sound of the movement.  In the area around the brewery section of the site, I played a blinder.  Being separated from my team as one player had become separated, and the other lost their rifle playing civilian, I attacked alone.  Seriously I was on the ball, and managed kill after kill with no hits to myself.  I was located at one point, but both grenades that were thrown failed to explode.  I must have trodden in some lucky shit I think.  For the first time I wished that I had kept count of the kill/death ratio.  Another team member claimed 18/3. 

My personal highlight was locating the enemy in a trench and earwigging their plans, radioing these to command and getting comfortable until they moved out twenty minutes later.  When I got eyes on, I realised that the players were two regulars and my son.  I laughed out loud as I took each one out.  The family that sprays together etc…

At close of play, we had given the GIs a good pasting as a team, with the PAVN having carried out all of their objectives.  The US players had recovered quickly after each attack and also done well, so good work all round.  For the first time ever at one of these games, someone mentioned hit taking, which I think shocked us all, but I think with hindsight that someone was playing less than switched on rather than taking the piss.  The heat was not too bad, but humidity was really high, and I can understand a bit of sloppy play at days end.  Everyone was seriously wilting. 

The night time was very relaxed after the day’s events.  The new bars were still full of singing idiots until late and we talked over the day’s game over steaks and scotch. 

Sunday was more objective based.  A series of escape routes had to be closed by the US and defended by the Vietnamese.  This went less well than Saturday.  Two Viet fireteams came across almost the whole US force, and not realising their error, stood and fought.  The outcome was inevitable and we lost all three citations and only hid our equipment box by luck.  We all went back to respawn well chastened.  Bollox!

Splitting our team into two we felt on more familiar ground.  As a team of four we re-entered the field and followed in the US’s path.  Doing this we retrieved our equipment and hid it ready for another opportunity.  We also managed to win a quick firefight with a recce squad that we bumped.  This cheered us up considerably. 

Close of play was frustrating.  We prepared a damn good all units ambush only for the US to rumble our plans and some fool to open fire all too soon.  We got a thorough drubbing and deserved it for the lack of fire discipline. 

One thing or so of note: The new players were not as switched on as the old hands.  I noticed that when we patrolled, the experienced players held their rifs at the ready whilst the newbies used the carry handles right into the objectives.  New players not only talked, but did so loudly, actually bickering about plans rather than confirming quietly via radio.  Loose buckles rattled, equipment thunked and twigs cracked like gunshots.  None knew any hand signals either.   It soon became an educational weekend too. 

Hits of the weekend:  I honestly played better than ever before Saturday.  The social was fantastic.  My wife played too, and is developing into a seriously good player.  She now wants a lightweight machine pistol.  What would anyone recommend?  We will try her with the lads Skorpion, but I expect that she’ll want her own 60’s rapid fire sidearm soon.  She also fancies a lightweight sniper rifle.  You can imagine how gutted I am at the thought of yet another gun.

Favourite bit:  chap shaking hands at the end of game stating that we were the sneakiest bastards that he’d ever played against.  This was especially generous as I aimed for his rucksack as he ran away… and all five/six shots hit him on the arse.  I did apologise. 

The heroes who got us a couple of gallons of water from Tesco deserve a mention too.  

Moans: where were we all?  The best games on the whole calendar IMHO and we were seriously depleted.  I would say that only a third of the expected players were there.  This did not affect the gameplay as such, which was great, but I did miss a few faces.  Seriously, playing this type of event once a month leaves our old bi-weekly skirmishing routine lacking. 

Anyhow, another great Gunman event, as expected.  I’ll do the next at the end of the month, and one in October.  I might just skirmish over the winter unless a Soviet themed game comes up, or possibly partisan based.  Whatever, it will be a blast.

23 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Great weekend run by Gunman at Eversley Alpha.  The unusual feature of this event was that the VC and PAVN forces would have to stand and fight as a conventional unit.  Two man fire teams were possible, but both units would fight as groups.  Since both outfits tent to be harder to heard than cats, this promised an interesting weekend!

