The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Interesting day for me Saturday.

Got back into airsofting recently and really been enjoying it.  This weekend I went to a different site as my regular only does alternate weeks.

Mid morning game I see my Umarex h8r on the floor and realise my holster has come unbolted from it's belt retention, so am now carrying it.  Push back game, on the last point so I set it down at the foot of a tree about 6ft from me.  I get hit out a few mins later and realise it has gone, from right next to me.  Clearly someone has picked it up thinking it has dropped off (had half a holster hanging off it) and handed it in.  But nothing, I asked the marshalls to ask for it at the next briefing, they didn't.  Asked again, and they didn't.  In the end I had to shout up myself.  Nothing.  I explained to them clearly that someone has knicked it and they simply said I shouldn't leave things on the floor.

So that combined with some fairly confusing game modes and boat loads of people "live" firing in the safe zone with no eye pro on has resulted in some shit tinted glasses for airsoft at the moment.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on this, has anyone else had anything swiped?  I have always thought it normal to leave guns propped up etc. but now clearly that is not the right thing to do!

4 minutes ago, loctez said:

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on this, has anyone else had anything swiped?  I have always thought it normal to leave guns propped up etc. but now clearly that is not the right thing to do!

I often see and also myself, leave things against trees or behind cover.  Sucks that someone would do that.

45 minutes ago, loctez said:

I almost got my (old) radio nicked a couple of years ago.

Had it in its pouch, unbuckled, so at one point it fell out on the main path.

After the game, a teammate found it and asked who the owner was, this woman from another club claimed it was hers (legit Karen levels of yelling), luckily though it had "17" written on it, which was done by the previous owner and I got it back.

Quite hilarious as this woman was very upset and kept arguing it was hers, but nobody saw her with a radio that day.

Some people are just disgusting.

Guest Mr. No_Face
55 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

I often see and also myself, leave things against trees or behind cover.  Sucks that someone would do that.

That fucking sucks dude. But that's even more reason to accessorize and make sure you can always carry your gear. I wear a charger pack attached to my plate carrier as well as a secondary "rear pack" attached to my battle belt so if my holster is rendered useless my secondary is going straight into my rear pouch.

1717422409_REARPOUCH.png.8ed13abaa0caa0fa8c990d7c25149ae5.png

I also would've run everyone's pockets I possibly could until I found it. Airsoft is too much of an expensive hobby to allow shit like that to fly.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, loctez said:

But nothing, I asked the marshalls to ask for it at the next briefing, they didn't.  Asked again, and they didn't.  In the end I had to shout up myself.  Nothing.  I explained to them clearly that someone has knicked it and they simply said I shouldn't leave things on the floor. [...] boat loads of people "live" firing in the safe zone with no eye pro on

Well, that's a giant bag of dicks, and no mistake.  What an appalling attitude.  What site should we be avoiding?

• Supporters

Was at longmoor & someone had a rifle nicked (allegedly ?), The day overall was shit but I will commend the organisers for stopping the GamePlay & organising a search of the area & vehicles attending, thoroughly conducted by some plod players.

Nothing found unfortunately & later the loss was considered "questionable", due to the past antics of the "victim", but I know I'd want the same effort made if my kit went walkabout.

@loctez, what site were you playing at ?

EDIT: Reading this back I realise it looks as if I'm talking about a recent game, it's not, it was years ago but the post about kit being nicked makes it a relevant experience I thought I'd share.

Edited by Tackle

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

Yeah, quite often seen people prop a rifle against a tree and move in with a pistol for example. 

As regards thievery, one example comes to mind.  A friend was showing off some kit in the boot of his car and another party saw fit to pilfer a midcap. Dropped it into his dump pouch and sauntered off. Said friend went to have have a word with the lads running the site.

The guy with the nimble fingers left the site early at lunch.  Peculiar thing over a MAG AK midcap.  

• Supporters
3 hours ago, loctez said:

not personally (discounting the pilfering of kit by squadmates done in the name of humour and always returned), however i have heard of stuff getting pinched, including a double barreled 1911.....

its surprising to me it doesn't happen more often given people just leaving their kit strewn out across the safe sone, rifles, pistols etc. personally if it's not on me it stays locked in the boot of the car.

i do recall one day stumbling across a gas vector mag just lying inside a building, normally i would ignore such things but in that instance i figured "if i pick it up at least i know a theiving bugger hasn't", you've never seen such a look of relief when it was re-united with its owner.

