The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

On 24/05/2022 at 00:40, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Amazing game again at Diggers Namsoft themed game in Kent.  A little down on numbers perhaps this year and a small decline in green machine players.  A shame that work and weddings seem to clash with the important things in life!

Anyhow, arrived on Friday feeling wiped out due to lack of sleep, but soon felt good relaxing with mates old and new.  |Met a few new faces at their first game.  I did wonder if a whole weekend of airsoft would stagger them but they were young and full of vim as they used to say.  Bloody good relaxed night around the campfire was a good way to start a game weekend I think.

Day one and each of three Aussie squads were put together.  Each was given a particular mission.  Ours was to patrol an area and search for VC.  This was a win on their part as we never found them and they completed their objectives.  We did keep busy and tbh, we needed the time to get into the swing of things.  A shake up run was important to get people into roles within the group.  It took a few minutes to get us all in order of march and to work out who was best point or tail end Charlie.  The odd firefight with rapidly disappearing foes kept us alert to say the least. 

After three quarters of an hour, we were rushing out to fights on the Land Rover, being RPG’d, ambushed, and counter ambushing.  It was spectacular fun and pretty exhilarating.  The vehicles and array of weapons was excellent.  I realised that I had a good kill to death ratio at one point, only to get marmalised for the next few fights. 

The afternoon was started with sounds of rockets and large flames as a simulated plane downing took place.  Now we had a race to the crash site with the VC arriving first and putting up stiff resistance as they withdrew with both black box and pilot.  Won the battle but lost the fight…

A break for evening meal, and we were back in base at 7 o clock.  As darkness fell, we had been frustrated by countless /VC sqauds appearing and having to be chased and (occasionally) engaged.  The whole damn lot of them then attacked.  Seriously, the night games at this event and Arclight have been the absolute best I’ve ever played.  Really pulse pounding stuff and only luck denied the VC victory.  A couple of grenades a few feet further and they would have overrun us easily.  As it was I was not taken out until someone jumped atop the bunker I manned.  Not sure if they did get my shirt sleeve with their pistol, but the audacity and speed that they showed were impressive and I took the hit whatever, sat back and watched the fight unfold as best I could.  The landmines hidden at the base entrance gave couple of players a loud surprise.

Another night under canvas and one of the best things about airsoft was evident.  I had a few beers with a chap I would never have normally met, but which revealed a similar life in similar family and work circumstances a mere continent away; eye opening stuff and another face to add to the people to have a beer with.  Swapping home cooked food was good too.  Went to bed full of single malt, aged brandy, fine cigars and top notch grub various corners of the world. 

Sunday was a raid on the VC camp to retrieve both box and pilot.  A most intense firefight that lasted almost two hours left us exhausted and hot but victorious.  It also left us embarrassed as several people had left and the VC were only about a third of our number… 

I’ll resist the temptation to bang on any more.  I had a seriously good weekend again, with top notch players, no no hit calling, arguments or any other unwelcome bollox.  A full twelve hours or so full on airsoft with vehicles, fireworks, mines, RPGs, a tight rule set and good playing standards, and had good time after game pigging out with friends.  Top quality and I can’t wait until the June game at Eversley.   I prefer a top quality game weekend once a month with the odd day skirmish to the fortnightly skirmish that I did for years.  More sites, better playing standards and a great social.   

I am due to go to the June Nam game at Eversley, look for the PAVN dude with the GHK and an LCT RPD, if it doesn't clash with my Gaelic football

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I am due to go to the June Nam game at Eversley, look for the PAVN dude with the GHK and an LCT RPD, if it doesn't clash with my Gaelic football

Oooooh, more for the glorious PAVN / VC side? I'll be there as VC with a VSR and my attempts at a mostly period appropriate "ghillie" and rifle wrap (lots of scrim net and lots of natural foliage).

7 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Today it was no hit takers day and overkill day as well as some shenanigans with one player I suspected of having an unregulated HPA and causing 8 to 10 players to leave the game site.

Two blemishes are defo 0.2's in a RIF that is chrono'd to spec, that is very clear and what I expect to see when I come from a game that has been played with players following the rules.

