The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Stacius said:

plastic magnetos

Yup, definitely stealing that one. :D 

I had the usual day at Biohazard CQB.  Fun, fast paced, constant action. But too many players for the site, and muddled briefings rattled out quickly in a room with bad acoustics.  Infuriatingly long breaks between games, with no cattle-prodding of the slackers.  So, just like every other site, really. ;) 

The actual play was mostly good natured, very few whangers, solid play from the rentals, it'll do until Depot 2.0 gets going.

MP5K and R17 both behaved well, some rebellion from the Specna Arms SA-E02 set up for CQB, which resolutely refused to apply any hop even after trying a selection of rubbers and nubs at lunch.  I didn't push the spacer ring between the barrel and hop unit, I wonder if that gave the barrel too much vertical play.

On 06/09/2021 at 09:04, Mr. No_Face said:

Nope. For the most part I 've gotten by without being shot there. This is my typical loadout I run with absolutely no neck protection.

1760784715_NOFACE2.png.a88adb0a9bf073912ed178b329c9486e.png

Sometimes I'll throw on a shooters headset or even regular ones to protect my ears and that's about the sum of it. But after Saturday's reality check I'll be making neck protection a staple, you can bet on that. Won't be going through that level of pain and discomfort again.

Damn....Simon ghost Reilly.

Day went great, we narrowly lost 3 games then absolutly destroyed the other team in a CQB game. Lots of great play by both sides. Lost a pistol mag but got it back at the end of the day after someone handed it in.  And once again the WE based L119 GBBR didn't miss a beat all day 😁 

• Supporters

Inspiring stuff.  The couple of filmsims that I've managed to get to have been far more involving and enjoyable than a typical skirmish day, even if they involve less shooting.

Granted, they are a lot more work for the organisers compared to the usual day of "Reds... no, blues.... wait, who attacked last time?"

Yesterday we decided to switch things up a little bit:

We set up a tournament-like day, so each game had an objective to accomplish (on top of eliminating the defenders), time was set at 10 minutes per game which made things incredibly difficult, so hard that out of 9 games played in this "mode", we only managed to secure the objective once :D

Nonetheless it was a super fun day, hit calling wasn't the best but it's the usual suspects so we already know how to deal with them (aim for da face, KM style) and the kids enjoyed it so much :D

As far as kit goes, I ran my standard "oh shit I forgot to pack the bag" kit, which is my pentagon flatpack clone + rigged 1 point sling, King Arms PDW with drum mag, random camo I found (this time a-tacs fg bottoms and m81 top), many light, much wow.

Edited by Skara

On 11/10/2021 at 01:53, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

So… 

The night before we were due to leave for Namsoft  I suddenly find myself voiceless and shivering, running a temperature.   A good night’s sleep and I am just fit enough to drive by nearly midnight the following day.  Not the best of starts, but there we go.  The van was packed, the tickets bought and the Covid test passed A-OK.  Set up camp at about 2:30am as quietly as possible after nearly three hour drive.

Decent safety brief; comprehensive despite almost every player being something of an old hand at the game.  For the few that were new, nothing was omitted or rushed.

Game started with clear objectives and well defined fire teams to carry them out.  The basic premise of the game is the film Southern Comfort.  This was about a group of national guardsmen on a training exercise in the Louisiana swamps that fall foul of a group of Cajun’s who believe that they have been fired upon.  Good film, great theme for a game. 

The action started with some LARPY shit, role playing as F.B.I., local Sheriffs, Cajuns and Guardsman.  Plenty of banter and an increasingly tense atmosphere as everyone anticipates the start of the fighting.  Someone slots a sheriff and a several way firefight starts.  The various groups pull out and regroup to decide how to achieve their objectives in a newly hostile environment. 

Playing as a Cajun, I accompany the small four man group to retrieve an ammo crate, having first to find the cash box to have the necessary funds.  This goes surprisingly easy, as we find the sheriffs have arrested a fellow Cajun, and due to the presence of the hated ‘Feds, we surround them and demand his release.  This achieved, he reveals that he is our contact as we lead him away.  A good start.

