The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

One of the reasons I'm sad about combat south closing is their less common DMR rules. 400fps, semi only and no med. Since that's basically how I play with a regular AEG anyway I figured I'd build a DMR to make the most of their rules but they closed before I could finish it 😭

Thought I'd chip in:

I had my first game since October at the start of June with an evening game at South Coast CQB. I think this might my favourite site and the closest I've got to a "regular". Venue aside (it should really be called South Coast Urban or something) it really has got a nice atmosphere to it, the sportsmanship from the players was 10/10 and small things like free bottled water go a long way. I shot lots of bb's, even hit a few people and had a tough time getting to sleep afterwards such was the buzz.

Me and a fellow forumite then visited Apocalypse Airsoft for my first "milsim". First things first: despite being a 50hr+ event it ended after "only" 36 hours as people on the (other!) team got a bit tired/fed up. Our attempt at LARPing as afghan villagers was totally silly and very fun but unfortunately the other team didn't really play ball. And then complained about how it was more of a "skirmish" than a milsim. sometimes you can't win. I try to have the attitude of a good day/ weekend first, a good skirmish/"milsim" second, and it was certainly a good weekend. I managed to rack up 22hrs of straight airsoft and the night time bit was super fun. I put "milsim" in quotes cause I think it can mean everything, but also, at the same time, nothing. But the night time bit really did remind me of my (very, very limited experience of) night time exercises in a good way, even though if I was to write down what went down you might think "that doesn't sound very fun". I suppose you had to be there. I can't help but feel a little bit cheated by the premature ending of the event as I had taken the monday off work to recover. I don't want a refund, but I would like the site to black list the lightweights (sorry!) at least from long events - but that ain't gonna happen! Or maybe just do 24h events as there is no prizes for hosting the longest airsoft event or anything.

A month or so later we went up north to Brit Tac's "13 hours" battlesim(??) at Camp Sparta. I think this was the best day of airsoft I had ever had, ever. The numbers on our team were quite low oweing to football drop outs, but I think this was for the best as the 20 or so of us were divided into 3 teams and it all felt quite "tight" with lots of communication and coordinating. I could go on and on about how fun this was. On the downside, I did manage to hurt my ears (lesson learnt about hearing protection) and it took over 2 weeks for them to stop hurting. Edit: I've heard people complain about smoke inside buildings at camp sparta. Personally I thought it was awesome! At one stage i couldn't see my hand in front of me such was the darkness and smog... its a novelty.

Finally, I got down to Echelon in Gravesend for their first public game, was umming and ahhin'g about that specific date till i saw there was only one ticket left, so i felt I kinda had to! Very good fun, and i'm very grateful to have some cqb relatively accessible from London - though the turnaround for evening games needs to be much much quicker imo, and just for the sake of expectation management, whilst its very cool playing in a former debenhams, i'm not sure its necessarily a "destination" site in the same way one of the UCAP jails, or The Gaol, or Camp Sparta or SCCQB are. This might sound more negative than I intend, perhaps I've been spoilt a bit with sccqb and camp sparta within a few weeks of each other. I bought some hearing protection with me after last time, and as sods law dictates...there was hardly any bangs. I'm sure people will get more bang happy as they learn the site a bit more though!

Next up is my first game with Stirling Airsoft at "the trees" so I'm looking forward to that.

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

• Supporters
On 07/06/2021 at 20:50, Druid799 said:

After taking a day to cool down I can safely say Sunday was the worst airsofting experience I have ever had in over 20yrs of playing .

arrived on site as per usual start getting ready to rock , get out nice and early have the usual warm up game goes well .