The other three and I have about 35 of them all over me, shots from further than the others I took, left me with those bleeding welts which is not what airsoft is about. Had they been really close shots like within 20ft, I'd expect a 0.2 to leave a bigger mark. To be clear on this, I had a long sleeve'd top on.

I suspect that the guy concerned was using 0.25's or 0.28's for something like those. To make it clear to the morons in the room, its twatish play like that--that sends the kids home to be never seen again and how is the sport to grow if you have morons intentionally taking the piss and driving away the new intake..? I have noticed a big drop in numbers of players recently as the regulars and myself agree that there are a few rogues players who pop up from time to time and you get this kind of game play that ruins the fun.

There was a guy who took a point blank hit to the arm, twice by a guy that could have just as easily have hit the guy in his plate carrier. 

There was one guy kept on taking hand shots, aiming to hit you on your hand and I got hit several times, luckily the gloves took the brunt. One guy ended up with an injury to his hand and it was very nasty, defo a hospital trip that one

There is beginning to be too many twats who just don't understand what fun is and that when they turn up, its off putting to people and they are the problem in the sport, not those complaining about fair game play, these guys tend to be the non-hit callers / takers, I popped a few guys dead centre of body mass and they carried on game play regardless.

So this weeks game was a lot of angry players wondering who it was... Put it this way, by half time we'd lost 8 players because of this one twat.

Excuse the rant but I think it needs pointing out to the morons in airsoft as they just don't get it, they are hurting the sport, not taking part in it... they may like to get hurt as part of their fun package and others hurt people back, that doesn't mean that its OK, especially when there are rules for good reason.

Oh no it isn't.jpg

Oh no it isn't2.jpg

It is sad that there are always a few people who ruin it for the many who love airsoft. Have you reported this to the site marshals? At the end of the day if the site are not on top of these things, incidences like this will unfortunately continue, until something serious happens or the site closes due to lack of return business.

I, like many long servicing airsofters on this forum are heart broken, disappointed and angry when we see these and hear about this incidents like this.  

I guess others on here will comment better than myself.

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

Oooooh, more for the glorious PAVN / VC side? I'll be there as VC with a VSR and my attempts at a mostly period appropriate "ghillie" and rifle wrap (lots of scrim net and lots of natural foliage).

I have done loads of them

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I have done loads of them

Your absence was noted at Diggers.  

See you both on the 10th.  I'll be donning black pjs and AK one day, PAVN and support weapon the other.  Du ban GI!

2 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Your absence was noted at Diggers.  

See you both on the 10th.  I'll be donning black pjs and AK one day, PAVN and support weapon the other.  Du ban GI!

Ohh thats ominous! By whom? Shane?

It depends if I am playing Gaelic or not that day to be honest as the team comes before airsoft.  

Edited by EvilMonkee

Our legendary General Mhyk if memory serves.   We missed your gas powered 'fut, fut, fut.'  

Hope you don't have a clash with the Gaelic football.   We have imperialists to slaughter.  

Ahh General Mhyk.  Great bloke. Yeh never an issue figuring out where I am on the battlefield LOL

11 hours ago, Sneaky said:

It is sad that there are always a few people who ruin it for the many who love airsoft. Have you reported this to the site marshals? At the end of the day if the site are not on top of these things, incidences like this will unfortunately continue, until something serious happens or the site closes due to lack of return business.

I, like many long servicing airsofters on this forum are heart broken, disappointed and angry when we see these and hear about this incidents like this.  

I guess others on here will comment better than myself.

Yeah, they know and do what they can to prevent breaches, its the catching as identifying some players who are in the game is difficult, especially when they're shooting from positions providing dark and cover and the fast action pace all make for a hard job being able to point out who is not playing by the rules. 

Two days on, the bruising comes out. 

DSCN3202.jpg

DSCN3203.jpg

First game in almost 6 months, caused by a mix of frustrating games, family life, other hobbies and a severe lack of spare time. It was good to get a game in, went to a team green day at tuddenham (same site gunman run) and the level of play was brilliant. The games were a bit more confined, limits on where you could go etc which I'm not a fan of (hate being funnelled into attacking certain spots) but I came away from the day extremely tired and pretty darn happy. 