Crates retrieved, we proceed to hunt the US troops.  Eversley Alpha is one hell of a site.  There is a pile of rhododendrons, dense marsh and thick cover.  With only about 35 players, we restricted the action down to easily identified areas and soon had the US in sight.  They were oblivious to our presence, which is just how it should be.  A short and murderous firefight followed, with excellent sportspersonship.  I say sportsperson as that rare beast, the airsoft female was present in some numbers (OK about four, but it’s a start.)

The swamp dwelling set victorious we carried on hunting the sheriffs in order to attack the F.B.I. contingent that accompanied them.  All great fun. 

At some point I reverted to true character and lone wolfed for the rest of the weekend.  I harassed and harried the opposition at every opportunity, sniping with the M14.  The ML hop set up lofts .3s with ease, whilst over hopping .28s madly.  I get some great shots at range, bopping GIs through sanger observation slits and picking off squads at long range.

At some point I end up stalking at close range, and keep a whole section pinned down by firing from some rhododendrons at fifteen yards range.  I feel guilty when one chap walks over, thinking that he has spotted me at range, and I shoot him at about two feet.  One skinned knuckle and an apology at endex followed.  Not that said chap was aggrieved.  Admiration for   crafty concealment far outshone the odd flesh wound. 

I lost the exact set up after this and concentrated on harrying any opposition that I saw.  An attack of the enemy base I learned of via my radio; and this was joined with enthusiasm.  Following on from my highly successful solo escapades, this was bound to end in disaster and I was captured.  The closeness of the enemy’s respawn allowed them to swarm us before we could change position.  Not being fools, this was exploited in full by the enemy.

The game progressed in similar fashion for hours, neither of the sides having a complete upper hand all day.  The site was amazing as ever.  The gameplay is excellent.  The scenario is brilliant and easily learned. 

The cherry on the cake as it were, came at the close of the day.  Number one son had bought his girlfriend, assuming that the usual round of shopping and cafes would be indulged in as the players played.  Unfortunately, no other female company arrived, and so as cash free and in totally unexpected twist, a hostage appeared.  By the end of the weekend we had one really excited young lady, hell bent on playing air soft at the earliest opportunity.  That to me is a result.  Good on the organiser for giving a second (personal) detailed safety brief, and for changing the storyline so that everybody had a good game.   

Sunday dawned far too early, the night centring on Cuban cigars and single malts.   I dragged a reluctant arse out of bed and lone wolfed the US soldiers again.  I worked my way into the middle of the enemy position and let fly with the M14, many players moaning at ‘friendly fire.’  Ho, ho, ho.

Overall, given the price, plus cost of diesel, this was not cheap.  However, you only live once, and the fun factor was off the scale.

I still feel ultra shit re: congested chest, lack of energy, lack of strength, BUT the buzz from the game has stayed for hours later.  The social and in game play was simply spot on and I will attend next year, yet again. 

If anyone fancies a spot of redneck carnage and or Vietnam style airsoft action, send me a PM. 

Sounds like a great weekend, i also really enjoyed what i saw of the Alpha site. 

Fantastic that airsoft has another fan through positive engagement. 

Had an absolute top day at Longmoor on Sunday with the boys. It was great to get back to such a fun site, and we managed to get in some sneaky woodland ambushes and building to building fighting. 

We did feel by mid afternoon that the opposing team were starting to throw the towel in a bit, which was odd because we were fairly outnumbered and I had assumed we would be the ones to get steam rolled 😂

It was the first time two of the guys on my team were having to use mid caps but I think it’s fair to say they enjoyed it!

I wrote a little about my recent outing to Anzio Camp (with photos) and a little problem I had with my beloved PDR-C:

https://playairsoft.uk/blog/the-disaster-that-turned-into-the-most-fun-one-could-have-with-a-pistol

I wonder what you guys think about this type of content (“Battle Stories”), would you like to continue reading stuff like this, or is it not your cup of tea? Let me know!

1 hour ago, shadowfacex said:

I wrote a little about my recent outing to Anzio Camp (with photos) and a little problem I had with my beloved PDR-C:

https://playairsoft.uk/blog/the-disaster-that-turned-into-the-most-fun-one-could-have-with-a-pistol

I wonder what you guys think about this type of content (“Battle Stories”), would you like to continue reading stuff like this, or is it not your cup of tea? Let me know!