Second game of the day playing far end of the site so I drop down the bottom and start flanking the blues to be told “no can’t go there that fields out of bounds” I think fair enough trying to keep it tight so more intense ? No reason was the NEXT field over from that one had a group of under 10’s having a paintball party ! Next game we turn that game around to THEN be told one of the top fields that has a crashed wooden blackhawk in it was now out of bounds instead for the same reason ! 
next game the first field is out of bounds again because there were adults paintballing in that field and a party of about 20 chavs that had booked a 2hr session of airsofting where dropped right in the middle of us lot so the whole thing totally went to ratshit because they where running around shooting everyone immaterial of which team they where on , not taking there hits and generally having a wonderful time ! Spoke to a marshal and his reply ? “There only here for 2hrs so boss said let them do what ever they want “ ! 
next game yet another field was closed due to kids having a paintball party , oh and at one point one of the only two marshals watching all these kids brings them in to the safezone where all us airsofters where (which totally contradicts child safeguarding) to clean there masks and while all these crotch goblins are milling around I even catch one trying to pick up my full stock full metal ways a ton AK74 ! 
Next game no problems sites ours again great . After this it’s lunch time , during lunch we notice a LOT of adults and children turning up and we find out we’re going to loose about 35% of the site to other activities so a group of the regulars are sat out side discussing what’s happening we all decide united front and speak to management was told someone would be over , no one turned up . Found the owners wife she said she was so busy but she ‘would try’ to speak to us , AND of course she didn’t ! Saw Her husband (other owner)tried speaking to him but he ignored me , told A senior marshal we wanted to speak to him urgently , I saw him tell him but all the owner did was shrug his shoulders and walk off in the opasite direction !

We all went inside to find him and we did , he was flitting around ‘doing stuff’ and blatantly ignoring us ! He finally went in to the office bit and starts going through the wavers from the morning we ask him “are you going to speak to us ?” He carries on going through the papers . Someone said “are you going to speak to us or just ignore us ?” and that’s just what he did he ignored us ! Someone then says “so your just going to ignore paying customers are you ?” At this point he just turns around and walked off without even acknowledging us ! He actually walked off ignoring us ! Un fucking believable .

so by now all to a man we where absolutely bouncing so we decided again united front all leave and tell them why as we are leaving . We all pack up and as we’re leaving we spot the wife again so put our grievances to her telling her politely how disgusting it is there running other events on the same day the bi-monthly airsoft gameday is run and closing off sections of the site for these other activities but still charging us full price , she gives a half arsed apology I said “so what your saying is making money is more important than customer satisfaction ?” Her reply ? “Yes the money is more important because we lost so much last year and if we don’t make enough money now we’d have to close the site !” Oh and when asked about her husband ignoring paying customers politely asking him to answer our grievances her reply ? “Oh he doesn’t like being questioned on his business decisions and he will go quiet and not answer you !” As we are walking to our cars we spot him in one of the biggest fields leading a group of teens on quad bikes around it ! and cherry on top of this whole fiasco I later found out last game day they where running the air rifle range AND clay pigeon shooting at the same time as airsofting on site ! 
So all I can really say on it now is I and at least 10 other players will never be going back to BLACK OPS CRIBBS BRISTOL . And it’s been my ‘home site’ (I call it my home site even though I live in Swansea and drive 1.5hrs to get there) for over 7yrs as a result of the horrendous customer service given to us . 

And that particular day just keeps on giving , just tried to book on at there portishead site to be informed I’m banned from all there sites , didn’t like the fact I dared to complain and call them out on there terrible customer service .

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And that particular day just keeps on giving , just tried to book on at there portishead site to be informed I’m banned from all there sites , didn’t like the fact I dared to complain and call them out on there terrible customer service .

I guess children aren't allowed to own Airsoft guns but apparently they can run multiple sites. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I guess children aren't allowed to own Airsoft guns but apparently they can run multiple sites. 

Would appear so , just been speaking to a former marshal there and he said , you can overkill , ignore  MED’s or any of the other safety rules as much as you want and all you’ll get is a game sit out or a go home early but dare to question the owners business ethics and your out on your arse for good ! 
as I have now discovered ! 🤦‍♂️😆😆😆

• Supporters
3 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

despite being a 50hr+ event it ended after "only" 36 hours as people on the (other!) team got a bit tired/fed up

I'm always surprised if we still have a mostly full site at 4pm on a Sunday.  It's one reason why I've put off going to a mil/film-sim because I'd expect it to dribble to a denuded end, or to see mass packing-in the moment the rain starts.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

just tried to book on at there portishead site to be informed I’m banned from all there sites , didn’t like the fact I dared to complain and call them out on there terrible customer service

I do feel compelled to wonder why you'd want to go back to a site run by a nobber.

