The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Guest Mr. No_Face
23 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Welcome to the dark side 😁 GBBRs are just so much fun, no recoil aeg can come close , and they demand a style of play that is much more imersive  and ultimatly much more satisfying than 'spray and pray'.

Too much fun indeed.👌 Definitely found myself being far more conservative and way more illusive than usual and that's saying something. Since I'm always moving as low profile as possible. Hell, It's almost impossible for anyone to find a photograph of me in a upright position whilst playing airsoft lol.

All that's left now is to figure what GBBR will be my first.😎

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

All that's left now is to figure what GBBR will be my first.😎

Loads will tell you to get a TM MWS, but I will say that my WE based L119 and WE L85 are both excellent performers , the 119 has been used at every game day I've played this year running on red gas and even last time out the gun held up to the cold better than I did. WE G36 is a good platform I just dont seem to take mine out very often.

2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I joined the church of GBBR after swapping my MP7 for a teammate's GHK AKS74U for a single round. I don't think I've ever had that much fun using a GBBR in my several years of airsoft despite being killed over and over again by my own teammates. I was one of those strict AEG guys that fell for the "more reliable and less advantage" myth. 

100% sold on buying a GBBR for my next rig. Way too much fun.🤙

I'm with you there. I picked up a TM AKM (although I only have 1 mag because they're out of stock everywhere!) and since firing it on the range I've also decided to just stop using AEGs altogether. HPA and non-blowback gas guns are better for stealth, while GBBs (both pistols and rifles) are just way more fun than their electrical counterparts. I can't go back to AEGs after firing my AKM on the range!

Guest Mr. No_Face
15 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I can't go back to AEGs after firing my AKM on the range!

I don't think I can either. I'm kinda pissed off I bought two highend £400 AEG's that do practically the same thing. I bought my MP7 purely because the weight of the Ronin TK45 started to get uncomfortable for long periods when in reality it's more than manageable. God, that money could have gone to a nice GBBR.

Now for the past 2 days I've been sat here looking at my PayPal credit £1000 limit about to do something dumb.....Somebody needs to take me away from this computer before I do something.

45 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Loads will tell you to get a TM MWS, but I will say that my WE based L119 and WE L85 are both excellent performers , the 119 has been used at every game day I've played this year running on red gas and even last time out the gun held up to the cold better than I did. WE G36 is a good platform I just dont seem to take mine out very often.

The TM MWS was something I looked at but I'm kinda bored to death of AR/M4 types. I'm really sold on the GHK AKS-74U I used.

image.jpeg.39c996ab5750d984f4687f8083731f4e.jpeg

Or if I can get one that comes with the Hephaestus AK kit installed .

hephaestus_custom_ghk_aks74u_gbb_0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh I found last night's game at Driverwood to be a mixed bag. While the safezone and facilities were excellent (proper flushing toilets, lights and power sockets), and the game area was well set up with plenty of variety in the way of cover and buildings. The lighting and smoke machines were a nice touch too

On the downside I found the hit taking to be questionable and the answer to my question about pyro rules was basically don't bother, nobody takes any notice them. Well if that's the case then surely it's down to the staff to deal with it, rather than just moan about it and it gave me the impression they didn’t really care. The last thing I didn't like was the sound system playing what sounded like the soundtrack to a cheap fairground ghost train. Whilst this might be good for zombie or halloween events I found it to more of an irritation. 

Overall I don't think I'll be going back soon 

Edited by Cannonfodder

What a way to round out the year. I donned the tinsel ghillie once again and went around sniping people with the HPA VSR. Had some really heart-pounding adrenaline fuelled moments of people walking right past me and me lying completely still and hoping they don't spot the shiny tinsel, which they surprisingly didn't! I was really enjoying my invisibility and got some really nice shots as the VSR was firing amazingly well and there was very little wind. Games were pretty close too, with one team winning a narrow victory in the morning, then our team came back strong in the afternoon.