A great read, I could hardly pull away! Really enjoyed the pictures you added to the post as well, I'll definitely be stalking that website now 👀

3 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

It works for me 🙂

On 04/10/2021 at 09:06, NeatBeard said:

Got to try out my new AK at Battle Stations Activity Centre, Thetford on Sunday afternoon and was gutted when I was told it was running a bit hot after chrono 😢.  They advised to speak to their gun tech and he said that I could play as long as I wasn't a dick with it as it wasn't over chrono by much and that it needed to get a few mags through it to bed in. Really happy with how it shot and arrow straight with the iron sites too, well happy. Pity that there were a few folks spoiling the games by not taking their hits though, having said that the marshals dealt with them and we had a great day. Although my son did want to mag dump on one of the dudes for not taking his hits! 😃

Non hit taking spoils so many games and leaves a bad taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's game, everyone was calling hits, no overkills, generally people were there to enjoy the game and no shot guns.

The previous week was a mixed bag of issues, people not respawinging after being hit, not calling hits, head shots despite centre mass being the bigger target, I am not bothered by head shots, had one this week, got a bleed from it, it wasn't intentional unlike the previous week when I had been hit in the head then a few seconds later, again with three more despite signalling and calling my hit. Overkill.

So this weeks game was like a breath of fresh air.

Today was....okay I guess.

Had to lend my M4 to one of the kids because his motor committed sudoku so I ended up using the pdw, we also had three new people.

Games were a bit slow and it seems that most people forgot how to play (direct assaults instead of flanking, communications and team play in general), but overall it was a nice day.

Next Sunday hopefully my sniper kit will be somewhat ready.

First game back after a knee reconstruction and also my first game of 2021, felt good to be out and about again.

An open day at anzio with first and only. Good day, nicely run; some slight longer breaks for the less fit, and from what I saw some solid marshaling (taking no bull and following up on the site rules and even ejecting where needed).

Was a good day, some great objectives to play, some excellent team play with mot of my friends now on radios, and I always love being able to play the whole site. My rifle is performing nicely, just needs to be made a touch more accurate. New pistol was pretty disappointing, even after I thought it was lifting bbs. probably just needs a new rubber though, so there's still hope. 

Also got shot in the ol' jewels, so that's one off the bucket list I hope to never repeat. 

2 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Was a good day, some great objectives to play, some excellent team play with mot of my friends now on radios, and I always love being able to play the whole site. My rifle is performing nicely, just needs to be made a touch more accurate. New pistol was pretty disappointing, even after I thought it was lifting bbs. probably just needs a new rubber though, so there's still hope. 

Also got shot in the ol' jewels, so that's one off the bucket list I hope to never repeat. 

It was a great day for sure. I really enjoyed it too, despite being on the losing team and even though I basically just held two positions through the whole day. I was covering a flanking route through the whole morning (path by the field that heads to Paradise) and then covering another flanking route for the whole afternoon after lunch (ferns on the border of dark woods, near to #8 tree). I wasn't really feeling the VSR though, so next game day I'll be bringing the m21 along again. MED comes up way too often and I'm rarely making those 70m+ shots that my VSR can do with its 2.3J with ease that my m21 struggles to with it's 1.1J.

Were you on yellow team? Yellow team definitely turned up and definitely deserved the win; they played hard and played as a team. Blue team just didn't show up as much. The team Beans group and the Defiant group were propping the team up, but there was only so much we could do :P 

That all said, I actually really enjoy being on the losing team, as long as it isn't a complete stompest.

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

Were you on yellow team? Yellow team definitely turned up and definitely deserved the win; they played hard and played as a team.

I was, with my perfectly concealed flamingo shirt! There was some great yellow ad hoc squads pushing flanks and bases all day. Some wonderfully aggressive play from everyone it felt like. We somehow got wonky watch and all the barrels out in about 15-20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I was covering a flanking route through the whole morning (path by the field that heads to Paradise)

My friend definitely found that out, lol. 

MVP 100% goes to whoever dropped that training smoke on sandbag in the final minutes. Gave us the cover needed to get sandbag and diffuse the bomb. 

Edited by Badgerlicious