Well, now you know he's a petulant nobber as well, so that's another reason to find somewhere, anywhere, else to play. ;) 

• Supporters

Would appear so , just been speaking to a former marshal there and he said , you can overkill , ignore  MED’s or any of the other safety rules as much as you want and all you’ll get is a game sit out or a go home early but dare to question the owners business ethics and your out on your arse for good ! 
as I have now discovered ! 🤦‍♂️😆😆😆

TBH probably done you a favour, you'll only go & get the hump again, clearly it's not a firm to waste any more time & money on, irrespective of your ban you naughty boy🤣

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I do feel compelled to wonder why you'd want to go back to a site run by a nobber.

Well, now you know he's a petulant nobber as well, so that's another reason to find somewhere, anywhere, else to play. ;) 

The portishead site is a lot smaller than the main site and neither he or any of his cronies ever go there , and it’s run really well by the small team that’s always there . Hence not a problem for me .

• Supporters

The portishead site is a lot smaller than the main site and neither he or any of his cronies ever go there , and it’s run really well by the small team that’s always there . Hence not a problem for me .

Then can you talk to them directly about playing there?  Who knows, maybe it'll spark some insurrection among the downtrodden masses.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Walk on & pay on the day ?, Or book in another name etc ?, If the main dickheads don't show their faces, assumedly they'll never know ?, & If the Portishead crew are a decent bunch, can't see them making a fuss.

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Walk on & pay on the day ?, Or book in another name etc ?, If the main dickheads don't show their faces, assumedly they'll never know ?, & If the Portishead crew are a decent bunch, can't see them making a fuss.

I wish I could but it’s all booked on through the main site via registered emails , no turn up pay and play allowed mores the pity otherwise that’s what I’d do . 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I wish I could but it’s all booked on through the main site via registered emails , no turn up pay and play allowed mores the pity otherwise that’s what I’d do . 

Set up another email & PayPal account in a different name ?(maybe use middle names etc, your lot usually have half a dozen 😜), Scammers seem to be able to do it all the time with no repercussions ?, It's not like your planning anything illegal.

Well, it was inevitable 

We had to ban a player last weekend

A fresh face and had been out regularly for the last 3 weeks. 
A chap who can’t handle the adrenaline that gets through his veins. Visit number two for him and he was told to slow down & calm down, over aggressive play and blind firing with his AA-12

later that day, he full auto rinsed me in the face from about 10 meters, again blind firing, another warning was issued.
Second from last game of the day that day and his adrenaline was obviously off the chart, he was over shooting a player and couldn’t hear the “HIT” shout from his target over the full auto noise of his AA-12, so a Marshall had to get his attention by shooting him in the ass full auto to get him to take his finger off the trigger!

Eventually last weekend, again the AA-12 was out in full spaz mode, and he ignored 3 test shots from a marshal whilst he was 5 meters away from the site owner/operator 

A 4 week ban was handed out

IF , if he comes back and does it again, it’ll be permanent. 

I have never seen anyone banned before , nor continue to be a knob even after a warning.

He said the decision to ban him was ridiculous, and that he would be taking his group of mates away with him.

They stayed until the end of the day 😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters

Good, I'd like to see a lot more of this happening. I mean, I wish it didn't have to, but when it does, site owners should mean everything that they say regarding rules and consequences.

We can all make mistakes, and get a bit of red mist on at times. But there are a very small number of excitable spunktrumpets who are incapable of or unwilling to play by the same rules and with the same good humour and restraint as everyone else, and ultimately the only way to deal with them is to make them some other hobby's problem.

On 05/08/2021 at 12:39, Rogerborg said:

But there are a very small number of excitable spunktrumpets who are incapable of or unwilling to play by the same rules and with the same good humour and restraint as everyone else, and ultimately the only way to deal with them is to make them some other hobby's problem.

These are the same people who play rugby just so they can make big hits and/or fight people. Or play Sunday league to two foot players.

Anyway, my airsoft day… didn’t. DMR is still in a queue to get fixed after eating the mosfet, so I got my M249 out the cupboard. That then locked up during my test fire meaning I need to take it down to unlock it. I took that as a sign and moved it to next week.

