The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Don't worry, I update it semi-regularly, if something worth writing happens.

On 26/03/2021 at 21:56, Adolf Hamster said:

now i get to be reminded i still can't play :(

Sorry to hear that, hope you can get out soon. 

My partner has declared that airsoft is not my hobby. No, according to her my hobby is packing, unpacking and repacking my kit bags. Her attack level was set to stun, it did. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you can get out soon. 

it's a shit one, but the plan here seems to be hold onto the current lockdown for much longer in the hope that we can avoid closing down again.

hopefully it works.

10 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

My partner has declared that airsoft is not my hobby. No, according to her my hobby is packing, unpacking and repacking my kit bags. Her attack level was set to stun, it did. 

owch, you're gonna want some ice on that burn :P

Today was a good day.

Started off with my M4 acting up, so I ended up playing with the ak, which had some hop inconsistencies (the CU chamber is super sensitive and it was either overhop to the moon or not enough hop), but nonetheless it performed nicely.

A bit on the heavy side (I'm weak) but the folding stock is really a godsend when moving through thick vegetation.

Teamwork is building up, saw good communication and coordination between the teams :D

We also have two new members, with a third one joining in two weeks, nice to see new, younger people getting into the sport :)

Now that we are in lockdown for easter so I might get the chance to fix all these stupid technical issues.

• 1 month later...

We're back! Holy cow, what a day. Blue team dominated all day, barely lost out on a rolling defence game, but won everything else. The teamwork and positioning was great. I had a great time sneaking through some bushes with a few others to take a base, and on said rolling defence game, we had a fantastic push over the ridgeline with a ton of smokes going down. Had a classic youtube montage moment, holding a flanks and taking out maybe 10-15 people before they got me. Kinda wish I had a camera just for that part of the game. Even my l86 having some hop issues couldn't put a damper on my day. 

Yesterday was meh.

Hot, humid, wasn't motivated to do anything.

One of those days where you wonder if staying in bed would've been the better choice.

Hopefully next weekend will be better..at the very least I'll try some new stuff out.

Sunday game at Ironsight near Andover with my son, which went really well (other than Nuprol 3.0, using an AW drum mag, icing up my AAP-01 towards the end of the day, will stick with 2.0). My son had a great time which was the best part of it 😀

Very sore knees today, must get knee pads!

12 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Sunday game at Ironsight near Andover with my son, which went really well (other than Nuprol 3.0, using an AW drum mag, icing up my AAP-01 towards the end of the day, will stick with 2.0). My son had a great time which was the best part of it 😀

Very sore knees today, must get knee pads!

I need to get back to Ironsight. Last time I went was to a Christmas game a few years ago. 

Yesterday's game was an absolute blast!

Decided to run just the pdw + drum mag and a small backpack, no belt, no chest rig, no sidearm, which turned out to be perfect for the 20°+ temperature we faced.

We went for a "training day" with shorter games (10 minutes tops) since we have a tournament scheduled on the 11th of July.

We also have a lot of new members who are willing to participate but have no experience, so we took the opportunity to teach them a thing or two.

Overall a really good day, good hit taking and a couple of mega facepalm moments. One in particular in the last game:

Picture me and three others moving through dense bushes in a sort of diamond formation with me at the back being the squad leader.

We somehow missed the last defender who was lying prone inside a bush and he ended up right in the centre of the group.

He takes me out with a burst to the legs, my teammates instead of magdumping said bush started returning fire in all sorts of directions except where the shots came from :D

turns out the defender almost wiped out the entire squad if it wasn't for one guy with just a bit of common sense who opened fire in the right direction :D

Technical side: the new Perun V2 Hybrid ran spotless, I just need to source another pdw stock (will most likely order directly from King Arms) because the stubby fixed is a little bit too short and the standard buffer tube + crane I don't like the looks of.

Next Sunday, sniping time.

Went and played at DogTag yesterday for my nephew's first game.

Have to say for his first time the day could not have been any more perfect.