Took my newly repaired mk23 out too, since the return spring pinged out at AI500 when it fell out of the holster and it performed like a dream with a new one in. So happy to use it while I heard GBBs really struggling with the temperature, and it's a lot more silent than the mp7 aep (though the mp7 does have a fun switch!).

Downside is the lended out my m21 to a friend and it jammed, so I'm going to need to sort that. Wasn't his fault, it's a thing that happens sometimes and I think I'm going to need to tape some card just under the back of the hop unit, as there's a little gap that sometimes BBs roll backwards into in between the nozzle returning to position if you're firing uphill, jamming the nozzle and therefore jamming the HPA engine open so it vents loads of air. I'll do that at some point over the next two weeks...

What a great end to the year! The long format morning and afternoon games were very fun. I enjoy those pure objective game modes a lot when you have the whole site and you get little squads forming and setting out to do something towards the objective. Maybe it's not direct, but it might be disrupting the spawn or just holding a certain area. I especially enjoyed the absolute torrent of red smoke (incendiary) in one of the last games for a 4 minute base capture 😂

42 minutes ago, Impulse said:

which they surprisingly didn't!

I had people shocked, as if I'd suddenly appeared, whilst wearing a big red cape 🤣 

55 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

What a great end to the year! The long format morning and afternoon games were very fun. I enjoy those pure objective game modes a lot when you have the whole site and you get little squads forming and setting out to do something towards the objective. Maybe it's not direct, but it might be disrupting the spawn or just holding a certain area. I especially enjoyed the absolute torrent of red smoke (incendiary) in one of the last games for a 4 minute base capture 😂

Yeah, same. It lets me go off and be annoying, picking people off at range and then repositioning to leave them questioning if I'm still there or not. Having the whole site in play really opens up my style of gameplay.

57 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

I had people shocked, as if I'd suddenly appeared, whilst wearing a big red cape 🤣 

I mean... with how you were dressed up today, I'd be shocked if you appeared next to me too 🤣

47 minutes ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

Need to make sure I take gloves with me next time as my left hand (my lead hand) got shot so many times. 

Did the same thing first game.  Surprisingly painful on the mitts!

Sorry for laughing @TheNotoriousLoki , but I seriously do know what you mean mate.  I swore really badly in front of a bunch of kids, much to my shame.  The marshal laughed off my apology, saying that under the circumstances he quite understood!

These all seem to come out of the same factory.  I get a pair of the cheapest that E-Bay comes up with every few years, not that the inners have much meat left.   

Image 1 - Tactical Army Military Gloves Combat Airsoft Hard Knuckle Full Finger Gloves UK

Just now, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Sorry for laughing @TheNotoriousLoki , but I seriously do know what you mean mate.  I swore really badly in front of a bunch of kids, much to my shame.  The marshal laughed off my apology, saying that under the circumstances he quite understood!

These all seem to come out of the same factory.  I get a pair of the cheapest that E-Bay comes up with every few years, not that the inners have much meat left.   

Image 1 - Tactical Army Military Gloves Combat Airsoft Hard Knuckle Full Finger Gloves UK

The worst thing is I already had some gloves but left them at home like an idiot.

Oh I swore too, no kids today so was okay but the Marshall did laugh then said sorry for laughing. He said it’s the quickest way to learn to remember your gloves.

Yesterday's game was 'interesting' in a few ways.   My M906C chrono'd at 230fps in the morning.  Once I'd recovered from the shock (I wasn't expecting much more, say 270fps, but still!) I decided to roll with the gun anyway, as my belt is all set for M4 mags and I didn't have 100% faith in my AK.  
So I ended up on a team with Santa and his Elf, which was amusing but not very tactical ;)

image.png.32313fbd8a11d3c8a06b5a698b601e59.pngimage.png.47c7b0087b9e4be22cfcefea90388094.png

Usual collection of good games in the morning, with a nice pic of me in the battle haze...
image.png.60f62a9a710cfe41352c771f8f0983e6.png

A a great Xmas stew for lunch, a raffle with some decent prizes (no luck on those unfortunately, a P90 with an M4 adapter would've been fun to win)
For the afternoon I decided to roll with the AK but damn it, it let me down.   It looked damnably cool while it was working
image.png.0c34ef7d7307676b58a663f41cf48e9e.png