Traveled to Oakham to visit The Gaol.

Was fast paced CQB with the least amount of moaning I've experienced at any day of airsofting. Extremely enjoyable. The venue is great with it being a disused prison. Plenty of buildings to navigate through, some light, some pitch black (or close to). Outdoor areas were interesting with just the right amount of cover in each area.

The owner of the site is what I believe made it so great. He switched up windows that were open, access around the site and through buildings in-between all games. Kept you thinking throughout to prevent yourself being shot in the arse and thinking about how you can be sneaky-sneaky. 

Looking forward to going again in the future. If anyone is around the East Midlands area, I would highly advise doing so. I believe they used to operate with around 100 attendees per game day, however they restricted number due to covid and have decided to keep it that way permanently even if they cannot afford to do so (the words from the owner himself).

On 26/07/2021 at 10:33, Mr. No_Face said:

That fucking sucks dude. But that's even more reason to accessorize and make sure you can always carry your gear. I wear a charger pack attached to my plate carrier as well as a secondary "rear pack" attached to my battle belt so if my holster is rendered useless my secondary is going straight into my rear pouch.

1717422409_REARPOUCH.png.8ed13abaa0caa0fa8c990d7c25149ae5.png

I also would've run everyone's pockets I possibly could until I found it. Airsoft is too much of an expensive hobby to allow shit like that to fly.

Where did you get that pack? I tried looking it up but all the results where portable chargers. 

I played Zmart on saturday and I had a amazing game day. I dont know what clicked (maybe I was missing my proper cqb) but I was on fire. Playing pretty aggressively, as in pushing forward, always moving and shooting and changing positions, taking ground and generally being a nuisance :D  I was picked as a rogue VIP (for those that remember those games at The Mall) and was holding both teams off from different directions for ages. One of the players thought there was a squad in the area I was as I kept moving so much haha.

One of the games I must have been 30+ kills for 1 death and all I was using was a pistol too.

I can honestly say it was probably one of my best days of gameplay. Cannot wait to get back there

One man bloody army! Lol

Well done👍

Regards 

Guest Mr. No_Face
19 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Where did you get that pack? I tried looking it up but all the results where portable chargers. 

I wear a viper buckle up charger, back pack. The pack is large enough to fit smgs and even some mid sizedAEGS.

https://www.tactical-clothing.co.uk/gun-bags-cases-back-packs-c225/viper-tactical-vx-buckle-up-charger-pack-green-p9874/s11994?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=viper-tactical-vx-buckle-up-charger-pack-green-vbvxbuchagrn&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D83dibubcxPnT667pxUV35XE8SmD4Nv_bcD60GNsUmBL4tJrcnaWlAaAiWrEALw_wcB

Or if you're referring to my rear pack; then it's snugpak - response pack.

https://www.outdoorgb.com/p/snugpak_response_pak_bag/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=GBR&currency=GBP&country=GBR&SelectedBundle=153418&SelectedItem=549959&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D-W0HBkH9Wb3PmSWYLn4GaBI9htxmgwDnWmAnq7UgK9nM8KT776VJ8aAptvEALw_wcB

Both items can be mollied to either your plate carrier or tac-belt.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

On 27/07/2021 at 16:48, Shamal said:

One man bloody army! Lol

Well done👍

Regards 

It felt like it, one of my rare played my arse off days. 

I have missed proper CQB.

I was supposed to play tonight, but thank God we didn't have enough people :D

Anyway, we managed to play two night games, last Friday and Wednesday, pretty challenging as seeing stuff is impossible and using a torch is a death sentence.

night games in the woods are 99% reliant on noise, so gameplay was a bit stagnant, but fun nonetheless.

Note to self: mk23 as a primary next time and LAM upgrades.

7 minutes ago, Skara said:

I was supposed to play tonight, but thank God we didn't have enough people :D

Anyway, we managed to play two night games, last Friday and Wednesday, pretty challenging as seeing stuff is impossible and using a torch is a death sentence.

night games in the woods are 99% reliant on noise, so gameplay was a bit stagnant, but fun nonetheless.

Note to self: mk23 as a primary next time and LAM upgrades.

bring a bag of small torches that you dont care what happens to. plant them in an area around an objective you hold and leave yourself shadows not near them. throw them at allys you need to see down etc... yup turning them on shows where you are but if you set them down they may think you are behind them. had great fun doing this before and confusing the enemy... @i shot you a hundred times. no you shot a torch i sat sdown and walked away from around the building to shoot you in the back lol. works better if flashes too...