The weather was spot on th crowd was friendly with good hit taking throughout the fay. the reffs were awesome as always at this site and the games flowed well.

The nephew was clearly trigger happy. Ammo that'll usually last me 4 games he used up by lunch time but it's worth it to see him enjoying himself.

Only thing that annoyed me during the day was some douch teen (typically HPA +dye i5 - is that the prerequisite?) Trying to kick through walls and destroy stuff. 

Also in typical fashion the day I can't find my faceshield I ended up taking about 10 hits to the lips. I now resemble JayZ.

Really want to get a DMR now for this site though as it has so many long line of site shots.

• Supporters

Sunday just gone me and my 2 boys went to Black ops Portishead , first warm up game wasn’t really ‘feeling it’ but from then on steadily picked up and really enjoyed it more and more as the day went on . Caught up with some buds haven’t seen since before lockdown and to be honest that as much as anything made it worth the trek over to Bristol from Swansea . Actual game day was just generally a good one too , obviously there’s still a few asshats on site but that’s a given really ?  so me I was well happy with my 2nd day back after the past year of poop ! 👍

Spent the last 6 weeks buying things that i should've bought over the last 2 years - ammo, batteries, mag o-rings etc.

Now to re-assemble my plate carrier, fix and re-wire various things and hopefully have a good game on Sunday

Went to Ground Zero a couple days ago for their mid-week half term game. It was the first time my middle son has played Airsoft.

Lots of kids (I was expecting that), lots of non-hit taking on both sides (kinda expecting that), a dickhead with a green fricken laser flashing it into peoples faces (not expecting that).

I was pretty bored with the game play by midday and was ready to jack it in after a couple of incidents with the green fricken laser in the morning, but couldn't because I had my two boys with me and the refs did sort out laser dick in the end.

Turns out waving a green laser in peoples faces from 30m away (thus not for aiming, but as a deliberate distraction) was not against the site rules.

Apparently, according to the ref it was 'only a low power laser'. 'Cool' I said - 'where's your testing equipment to verify that?' - no answer. 

Who the fuck thinks a green fricken laser is acceptable at essentially a kids airsoft day? I don't, but that's just me.

Anyway - games were pretty uninteresting. The site is pretty uninteresting. It was just....meh.

But my middle son loved it. And that's the main thing.

My last game was a couple of weeks ago but i thought best sleep on it a bit before writing anything up.

I'm not sure if it's just my local site but quality of play and of the individuals playing has taken a massive nose dive this year.

We started our first game half an hour late as some people were too thick to hand in there waivers and it went downhill from there.

First game i took a hit in tight area so i moved to oneside to allow the fire fight to continue as i didnt want to get in anyones way and impede the game, at this point the braindead halfwit that shot me decided to full auto me within MED despite already calling hit, having my hand up and not holding my gun.

Next round was full of bad players not abiding by respawn rules and yelling at other players not to either.

This round i stored my primary on top of a steel crate dead centre with no overhang after taking a hit when i went to collect i found it had been thrown on the flaw and parts had come off.

Third game yet another delay in starting as some twats wouldnt shut up during the brief despite being repeatedly told to.

Through the whole day i didn't see anything vaguely resembling teamwork on either side and any encouragement or attempt to organise people was met with contempt, a lot of cheating in not respawning correctly, alot of people over shooting, engaging within MED and just generally acting like dicks.

Unfortunately this has been my experience every skirmish this year and has lead to my team investigating new sites.

Last year the standards of play were much higher with kess cheating, more teamwork and overall less twats showing up.

Part if me hopes that its just over enthusiasm from not being able to skirmish for a long while and people will settle back down and start obiding rules and stop being little shits as my experiences last year were nothing like this but honestly i saw a growing minority of just arse holes showing up and i don't have the time or patience for it.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Apparently, according to the ref it was 'only a low power laser'. 'Cool' I said - 'where's your testing equipment to verify that?' - no answer

"Then you'll have no problem shining it in your eye, then the eye of its owner, for 3 unblinking seconds, right?"