But later in this 'rolling defence' game against the marshals firstly the hop needed tweaking - I asked for help and a teammate got pinged as he was doing it.  Poor bugger was our first casualty, and out for the rest of the game.  Then I couldn't get the top cover back on (I'm still cursing it now, damn thing won't go on easily even at home)... I ended up surrounded by the enemy , knowing that as soon as I showed myself I'd get lit up by multiple HPAs at very short range :[    I popped my head out of cover, holding the top cover and battery sort-of in place with my left hand, aimed at the nearest enemy, pulled the trigger - nothing!  I think the fuse had gone with all the fecking-about.  (Luckily someone from distance saw me first and I got pinged not too painfully)
Back to the M906 which had held up pretty well through the day, considering the low fps - there's a lot to be said for sneaking or rushing up close before opening fire - outright performance isn't an issue when you're engaging at 10-30m rather than trying to out-duke an HPA or sniper at 40m+ range.

Anyway, a good day, roll on the next game, whenever that might be!
image.thumb.png.aa6936cb58a8721885323ec62a7c2f19.png

(that's my grinning fizzog next to the left of the Russian flag)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
21 hours ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

Today was my first ever game of airsoft, it is safe to say I’m hooked. 

Great to hear it, and yes, gloves are de rigueur for CQB.  Torch, yes, tracers, hell yes.  Sorry to hear that Bristol Airsoft is closing, it looks like an amazing site.

One thing though, you get a huge adrenaline hit off of the first few days and it's easy to blow thousa- I mean, hundreds.  And that's how we end up with a classified section full of "used once, not for me" cupboard queens.  I'd give it a few months to see if it's true love.

I had another decent day at Area-66 yesterday.  It's a site that's just as big as it needs to be, well developed, with a mostly decent playerbase.  I'd prefer the marshals to be a bit more marshally and a bit less matey with the usual scamps and scallywags.  Still, no real problems, good natured hijinks all round.  My DMR crapped out after lunch, so it was MP5K-and-charge.  Tuckered out today, mind.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Great to hear it, and yes, gloves are de rigueur for CQB.  Torch, yes, tracers, hell yes.  Sorry to hear that Bristol Airsoft is closing, it looks like an amazing site.

One thing though, you get a huge adrenaline hit off of the first few days and it's easy to blow thousa- I mean, hundreds.  And that's how we end up with a classified section full of "used once, not for me" cupboard queens.  I'd give it a few months to see if it's true love.

I had another decent day at Area-66 yesterday.  It's a site that's just as big as it needs to be, well developed, with a mostly decent playerbase.  I'd prefer the marshals to be a bit more marshally and a bit less matey with the usual scamps and scallywags.  Still, no real problems, good natured hijinks all round.  My DMR crapped out after lunch, so it was MP5K-and-charge.  Tuckered out today, mind.

I have already spent a bit of money but that is buying my gear (helmet, gloves, face protection & tactical vest). My fiancé has bought me a two tone RIF which I will use for a while then maybe purchase a pistol once I have my UKARA

looking to book my next game on 28th but all depends if Boris does another lock down or not. 

@TheNotoriousLoki glad to hear you enjoyed it. Forgetting your gloves is a lesson I'm sure many of us have learnt the hard way, I know I have.

Good call on not buying more gear for the moment, it's very easy to end up buying loads of stuff that ends up sitting in a cupboard gathering dust. 

47 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

@TheNotoriousLoki glad to hear you enjoyed it. Forgetting your gloves is a lesson I'm sure many of us have learnt the hard way, I know I have.

Good call on not buying more gear for the moment, it's very easy to end up buying loads of stuff that ends up sitting in a cupboard gathering dust. 

Yes I learnt very quickly to remember my gloves next time. 

I have made two more purchases but nothing crazily expensive, just a torch for the side of my gun & a better sight.

as soon as it’s all arrived and it’s all fitted, I will make sure to upload a photo for people to see. 