Not a single issue of poor hit taking or cheat calling, all players were very nice.......not a spectacular event, just really darn good run of the mill Airsoft skirmish. 

Didn't play too much today. Had no energy all day and first game I took a flanking route to get out of a spawn trap; the bases weren't planned very well that meant our team was easily cut off from half the site where all our objectives were, but the flanking route I took has massively overgrown and I had to fight through really thick foliage. Couldn't go back the way I came either as it was a steep, muddy, slippy incline covered in stinging nettles. Going up it was okay, but going down it I would fall and injure myself, or slide down on my backside and get covered head to toe in stinging nettles (they were probably about 5ft tall), so I spent about half an hour fighting my way through very thick foliage. Weather was muggy too, so I got back and was absolutely dripping with sweat and I just sat out the rest of the morning. Didn't recover much over lunch, so I toyed about with my VSR and now I can boast "my gnu am shot 100m ez" because I managed to hit the 100m target; barely heard the dink on the metal target as it was so far away, but I did hear it (because no way in hell was I seeing it, even with a 9x zoom). Yes, it was overhopping to where it would be impractical for most shots so I'll need to lower the hop, yes it was an angled shot on 9x zoom, and yes I was hitting it maybe around 1 in 10 shots, but I hit it. That means it's my effective range now, right? 😂

Looking forward to some Namsoft next weekend, but after that it's going to be hard for me to play for about 2 months. I think I might go insane, please send help.

Edited by Impulse

A brutal,hot humid day down the bunkers. 

I though I had escaped unscathed(not easy to say after two ciders lol) but on removing my ubacs my left arm is a mass of welts and bruises the colours of which picasso would have loved to have used. I never felt it🤔

My stepson and me were graced with the presence of @Speedbird_666for his first( and probably last)visit to the site.He was more intune with the layout within 2 hours than I am after 6 years!! So I wasn't much help to him. But he played a great game.

Smashing bloke to talk to and good player. Thanks for coming👍

all in all a good day. I'm battered and shattered 🤕😴

regards 

9 minutes ago, Shamal said:

My stepson and me were graced with the presence of @Speedbird_666for his first( and probably last)visit to the site.He was more intune with the layout within 2 hours than I am after 6 years!! So I wasn't much help to him. But he played a great game.

Smashing bloke to talk to and good player. Thanks for coming👍

Thank you @Shamal for showing me the ropes today at the Bunker - never been to a site with 'you are here' maps because the layout is so complex.

I'll be back later in the year! I want to hit UCAP Valiant at Dorchester next.

1 minute ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Thank you @Shamal for showing me the ropes today at the Bunker - never been to a site with 'you are here' maps because the layout is so complex.

I'll be back later in the year! I want to hit UCAP Valiant at Dorchester next.

Cool. We would to so maybe arrange something later on👍

Regards 

On 24/05/2022 at 00:40, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Amazing game again at Diggers Namsoft themed game in Kent.  A little down on numbers perhaps this year and a small decline in green machine players.  A shame that work and weddings seem to clash with the important things in life!

Anyhow, arrived on Friday feeling wiped out due to lack of sleep, but soon felt good relaxing with mates old and new.  |Met a few new faces at their first game.  I did wonder if a whole weekend of airsoft would stagger them but they were young and full of vim as they used to say.  Bloody good relaxed night around the campfire was a good way to start a game weekend I think.

Day one and each of three Aussie squads were put together.  Each was given a particular mission.  Ours was to patrol an area and search for VC.  This was a win on their part as we never found them and they completed their objectives.  We did keep busy and tbh, we needed the time to get into the swing of things.  A shake up run was important to get people into roles within the group.  It took a few minutes to get us all in order of march and to work out who was best point or tail end Charlie.  The odd firefight with rapidly disappearing foes kept us alert to say the least. 

After three quarters of an hour, we were rushing out to fights on the Land Rover, being RPG’d, ambushed, and counter ambushing.  It was spectacular fun and pretty exhilarating.  The vehicles and array of weapons was excellent.  I realised that I had a good kill to death ratio at one point, only to get marmalised for the next few fights. 

