The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Nick G said:

We need a 2 teir respawn, all the youngsters can run back to the respawn ( often up a bloody hill at our local site ) and the 'mature' respawn where you bimble back 50 paces, sit on a stump and have a cuppa , and maybe a nice biscuit, before heading back into the fray 

Are the biscuits and beverages provided? If so can we set the age limit at say, my age minus a year? 😛

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Are the biscuits and beverages provided? If so can we set the age limit at say, my age minus a year? 😛

There is usually at least one of us in  my regular group (The Old Gits) with biscuits, sometimes it's donuts , be rude not to share 🤣. I find a small flask covers my tea needs for a game . All these youngsters running around like their hair is on fire with all their 'operator' kit strapped to their plate carrier when all you actually need is a pouch large enough to take the flask and a double stanag pouch for biccies . That and a couple of hicaps and you're golden 😁 

Old Gittery is more a state of mind than anything else so all ages welcome........just don't let anyone see you run !

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Nick G said:

We need a 2 teir respawn, all the youngsters can run back to the respawn ( often up a bloody hill at our local site ) and the 'mature' respawn where you bimble back 50 paces, sit on a stump and have a cuppa , and maybe a nice biscuit, before heading back into the fray 

Ohhh, that's brilliant.  Like the don't-call-them-ladies-tees ladies tees on golf courses.  The only thing stopping you using them is, well...look who's using them. ;)

7 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Rather then letting individual players make their own, probably unique judgements on how far away the spawn is, how long it would take them to get there (I would suggest that someone who can't be bothered to walk what is probably a short distance should probably add on a few minutes to what they think their speed is!), or how realistic the enemy is advancing, i think we should just walk back to the designated spawn point. It may not be physically easier for some, but it is simpler, and almost certainly fairer.

fwiw: couldn't care less about one's physical condition or whatever (seems more than ok that organisers would make exceptions for the sake of accessibility)  just think it's something that is best run past a marshall for "sign off" first, for the sake of fair play, or at least, the appearance of fair play. 

I would say that at the start of the day : I did talk to the marshals and they were aware of what I intended to do:

I would say when at the age of 58 I would have run rings round most of the unfit kids I meet at airsoft with a few exceptions.

I always try not to get into slanging matches with even the worst cheaters and when possible start my day with a 350 fps AEG, if I encounter cheats I change to my DMR and heavy weight BBS.

It is not easy to say you are not being hit when the pain is making you dance.

One final thing airsoft is an enjoyable game played by people on an HONOUR based system, you get hit you call it you walk away.........

I hate the idiots that wish to escalate everything IT IS A GAME!!!!

You idiots out there yelling I hit you when the BBs are landing 10 or 20 feet short all the time get a friend with face pro and get him to walk towards you from 80m then you will see your true range and I tell you it is less than you think and less than it looks from behind the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about that the next time you play.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, gasman said:

It is not easy to say you are not being hit when the pain is making you dance.

you've not met the kind of players i've seen, our record so far is failing to call a broadside from a 40-mike......

1 minute ago, gasman said:

You idiots out there yelling I hit you when the BBs are landing 10 or 20 feet short all the time get a friend with face pro and get him to walk towards you from 80m then you will see your true range and I tell you it is less than you think and less than it looks from behind the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about that the next time you play.

couple of months back running the dragonuv there was a chap in that position, called me over to take a shot (because of course big gun with a scope=more range but that's by the by and tbf i was yeeting .48's), my first shot went about a foot over the guys head, close enough for him to flinch but definately not a hit, meanwhile all i'm hearing is "you hit him you hit him".

likewise yesterday i was being credited with a double kill despite being 99% certain the first guy the bb passed didn't make contact (ironically he was the guy i was aiming at, the second bloke walked out at the wrong time)

unless you not only see the bb land, but you know it's close enough to impact with authority and hasn't bounced off a mag pouch or something where they might legitimately have not felt/heard it, then you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt.

That is why I tried out a scope cam 4K and used my head cam at the weekend the scope cam is a piece of junk do not buy terrible images and sound. Every one get a gopro hero 8 black or spend a grand on a camera scope if you want to see a BB at long distance. I have very good scopes I used with full bore rifles but they would be wasted on airsoft.

If someone made a good gun mounted zoom in camera BB proof for airsoft with good sound and video I WOULD BUY IT! Not if it is PLASTIC.