Had a great day at Warminster Airsoft today. Blue won the morning game with one bridge out of three to Red's none but some good teamwork by Red after lunch got the the bomb in place for a convincing win. First time out with my new SRS and got plenty of good hits with it. Loved the short length and balance of the SRS, very easy to move around with it slung on my back. Ran my P90 as a sidearm and enjoyed using both all day. Good hit taking on both sides from what I saw. Suffered from bad fogging in the first game of the day but managed to sort it and goggles stayed clear after that. I'll definitely go with the SRS/P90 combo again, just need to make sure the P90's weapon clip doesn't fall off again. 

Good day out, many thanks to all at Warminster today.

425766641_Warminster06-06-21showingtheP90asasidearm.thumb.jpg.78e49f87fe3ccc05ac4f5710b0678801.jpg

Good pic of the P90 sidearm.😁 New hat causing fogging issues.

77331406_Warminster06-06-21withmySRS.thumb.jpg.e9100072318c067cacb1629ca2138a9f.jpg

Hat change sorted the fogging problems followed by a successful first day with the SRS.😎

Edited by 38super
added pics

8 minutes ago, 38super said:

Had a great day at Warminster Airsoft today. Blue won the morning game with one bridge out of three to Red's none but some good teamwork by Red after lunch got the the bomb in place for a convincing win. First time out with my new SRS and got plenty of good hits with it. Loved the short length and balance of the SRS, very easy to move around with it slung on my back. Ran my P90 as a sidearm and enjoyed using both all day. Good hit taking on both sides from what I saw. Suffered from bad fogging in the first game of the day but managed to sort it and goggles stayed clear after that. I'll definitely go with the SRS/P90 combo again, just need to make sure the P90's weapon clip doesn't fall off again. 

Good day out, many thanks to all at Warminster today.

I was enjoying your game day summation up until the p90 sidearm bit 🤮lol

Regards 

the hat i ordered 4 days ago which was meant to be next day delivery turned up today at 11.45am while i was out in the middle of a field. my baldly head is now glowing.   

6 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I was enjoying your game day summation up until the p90 sidearm bit 🤮lol

Regards 

When you have new toys you have to play with them. It's a rule.😁

Went out with my serviced and cleaned AK, only to fall over a tree root 10 mins into the game.   I was a pretty good gymnast in the mists of time, so controlling a fall is fairly easy, but...  I managed to snag my free foot on something else too as I fell.  THUD.

Busted the rear sight, split the top housing in front of the (now displaced) dust cover, and the battery compartment bottom cracked.   I hit the floor hard enough to dislodge a contact lens.  I honestly thought that I'd broken my big (arthritic) toe, but it moved after a few minutes of laying still and therapeutically swearing.     

Rifle still fed OK and shot straight so on we went.  Played OK too.  

First game damage I've inflicted on a CYMA.  I doubt an all steel build would have been damaged, but I doubt I'd find one for less than £70 on TG.  

I'll have to get the gaffer tape and cable ties out I expect.  If it's serious the Jubilee clips come out too, possibly the superglue.  

Bloody good day out mind!

'twas an odd day.

It's definitely becoming way too hot to play. Wearing synthetic shit didn't help either.

The new chest rig worked really well, I like how light it is even when loaded.

We are now at 36 members with an active count of 15+ each Sunday, most are new kids, teamwork is growing but we are still not ready for tournaments, only a handful of people (including me) have experience with those.

Which sucks dicks because we have one tournament scheduled on the 11th of July.

So back to yesterday, there is this guy who always shows up late, thinks he has the right to do whatever the fuck he wants just because he paid, which is definitely not the case here, so after him being annoying all day I took him to the side and gave him one last chance at behaving before handing back his money and kick him out of the club.