The afternoon was started with sounds of rockets and large flames as a simulated plane downing took place.  Now we had a race to the crash site with the VC arriving first and putting up stiff resistance as they withdrew with both black box and pilot.  Won the battle but lost the fight…

A break for evening meal, and we were back in base at 7 o clock.  As darkness fell, we had been frustrated by countless /VC sqauds appearing and having to be chased and (occasionally) engaged.  The whole damn lot of them then attacked.  Seriously, the night games at this event and Arclight have been the absolute best I’ve ever played.  Really pulse pounding stuff and only luck denied the VC victory.  A couple of grenades a few feet further and they would have overrun us easily.  As it was I was not taken out until someone jumped atop the bunker I manned.  Not sure if they did get my shirt sleeve with their pistol, but the audacity and speed that they showed were impressive and I took the hit whatever, sat back and watched the fight unfold as best I could.  The landmines hidden at the base entrance gave couple of players a loud surprise.

Another night under canvas and one of the best things about airsoft was evident.  I had a few beers with a chap I would never have normally met, but which revealed a similar life in similar family and work circumstances a mere continent away; eye opening stuff and another face to add to the people to have a beer with.  Swapping home cooked food was good too.  Went to bed full of single malt, aged brandy, fine cigars and top notch grub various corners of the world. 

Sunday was a raid on the VC camp to retrieve both box and pilot.  A most intense firefight that lasted almost two hours left us exhausted and hot but victorious.  It also left us embarrassed as several people had left and the VC were only about a third of our number… 

I’ll resist the temptation to bang on any more.  I had a seriously good weekend again, with top notch players, no no hit calling, arguments or any other unwelcome bollox.  A full twelve hours or so full on airsoft with vehicles, fireworks, mines, RPGs, a tight rule set and good playing standards, and had good time after game pigging out with friends.  Top quality and I can’t wait until the June game at Eversley.   I prefer a top quality game weekend once a month with the odd day skirmish to the fortnightly skirmish that I did for years.  More sites, better playing standards and a great social.   

'they were young and full of vim'.

My auntie was full of vim.

She mistook it for her constipation powders.

She died but she was spotless.😂

'nother tournament done, this one was short and we ended up 2nd out of 12 teams, with just a handful of points separating us from both the first and third places.

Not bad considering that out of 8 people, three were at their first event and two others haven't played in years.

My gun stopped feeding on the last objective for no reason, BBs were being loaded into the hop unit but they couldn't be pushed out, so I suspect the piston head came loose inside the gearbox (which seems to cycle as normal, nozzle moves as intended), it's one of those cases where a pistol would have been nice to have but again, for the remaining 99.98% of situations it's just extra weight and bulk.

Nonetheless it was a fun event, shame that it was a 3h drive to and 3h drive from, for a 2.5/3h event.

Friday game at Driver Wood. Christ it was hot... 

Our side smashed the other so badly it was almost not fun after a while, lord alone knows what they were doing but they didn't play any objectives in any of the games, we boxed them into corners of the maps so badly the marshalls pulled us back in every game to try and give them a chance to come back on us but they still failed.

Game 1 Domination boxes, we got and held all of them. Was nice to play on new fields at DW, trenches and village were fun to play in but jesus christ its hard to see people if they bunker down in those areas which slows the game a lot. At one point we had them so boxed in and in cover down we were just sort of standing around waiting for them to do something. 

Game 2 King of the Hill, solid, fast paced game, good hit taking, we won that one comprehensively by just coralling them and being smart in following the flag. 

Final game was a capture the flag. needed 2 players touching, for every minute they were touching the 2 flags we got a point, we literally had 2 lads on the flags for the entire game. The other tema never made a decent push for them and it was an easy win. Was knackered by the end of the game, 4.5 hours of games with short breaks is tough going when its over 20 degrees out. 