The most annoying bit is this would be the game to get my UKARA reactivated and I have a TAC41 waiting for me at Firesupport. 

I had a surprise airsoft day today at a totally new site. Was literally their first game and the first time I've gone to a site (in the UK) that isn't Worthing! 😮

I was down at S.W.A near Hailsham and it was grand. No site knowledge meant I really had to play carefully, and the wind and torrential rain weren't helping me with my bolt action VSR (the number of shots I watched whizz off to the side...). It was a pretty one-sided day though, since our team was playing aggressive and I think a lot of the other people on site were new, while our team had a coordinated team, with some ex-forces guys, making up the core of it. My highlights for the day were:

• An enemy sniper running up to take cover behind the tree I was sitting in front of without noticing me sitting in front of it with my russian leafy hood thing up. I turned with the mk23 and he tried to say "bang" while his hand wasn't even on the trigger of his rifle (was carrying it at the front of the stock) and there were no bang rule on site, as said in the safety brief. Plus, MED is a thing, so I just shot with the mk23. I'd have been slightly (not much) more inclined to take the bang kill anyway if it wasn't clear he was initially oblivious to my presence.
  • A "mom, get the camera!" moment where a large squad of 8 managed to flank around our team to the objective. I waited for them to get in positions where I could shoot them and just started picking them off. With how quiet the HPA VSR is, none of them knew where the shots were coming from and I took out 6 of them before some of our team's respawns came in and mopped up the rest. Spent the rest of that game behind various tree stumps in the middle of the field and I think I got something like 15 kills in that game since they never pinpointed me, but kept moving past me so I could shoot them in the side and back, which never happens with a boltie! I'm usually lucky to get 5 kills in a game!
  • Hitting someone in the helmet with the VSR (2.3J on .48s!), the satisfying "dink", the recoil of the head from the impact and... then him not taking the hit. 🤣

The only downside of the day was... me being on a keto diet and the lunch they served was bangers, mash and beans. I watched enviously as my team mates devoured their mashed potatos and beans while I was munching on my sausages 😭

On the whole, I really enjoyed the change of scenery. The site has some teething issues, which I'd expect from a first ever game, but I think with more time and more skirmish weekends it could end up being a fantastic site.

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

I had a surprise airsoft day today at a totally new site. Was literally their first game and the first time I've gone to a site (in the UK) that isn't Worthing! 😮

I was down at S.W.A near Hailsham and it was grand. No site knowledge meant I really had to play carefully, and the wind and torrential rain weren't helping me with my bolt action VSR (the number of shots I watched whizz off to the side...). It was a pretty one-sided day though, since our team was playing aggressive and I think a lot of the other people on site were new, while our team had a coordinated team, with some ex-forces guys, making up the core of it. My highlights for the day were:

• An enemy sniper running up to take cover behind the tree I was sitting in front of without noticing me sitting in front of it with my russian leafy hood thing up. I turned with the mk23 and he tried to say "bang" while his hand wasn't even on the trigger of his rifle (was carrying it at the front of the stock) and there were no bang rule on site, as said in the safety brief. Plus, MED is a thing, so I just shot with the mk23. I'd have been slightly (not much) more inclined to take the bang kill anyway if it wasn't clear he was initially oblivious to my presence.
  • A "mom, get the camera!" moment where a large squad of 8 managed to flank around our team to the objective. I waited for them to get in positions where I could shoot them and just started picking them off. With how quiet the HPA VSR is, none of them knew where the shots were coming from and I took out 6 of them before some of our team's respawns came in and mopped up the rest. Spent the rest of that game behind various tree stumps in the middle of the field and I think I got something like 15 kills in that game since they never pinpointed me, but kept moving past me so I could shoot them in the side and back, which never happens with a boltie! I'm usually lucky to get 5 kills in a game!
  • Hitting someone in the helmet with the VSR (2.3J on .48s!), the satisfying "dink", the recoil of the head from the impact and... then him not taking the hit. 🤣

The only downside of the day was... me being on a keto diet and the lunch they served was bangers, mash and beans. I watched enviously as my team mates devoured their mashed potatos and beans while I was munching on my sausages 😭

On the whole, I really enjoyed the change of scenery. The site has some teething issues, which I'd expect from a first ever game, but I think with more time and more skirmish weekends it could end up being a fantastic site.