I mean, we meet at 8 AM on the field for a reason, especially during the warmer months, it gets unplayable after 10:30 AM so we try to play as much as possible before, you can't show up at 9 and then complain that we don't wait for you, or that we go home by 11:30..

There's plenty of other clubs that have a different view on Airsoft, go join those instead.

Played a test day for Rift Redcon 2.1.

Good sight and saw some people I haven't seen in a while. Weather was a fog fest for goggles for most people.

Only downsides were some people being generous with the MED for BAR's, and i dropped a glock mag which unless its literally on the main walkways, anything you drop will be gone forever.

• Supporters

After taking a day to cool down I can safely say Sunday was the worst airsofting experience I have ever had in over 20yrs of playing .

arrived on site as per usual start getting ready to rock , get out nice and early have the usual warm up game goes well .

Second game of the day playing far end of the site so I drop down the bottom and start flanking the blues to be told “no can’t go there that fields out of bounds” I think fair enough trying to keep it tight so more intense ? No reason was the NEXT field over from that one had a group of under 10’s having a paintball party ! Next game we turn that game around to THEN be told one of the top fields that has a crashed wooden blackhawk in it was now out of bounds instead for the same reason ! 
next game the first field is out of bounds again because there were adults paintballing in that field and a party of about 20 chavs that had booked a 2hr session of airsofting where dropped right in the middle of us lot so the whole thing totally went to ratshit because they where running around shooting everyone immaterial of which team they where on , not taking there hits and generally having a wonderful time ! Spoke to a marshal and his reply ? “There only here for 2hrs so boss said let them do what ever they want “ ! 
next game yet another field was closed due to kids having a paintball party , oh and at one point one of the only two marshals watching all these kids brings them in to the safezone where all us airsofters where (which totally contradicts child safeguarding) to clean there masks and while all these crotch goblins are milling around I even catch one trying to pick up my full stock full metal ways a ton AK74 ! 
Next game no problems sites ours again great . After this it’s lunch time , during lunch we notice a LOT of adults and children turning up and we find out we’re going to loose about 35% of the site to other activities so a group of the regulars are sat out side discussing what’s happening we all decide united front and speak to management was told someone would be over , no one turned up . Found the owners wife she said she was so busy but she ‘would try’ to speak to us , AND of course she didn’t ! Saw Her husband (other owner)tried speaking to him but he ignored me , told A senior marshal we wanted to speak to him urgently , I saw him tell him but all the owner did was shrug his shoulders and walk off in the opasite direction !

We all went inside to find him and we did , he was flitting around ‘doing stuff’ and blatantly ignoring us ! He finally went in to the office bit and starts going through the wavers from the morning we ask him “are you going to speak to us ?” He carries on going through the papers . Someone said “are you going to speak to us or just ignore us ?” and that’s just what he did he ignored us ! Someone then says “so your just going to ignore paying customers are you ?” At this point he just turns around and walked off without even acknowledging us ! He actually walked off ignoring us ! Un fucking believable .

so by now all to a man we where absolutely bouncing so we decided again united front all leave and tell them why as we are leaving . We all pack up and as we’re leaving we spot the wife again so put our grievances to her telling her politely how disgusting it is there running other events on the same day the bi-monthly airsoft gameday is run and closing off sections of the site for these other activities but still charging us full price , she gives a half arsed apology I said “so what your saying is making money is more important than customer satisfaction ?” Her reply ? “Yes the money is more important because we lost so much last year and if we don’t make enough money now we’d have to close the site !” Oh and when asked about her husband ignoring paying customers politely asking him to answer our grievances her reply ? “Oh he doesn’t like being questioned on his business decisions and he will go quiet and not answer you !” As we are walking to our cars we spot him in one of the biggest fields leading a group of teens on quad bikes around it ! and cherry on top of this whole fiasco I later found out last game day they where running the air rifle range AND clay pigeon shooting at the same time as airsofting on site ! 
So all I can really say on it now is I and at least 10 other players will never be going back to BLACK OPS CRIBBS BRISTOL . And it’s been my ‘home site’ (I call it my home site even though I live in Swansea and drive 1.5hrs to get there) for over 7yrs as a result of the horrendous customer service given to us . 