Friday night was the usual banter around a roaring fire, plenty of beers and the now traditional brandy and cigars.  Obviously one wishes to prepare oneself before a weekend of vigorous activity; and a few coronas and balloons of Courvoisier help tremendously.  These were enjoyed after a large helping of exquisite curry cooked by one of the players.  Just because we’re in tents doesn’t mean that we slum it.

Saturday morning saw a few regulars and several newcomers take to the field.  Being VC, our task was to kill and capture when possible GIs.  The PAVN faction had a whole set of objectives that our hit and run chaos was to aid.  We would tie the GIs up, whilst the PAVN did their thing.  This was really enjoyable as we formed a three man fire team and played havoc with tripwires and ambushes, occasionally posing as civilians in order to delay or divert the enemy.  Being equipped with explosives and an LSW, we had a fair bit of wallop when we did attack. 

A good feature of the site is the regular fly pasts by vintage aircraft.  The noise allowed for seriously rapid deployment in deep cover as the noise covered the sound of the movement.  In the area around the brewery section of the site, I played a blinder.  Being separated from my team as one player had become separated, and the other lost their rifle playing civilian, I attacked alone.  Seriously I was on the ball, and managed kill after kill with no hits to myself.  I was located at one point, but both grenades that were thrown failed to explode.  I must have trodden in some lucky shit I think.  For the first time I wished that I had kept count of the kill/death ratio.  Another team member claimed 18/3. 

My personal highlight was locating the enemy in a trench and earwigging their plans, radioing these to command and getting comfortable until they moved out twenty minutes later.  When I got eyes on, I realised that the players were two regulars and my son.  I laughed out loud as I took each one out.  The family that sprays together etc…

At close of play, we had given the GIs a good pasting as a team, with the PAVN having carried out all of their objectives.  The US players had recovered quickly after each attack and also done well, so good work all round.  For the first time ever at one of these games, someone mentioned hit taking, which I think shocked us all, but I think with hindsight that someone was playing less than switched on rather than taking the piss.  The heat was not too bad, but humidity was really high, and I can understand a bit of sloppy play at days end.  Everyone was seriously wilting. 

The night time was very relaxed after the day’s events.  The new bars were still full of singing idiots until late and we talked over the day’s game over steaks and scotch. 

Sunday was more objective based.  A series of escape routes had to be closed by the US and defended by the Vietnamese.  This went less well than Saturday.  Two Viet fireteams came across almost the whole US force, and not realising their error, stood and fought.  The outcome was inevitable and we lost all three citations and only hid our equipment box by luck.  We all went back to respawn well chastened.  Bollox!

Splitting our team into two we felt on more familiar ground.  As a team of four we re-entered the field and followed in the US’s path.  Doing this we retrieved our equipment and hid it ready for another opportunity.  We also managed to win a quick firefight with a recce squad that we bumped.  This cheered us up considerably. 

Close of play was frustrating.  We prepared a damn good all units ambush only for the US to rumble our plans and some fool to open fire all too soon.  We got a thorough drubbing and deserved it for the lack of fire discipline. 

One thing or so of note: The new players were not as switched on as the old hands.  I noticed that when we patrolled, the experienced players held their rifs at the ready whilst the newbies used the carry handles right into the objectives.  New players not only talked, but did so loudly, actually bickering about plans rather than confirming quietly via radio.  Loose buckles rattled, equipment thunked and twigs cracked like gunshots.  None knew any hand signals either.   It soon became an educational weekend too. 

Hits of the weekend:  I honestly played better than ever before Saturday.  The social was fantastic.  My wife played too, and is developing into a seriously good player.  She now wants a lightweight machine pistol.  What would anyone recommend?  We will try her with the lads Skorpion, but I expect that she’ll want her own 60’s rapid fire sidearm soon.  She also fancies a lightweight sniper rifle.  You can imagine how gutted I am at the thought of yet another gun.