At one point I flanked 4 players who were intently pumping fire downrange at our lot shot all 4 of them and they didnt take the hits despite it being massively obvious they had been hit several times. I ran off as they randomly shot the bushes around me and then claimed I'd not taken hits... there will always be 'those people' at every site. Marshalls were equipped with DMRs and pistols and let a few of the non hit takers very aware they knew what was going on. 

An improvement from Driver Wood on that front, they got it wrong with a couple of people who felt hard done by as a result which I get but overall I think Gaz and the marshalls team have worked hard on hit taking at the site. 

also picked up an old Classic Army MP5 and a couple of mags in the car boot sale which was a lot of fun to run in the last game. sadly the gun I built a couple fo weeks ago has died, I think my youtube education in teching has reached its limit and I need a pro to do the work now! 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Milsim, "Op Red Tide" run by Defiant Events, hosted at Dogtag Airsoft

image.thumb.jpeg.12a0613fb0c1dae6f645c72d4c3bda4a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc9d947df4b687bbc047d0962887cbfb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5594c042801980585226d44d48cb004c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b93f5579229fed61d8c104aed115d246.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bab03a42d7ea19642427a4ea3b091c4.jpeg

Yesterday at Apocalypse started as a bit of a mixed bag as there were some great games, but was let down by a bunch of rentals who couldn't follow simple instructions and site rules. Fortunately they left at lunch (I don't know if they left on their own accord or were booted as they left pretty quickly) but the games got a lot better afterwards. 

It was also nice that my kurtz managed a full day without crapping out which is more than can be said for my shotgun and aks74u, although the ak was my own fault for not charging the battery 

• Supporters

Meh at Area-66.  Nice weather and generally fair and good natured, but it only takes 5%.  In this case a couple of God Mode rentals, and Elbonians unable or unwilling to comprehend or follow simple instructions even after repeated reminders.

None of this was dealt with because of sadly typical marshalling: generalised shouting and threats about what will happen next game are fooling nobody when marshals are studiously ignoring players standing right next to them saying "I'm just going to shoot that marshal until he moves" or "I'm not taking that hit until he takes his."  Why put on the hi-vis if you're not interested in doing the job?

Then we got some poorly thought-out games, and parts of the site were out of play because of reasons, making it a pretty linear grind with long walks back to fixed respawns and the usual reluctance to get hit (or call hits...) that promotes.

Still a few smiles, but it was more about making our own fun.

52 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

God Mode rentals, and Elbonians unable or unwilling to comprehend or follow simple instructions even after repeated reminders.

That sounds like the lot we had that I mentioned above. They had to be told more than once not to dry fire in the safezone and would suddenly forget how to understand English when pulled up on their twattery

@DrAlexanderTobacco How was Dogtag? I went the other day and left during the first game.  Was full of kids for one. Briefing was terrible, dry firing in the safe zone was rife, I think it was me and about 4 other people with their own kit who actually chronoed their kit and nobody checked on the way into the field. Site looked good but first impression was awful, spoke to a girl who played there regularly, she said it was pretty poor most of the time. 

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

They had to be told more than once not to dry fire in the safezone and would suddenly forget how to understand English when pulled up on their twattery

Mmm, Equality Act 2010 has no mention of language, and I don't think it's unreasonable to require participants to understand and be able to follow simple instructions in English.

Elbonian: [Full-autos at a building.]

Marshall, shouting: "No full auto at buildings."

Elbonian: [Looks around. Pauses. Full-autos at the building.]

Marshall, shouting: "Hey! Is that a building?"

Elbonian: [Looks around. Nods. Pauses. Full-autos at the building.]

Marshall, shouting: "Stop shooting full auto at buildings!"

Elbonian: [Looks around. Nods. Long pause.]  ... [Full-autos at the building]

Armchair quarterbacking here, but good marshalling at that point would be to lead that person out of play and have an actual back-and-forth conversation with them about what the problem is.  Just yelling the same thing over and over and expecting different results is futile beyond a certain point.

This lot would understand everything in conversation, but the moment they were pulled up on something they turned into this guy so it was obvious they knew exactly what they were doing. 1e6.jpeg.3707e0438f6ad560926fa440e8bfb570.jpeg

Edited by Cannonfodder