Well done sounds like a great day 👍

• Supporters
22 hours ago, rj1986 said:

These are the same [spunktrumpets] who play rugby just so they can make big hits and/or fight people. Or play Sunday league to two foot players.

Prompted by the tabletop gaming thread, there are even people who throw a tantrum when a dice roll goes wrong while they're playing with model soldiers.

One notable contrast is with steel weapon combat sports (reenactment, HEMA) where it's very quickly and absolutely unambiguous who's able to keep their head, and who's inclined to go full spinny-choppy as soon as the adrenaline kicks in.

Soaked. Soaked to fuck. Removed my gloves for one game because they were soaked, got both middle and ring finger shot which are now bruised and swollen in a nice purple colour. Goggles fogged up to fuck all day. People left one by one because of the weather. When it ended, walked for 30 min in torrential rain with no cover and sat on the bus for an hour with all my stuff laid out everywhere on the top floor.

Still was a decent day though.

Dedication.👍

Gotta have the rough with the smooth.lol

I think it was 2017 at the nae and on the Sunday game the heavens opened. I had wet gear on but it came through every opening. When I took mags out water and bbs came out lol.

We stuck it out until three and looked at each other and said "this is fucking crazy" to be honest I though I was gonna get electrocuted every time I fired up the badger! 🌧🌩

Regards 

In a word crap!

My two sons and I were really excited to play at Combat Thetford again after the amazing day we had had earlier in the year.

Kit all prepped, all magazines loaded (oh my god how many mags 😉 and we traveled the 1hr 15 mins to get there for 09:00 knowing with everything prepared in advance we would have plenty of time for chrono etc etc.

Sadly at chrone, unbeknown to me or my sons they had in the last month decided to enforce the bio bb rule and were asking to see proof of the bottles before chrono. I didn't see anything on the website or on the ticket info when booking to highlight that this was now being enforced.

we were now panicking and feeling on the back foot immediately.

That threw all 3 of us in to a panic and cost us about £100 in bio bb's from their shop for all our weapons.

All mags unloaded and reloaded in the tent and off we go again to chrono.

• ASG CZ p-09 using c02 (I don't have green gas mags at all) for the first time in 12 months of skirmishes is showing as hot and can't be used.
  • The sniper rifle is flinging 0.43g bb's all over the place and won't show a consistent FPS when it had been fine 2 weeks before (after stripping it down last night I found lube in the bucking so at least I now know why 😞
  • MP7 and predator are fine but I don't have a load out configured to be able to carry and use them together and they are probably too similar to make it worth it other than just the pure fun of the  TM MP7.
  • Then it transpires that the forestry commission has forced them to use a different part of the forest so all the areas we played in before, including the amazing and massive village, are not available.
  • The woodland is massively overgrown with 3/4foot plus bracken so anything not a sniper or DMR is massively disadvantaged.
  • My eldest sons lmg is playing up and just stops when the batteries seem to still have lots of life left in them:
  • By 12:00 my youngest has had enough of the games and terrain and gives his predator to my eldest and stops playing.
  • By lunch time we have all had enough. Have some lunch, pack up and set off back home again.

We are all very disappointed that the change of playing area and the enforcing of bio bb's was not shouted from the highest rooftops and like many others apparently, were not made aware until we turned up.

It will take an awful lot for us to return here again now.

Edited by Panama
typo

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that, but are you saying that you weren't loaded with bio BBs at a site that you knew was bio only, but which hadn't been checking up to now?

Personally I always make sure that I can show a bottle or bag marked "bio", for what that's worth. 

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Sorry to hear that, but are you saying that you weren't loaded with bio BBs at a site that you knew was bio only, but which hadn't been checking up to now?

Personally I always make sure that I can show a bottle or bag marked "bio", for what that's worth. 

No, apparently they were a bio site but up until the last month never enforced it so allowed non-bio (normal) bb's as well. Where as now they are strictly enforcing it but didn't shout about it as loud as they could have done before people turned up on the day.

Edited by Panama

54 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles Panama.

We do have off days sometimes where everything seems to go wrong 😖

lol that is true and in fairness it's been a while since the last one 😉