Favourite bit:  chap shaking hands at the end of game stating that we were the sneakiest bastards that he’d ever played against.  This was especially generous as I aimed for his rucksack as he ran away… and all five/six shots hit him on the arse.  I did apologise. 

The heroes who got us a couple of gallons of water from Tesco deserve a mention too.  

Moans: where were we all?  The best games on the whole calendar IMHO and we were seriously depleted.  I would say that only a third of the expected players were there.  This did not affect the gameplay as such, which was great, but I did miss a few faces.  Seriously, playing this type of event once a month leaves our old bi-weekly skirmishing routine lacking. 

Anyhow, another great Gunman event, as expected.  I’ll do the next at the end of the month, and one in October.  I might just skirmish over the winter unless a Soviet themed game comes up, or possibly partisan based.  Whatever, it will be a blast.

My battle buddy and I were due to come down for the Saturday as PAVN and I was very much looking forward to it but alas I was still COVID positive from the week previous so couldnt make it.

21 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

My battle buddy and I were due to come down for the Saturday as PAVN and I was very much looking forward to it but alas I was still COVID positive from the week previous so couldnt make it.

You were sorely missed again mate.  Hope you get over the bastard 'rona asap.

2 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

You were sorely missed again mate.  Hope you get over the bastard 'rona asap.

Thanks, I am a lot better but its still lingering in the background.

Played at YTA- Borderlands yesterday,

Starting out we got there about 8, unpacked and got a couple of covered and readied up, little of a downside as their generator wouldn't stay alive and they informed us there was no food on but this is airsoft and except for wanting a morning coffee all was well. The brief was detailed but not overly long and the Head-marshal knows how to shout, first game was an attack/defend game with one side running sticky bombs down at 3 tanks, the other holding them off as long as possible, defenders had limited lives so it was a timed game. My 416 loved it's new EPM-1s and the Theta Optics Scope I've just acquired meant I could see my targets really well. the games played really well we then played a larger zone capture game where one side pushed four zones with flags and once a flag was planted they had cleared a zone meaning the defenders couldn't use it at that point, we attacked first and ran through the 4 zones in order with my squad hitting the last zone repeatedly to thin out the final defence for our team. we then did the defence, they struggled to take the first zone and then they decided to hit the zone we had left undefended before swinging around and pushing us on the last zone, this is when we had the one and only incident of the day, the other team had a small group that had come late that decided that it was perfectly acceptable to full auto and overkill players, my self and four others got shredded at short range despite multiple calls of hit and even telling them to stop overkilling (an overkill of 20+ rounds after the hit call at under 10m), the refs were on them like bloodhounds and had stern words even dropping everyone down to semi for the rest of the day, the late guys left in the huff and the quality of the games went up.

All in all we had a great time and I'd recommend YTA sites to everyone

Had a blast at NAF22.

Got talking to a guy that was so bladdered, he said look after my beers, then never came back.

My lad bumped in to him next day and he didn't remember going to the toilet, just waking up in his tent in the early hours.

Your typical inconsiderate ass wipe keeping the camp site up until 5am was present again, bunch of John Wicks chatting shite could be heard from 300 feet away as if they were in the tent next door. No, you are not combat ready, thats beer talking shouting you a-holes.

Day 1 was great fun.

Day 2 was equally good fun until some group of guys were taking intentional head shots despite having foot to shoulders as a target. Lot of dirty play and disrespect of the honour system. If you can't take your hits, you're in the wrong sport.

Recovered and ready for round three at NAF23.