6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

In that case I suggest some kind of protection for the lens on the light as they can easily be shot out. 

Thank you for the information, I will fit it first then work out what protection would be best. As not sure if I need to use the riser or not yet.

Another day at Bristol Airsoft (The Courts) today, was a fun day. A lot smaller teams so played more tactical.

it’s such a surreal feeling sneaking through the cells in darkness, listening out for foot steps. As soon as I heard anything I stopped dead and aimed toward the direction it was coming from. 

My high cappa helped so much today also on the tight stairs. Just need a sling now and had to go one handed while holding my rifle down to the side.

D526BC49-0F6E-44B7-BA9F-C87BB30F831E.thumb.jpeg.66c84df9fb6c4b36f5746d067c4e5978.jpeg

always seem to get hit in the same place tho, you can still see the reminiscence of the 19th when we last played but now a few new marks from today. 

• Supporters

First time at Gunman Bravo yesterday since it was the closest thing to getting a game this weekend just gone and @Asomodai rated it highly.  Overall, not an undeserved reputation; I struggle with giving fair appraisals of sites as I was pretty spoiled by the places I went to when I got in to this game and probably judge things overly critically as a result so while I didn't have the *best* gameplay there per se that's probably no reason to think negatively of the outfit.

I was very surprised indeed by the semi only rule throughout the whole site, definitely an interesting approach and something to mull over given the conversation that's ongoing in the ROF-related thread.  Unfortunately I'd brought two TM NGRS that are now by modern standards pretty old school, one being dead stock and the other with just some extra FPS and as some of you will well know those guns don't mesh well with trying to fire quickly in repetition, so a few lock-ups reared their head.  Luckily the visceral satisfaction of doing the reloads was a saving grace.  The TM M45 would've really struggled if I'd actually used it which was also surprising as it was almost 10C, but it was also the moistest skirmish I've ever done which may have been a factor and I barely saw any pistol use all day from anyone.

Also learnt that the Revision desert locust fan goggles have enough extra stand off from the face to cause some minor eye relief issues with my replica ACOGs, though again it was so damp that the optics were fogged fairly often anyway.  Lessons learned for future and I think my new Holy Warrior magnifier might actually have further eye relief so it could all work out.

£25 for the walk-on is certainly decent, very good safe zone maybe the best I've seen at a woodland site, but £8 for the lunch did shock me slightly.  On the one hand you're in the middle of the woods with no connected utilities and the lady doing the cooking is lovely and quantity was good and quality at least average, I certainly didn't dislike eating it.  Then again quality wasn't amazing either and orders seem to take ages for some reason.  Luckily I'd arrived just after the gates opened and got my order in but a lot of guys were only getting their food after the lunch break had finished and I was back out in the game area.

The thing that was best and worst at the same time is I discovered my Blackhawk Omnivore (non-light model) doesn't protect the 1911 mag release sufficiently from my thicc ol' quads and after about 14 years of not having it happen I had the absolute classic 'oh that expensive GBB pistol mag isn't in my pistol where it should be' moment.  But then the small size of the main play field really worked in my favour and by the will of all of the gods I almost stood on AND actually spotted my small, thin, black painted, dirty 1911 mag on the dark, mucky forest floor while wearing tinted goggles on the walk back to regen.   I can only presume I had some good karma built up because as I'm sure most of you know the odds on that were fuckin slim.

Good review @TheFull9

£25 and then £8 for lunch?  Ouch.  I'll appreciate the free nosh at Special Ops all the more hearing that.

Losing a gbb mag would be painful, glad you found it.  Please buy me a lottery ticket 😄

But spare a thought... at my last game some poor bugger lost a TM gold match hi capa pistol.

That's an advert for pistol lanyards right there 😑

Always had fun at Gunman Bravo, and never an issue with the semi-only rule. iirc they still allow full auto with support weapons, and I think the last time I went that’s what I was using. 

Can’t comment on the lunch as it’s new since I last went so will reserve judgement until my next visit!