31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

After taking a day to cool down I can safely say Sunday was the worst airsofting experience I have ever had in over 20yrs of playing .

arrived on site as per usual start getting ready to rock , get out nice and early have the usual warm up game goes well .

Second game of the day playing far end of the site so I drop down the bottom and start flanking the blues to be told “no can’t go there that fields out of bounds” I think fair enough trying to keep it tight so more intense ? No reason was the NEXT field over from that one had a group of under 10’s having a paintball party ! Next game we turn that game around to THEN be told one of the top fields that has a crashed wooden blackhawk in it was now out of bounds instead for the same reason ! 
next game the first field is out of bounds again because there were adults paintballing in that field and a party of about 20 chavs that had booked a 2hr session of airsofting where dropped right in the middle of us lot so the whole thing totally went to ratshit because they where running around shooting everyone immaterial of which team they where on , not taking there hits and generally having a wonderful time ! Spoke to a marshal and his reply ? “There only here for 2hrs so boss said let them do what ever they want “ ! 
next game yet another field was closed due to kids having a paintball party , oh and at one point one of the only two marshals watching all these kids brings them in to the safezone where all us airsofters where (which totally contradicts child safeguarding) to clean there masks and while all these crotch goblins are milling around I even catch one trying to pick up my full stock full metal ways a ton AK74 ! 
Next game no problems sites ours again great . After this it’s lunch time , during lunch we notice a LOT of adults and children turning up and we find out we’re going to loose about 35% of the site to other activities so a group of the regulars are sat out side discussing what’s happening we all decide united front and speak to management was told someone would be over , no one turned up . Found the owners wife she said she was so busy but she ‘would try’ to speak to us , AND of course she didn’t ! Saw Her husband (other owner)tried speaking to him but he ignored me , told A senior marshal we wanted to speak to him urgently , I saw him tell him but all the owner did was shrug his shoulders and walk off in the opasite direction !

We all went inside to find him and we did , he was flitting around ‘doing stuff’ and blatantly ignoring us ! He finally went in to the office bit and starts going through the wavers from the morning we ask him “are you going to speak to us ?” He carries on going through the papers . Someone said “are you going to speak to us or just ignore us ?” and that’s just what he did he ignored us ! Someone then says “so your just going to ignore paying customers are you ?” At this point he just turns around and walked off without even acknowledging us ! He actually walked off ignoring us ! Un fucking believable .

so by now all to a man we where absolutely bouncing so we decided again united front all leave and tell them why as we are leaving . We all pack up and as we’re leaving we spot the wife again so put our grievances to her telling her politely how disgusting it is there running other events on the same day the bi-monthly airsoft gameday is run and closing off sections of the site for these other activities but still charging us full price , she gives a half arsed apology I said “so what your saying is making money is more important than customer satisfaction ?” Her reply ? “Yes the money is more important because we lost so much last year and if we don’t make enough money now we’d have to close the site !” Oh and when asked about her husband ignoring paying customers politely asking him to answer our grievances her reply ? “Oh he doesn’t like being questioned on his business decisions and he will go quiet and not answer you !” As we are walking to our cars we spot him in one of the biggest fields leading a group of teens on quad bikes around it ! and cherry on top of this whole fiasco I later found out last game day they where running the air rifle range AND clay pigeon shooting at the same time as airsofting on site ! 
So all I can really say on it now is I and at least 10 other players will never be going back to BLACK OPS CRIBBS BRISTOL . And it’s been my ‘home site’ (I call it my home site even though I live in Swansea and drive 1.5hrs to get there) for over 7yrs as a result of the horrendous customer service given to us . 

Sorry to hear all that dude.

I bet you were all just gobsmacked.

He will find out that the more balls you try to juggle with the more you are  likely to drop. 

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Error