Edited by AirSniper
Cuz I can :)

🎶“if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough”🎶

Sang Roger Alan Wade (Jackass theme)

Found a dropped and wet mk5 flash bang on site on Sat

Proceeded to ignite with a lighter

Managed to get 2nd degree burns to my thumb, and my eye pro saved my eyes as the phosphor flashed out and scorched my lenses

Not my smartest decision 🤦🏻‍♂️
Nicely scorched nail, looks miles better than it did 72 hours ago

SPAZ

27842B43-C794-47FD-8DF0-81C272EB4BD7.thumb.jpeg.49fef48cac1e8f30ea7fb0baa8c80940.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

🎶“if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough”🎶

Sang Roger Alan Wade (Jackass theme)

Found a dropped and wet mk5 flash bang on site on Sat

Proceeded to ignite with a lighter

Managed to get 2nd degree burns to my thumb, and my eye pro saved my eyes as the phosphor flashed out and scorched my lenses

Not my smartest decision 🤦🏻‍♂️
Nicely scorched nail, looks Mike’s better than it did 72 hours ago

SPAZ

27842B43-C794-47FD-8DF0-81C272EB4BD7.thumb.jpeg.49fef48cac1e8f30ea7fb0baa8c80940.jpeg

Oopsy!

Had a really interesting one this weekend. I mostly went to set up all my guns for AI500, as there's a BB weight limit of .28 and I won't be a cheater even though I suspect there will be other people breaking that rule. I set up my HK45 first, as I only had the two pistols with me and I didn't want to use the mk23 (which I was also going to set up for .28s for AI500), but I made the decision to also bring my KJW m700 to test.

I wasn't expecting it to be great, as I've never used it and it was the first time I had taken it to the range. I thought it would chrono at 2J+ and then... it didn't. It was 1.5J on green gas and sending .48s into the sky. So I figured, "why not try 144a and see if I can get it under 1.1J? Maybe that'll also stop it sending the .48s into the sky" and as it turned out I was totally right. With the hop basically off and 144a now in the mag, it chronoed at 1J on the money with very low variance on a warm magazine that I kept in my pocket to make sure it didn't creep up in the midday sun. Lowest was 1.005 and highest was 1.009. Furthermore, it was sending the BBs out further than any of my other 1J builds, thanks in part because it was flinging .48s where my other 1J builds tend to be .32s or .4s at most. Was accurately hitting the 60m target with ease, and could even hit the 75m with some rifle tilting, so I decided that the VSR, which I had taken as the gun I was going to use, wouldn't even come out of the bag, all my HPA stuff remaining in the bags with it.

Taking it out into the game it was clear it's going to need bedding in. The shots were consistent and accurate enough, but some of the shots would hop more and some would hop less every so often, but I'm not going to take it to the range and feed .48s through it for the sake of bedding it in because .48s are pricey! Managed to fit 3 mags total (2 in the belt, 1 in the gun), so I had a total of 84 shots which I managed to last all morning, going through about half of them. I absolutely loved it and will be using it for the foreseeable future as my main bolt action. Everyone says gas is crap for snipers, but damn this build proves naysayers wrong. No MED, can hit 75m as long as you know how much tilt you need. Also, the rifle wrap I use works amazingly well on it, since the magazine is where it should be and the wrap is designed for real rifles, unlike the VSR where the magazine is further forward than it should be because of how a sprig sniper works.

I'm so happy with its performance. I didn't expect too much, because my HPA VSR was my magnum opus of bolt actions, but now it has competition!

Great game on Sunday. My lad got to take his AAP01 out for its first game.

Halfway through the day I was moved to the other team to balance out when someone left.

So I was on two sides of winning teams.

The usual Zombies game to warm up, got shot in the ass. 

Then the obligatory TDM which we lost (when I was on other team)

Capture the Flag which I amazingly got the only two flags for our team (after team rebalancing) the other team members got the flag but got taken down in a hale of BB's as the other team had set themselves up in good positions to defend their captures.

Cash grab which we smashed (my fave game of all). 

Only thing I am pissed over is the camera didn't record the first game of TDM in which I flanked the other team and took out 4 players by total surprise. Fist bumps all round on that one.

My son brought a friend who loved the game. All I could hear on the way back was them chattering about the game and airsoft guns and stuff. Mission accomplished IMHO. 

On 12/09/2022 at 13:23, Impulse said:

Everyone says gas is crap for snipers, but damn this build proves naysayers wrong. No MED, can hit 75m as long as you know how much tilt you need.

Do you use the gradations on your reticle or Kentucky windage?