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, remus said:

bring a bag of small torches that you dont care what happens to. plant them in an area around an objective you hold and leave yourself shadows not near them. throw them at allys you need to see down etc... yup turning them on shows where you are but if you set them down they may think you are behind them. had great fun doing this before and confusing the enemy... @i shot you a hundred times. no you shot a torch i sat sdown and walked away from around the building to shoot you in the back lol. works better if flashes too...

even better if you stick them in the branches of trees so they wave around a bit.

the streams of tracers and the cries of constarnation are very enjoyable.

Had a fantastic day today, even if the games were suuuuuper imbalanced. One team had a dominant position which made it super easy to hold the objectives (which they did), and they had the stronger players so it was a massive stompfest (I was not on this team... 🤣)

Still it was great fun, since I decided to stop trying to attack their bases when it was clear our team was woefully outmatched and instead took the Viet Cong approach of hiding in the bushes and just making life difficult for the other team. I got so many people with my silent HPA VSR and mk23 combo and so many bewildered players looking around confused trying to see where they got hit from, even though I was just wearing a short sleeve t-shirt and a leafy hood thing I bought from Russia for £25. However, it really highlighted how 1J builds are better at my local site during the summer. It's thick woodland, so the sight lines are generally pretty crap at this time of the year and a lot of shots I took were either with the mk23 within my MED, or they were at a range I could hit with a 1J gun (like 60m or less)

18 hours ago, Impulse said:

Had a fantastic day today, even if the games were suuuuuper imbalanced. One team had a dominant position which made it super easy to hold the objectives (which they did), and they had the stronger players so it was a massive stompfest (I was not on this team... 🤣)

That... is not inaccurate, lol. I don't think the spawns helped you much, especially as we had people pushing through the woodland to deny the spawns of your main base, meaning a hill climb to spawn back. Though you were certainly giving us a hard time over the full field! There was a good fight for Tower at the end of the day. I do love the larger field games with multiple objectives, I think I prefer them to the more focused meat grinder of the usual games. 

Worthing is also certainly a site where mega range doesn't give you a huge advantage, especially in spring/summer, as you said. So I did get a nice four shots, four kills with my pistol after having taken a weapon hit about 15 minutes earlier. Definitely the most action it's seen in a day, lol. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

Had a great day @ ACE Airsoft, low numbers (30) but still stellar day with great plays by both teams.  We kinda stomped the opposite team in the morning, so me & my team mate joined the other team and that balanced things out nicely and we even managed to win a couple of the afternoon games.  Both sides played really well and hit taking was spot on.  Really enjoyed it and having the field upgraded a bit for the NvS paintball side of things the previous week was a bonus having new structures laid out everywhere.  :)

Roll on next Sunday...

• Supporters
On 30/07/2021 at 20:12, remus said:

bring a bag of small torches that you dont care what happens to.

+1 to this. I always brought a dump-pouch full of assorted torches to the big, dark indoor Depot CQB site to light up doors and stairwells and draw fire.  It was actually kind of exploity, and I was happy to move them once a victim had cried foul.

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

+1 to this. I always brought a dump-pouch full of assorted torches to the big, dark indoor Depot CQB site to light up doors and stairwells and draw fire.  It was actually kind of exploity, and I was happy to move them once a victim had cried foul.

And as many bfgs you could fit on your body.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Musica said:

And as many bfgs you could fit on your body.

The only thing funnier than friendly-frag is medic-and-double-friendly-frag. ;) 

Have you seen the latest teaser from the Depot's Facebook page?  12th September is being whispered, no idea where yet though or if it'll be a mates-only trial game.

21 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

Worthing is also certainly a site where mega range doesn't give you a huge advantage, especially in spring/summer, as you said. So I did get a nice four shots, four kills with my pistol after having taken a weapon hit about 15 minutes earlier. Definitely the most action it's seen in a day, lol. 

Exactly. I'm looking forward to building my monster m21 and having no MED because there's way too much foliage to do any long distance shooting outside of a handful of spots around the site, though when winter comes around I may bring out the VSR again; the site changes a shocking amount from season to season.

Even I saw more action than usual, because you guys kept trying to sneak through paradise and I think I was the only blue in the area. Also, I often play a reconnaissance element for the team, but most of my mates didn't bring their radios and my headset broke, leaving me with my crappy backup one that barely works so I had to make myself useful somehow 😠