A gopro is there to prove to people you are taking your hits as well as showing when they do not take theirs but as you say distance hides a bb and frequently a clear picture of the player you are trying to hit. I was surprised the first time I range tested with a friend how poor my (perfect hopped AEGs) were distance wise 350 FPS has its limits. A DMR on 450 FPS with the right weight BBs does help but people forget their engagement distances and always seem to try for head shots and that is when people get hurt. On Sunday at a distance of 5 or 6 feet I shot a player body shot as he came around a corner he was dead but he still fired at me after being shot, I took the hit and walked.

6 hours ago, gasman said:

Sunday at a distance of 5 or 6 feet I shot a player body shot as he came around a corner he was dead but he still fired at me after being shot, I took the hit and walked

I admire your ability to let shit go. I am fairly certain that had that been me, my response would be along the 'you were dead before you turned' mood. If they challenged, I would (and have) told players to get a marshal to hit check me.

Range on an aeg can be tough but I also know I can nail someone at 60m. With my cheap ass, zero upgrades pew slinger

I have had my rant here instead of on site LOL.

Yes a good aeg with 28BBs or above will hit 60M maybe even 65 but a lot of the knobs out there do not set their guns up or get their hop to work as it should.

Had to replace the hop rubber on the DMR after Sunday as it started to spray erratically towards the end.

My son in law found it too much and just quit after shooting the opposition and then being shouted at to take his hits when the BBs they shot did not reach him.

I was out taking photos again on saturday. It was damp and windy, about half the trenches were still filled with about 2.5ft of water and a lot of the grass was boggy. Had two folk fall into the trenches and one do a spectacular slide/slip into the boggy bit. Sadly I missed them all with the camera! 

Numbers were on the low side, but I reckon thats cause the forecast was awfull. 

14 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

Did anyone go out yesterday? And how's your new life as a mud person? 

I did play this Sunday, was muddy but it wasn't raining.

Had some serious fun, although my gun wasn't behaving properly as shots were going everywhere but where I aimed (I later found out that the barrel had two nasty scratches on the inside for some reason). In one instance I was aiming at one player but hit the guy 2 metres to his left :D

Overall a good day, hits were called, laughs were had.

On 20/10/2020 at 21:52, gasman said:

I have had my rant here instead of on site LOL.

Yes a good aeg with 28BBs or above will hit 60M maybe even 65 but a lot of the knobs out there do not set their guns up or get their hop to work as it should.

Had to replace the hop rubber on the DMR after Sunday as it started to spray erratically towards the end.

My son in law found it too much and just quit after shooting the opposition and then being shouted at to take his hits when the BBs they shot did not reach him.

That was rather an annoying day to say the least.A certain group of players would shoot in your direction then start screamimng "take your hits"," check yourself".Never seen it happen before and they did it to everyone they pointed at.It puts an idea in other players heads that perhaps you're not taking your hits.Marshalls need to quell this type of action before it kills the game,day or even the sites reputation.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, snuff said:

That was rather an annoying day to say the least.A certain group of players would shoot in your direction then start screamimng "take your hits"," check yourself".Never seen it happen before and they did it to everyone they pointed at.It puts an idea in other players heads that perhaps you're not taking your hits.Marshalls need to quell this type of action before it kills the game,day or even the sites reputation.

generally these folks can be seen about 20m behind the line yeeting .2's with their hop turned off.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Whilst screaming at everyone else to push forward 

yep

had one such fella last sunday really typified it, i wasn't playing but saw him getting annoyed at a fella "not calling his hits" meanwhile i'm stood about 15m between him and his target and he wasn't even making it to me......

whilst i realise it wouldn't be fair to stereotype as not all indoor players are like this, but it does seem a fair proportion of them these days are playing outdoors thanks to covid and have never got the hang of tracking just how far their gnu's can actually shoot.

On 29/10/2020 at 11:01, Adolf Hamster said:

generally these folks can be seen about 20m behind the line yeeting .2's with their hop turned off.

Indeed,I've been using this site for many years,this is the worst I've seen.It demoralised players and there was an air of tension.Is it the rise of the COD players?

We can't play because of restrictions, but we can go on the field and maintain it, so that's what we did.

We restored one old trail to an area of the field we haven't really used in a long time. We're going to do maintenance until we are allowed to play again.

Next week i will bring the ghillies with me, so I can start crafting them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic game day today, despite being on the definitive losing team and it being cold and wet! Saw me hold a corner by myself with my m14 for over half a game; must've been about 20 mins overall. Felt like a woodland version of Black Hawk Down (you know the scene...) when they finally got me because I was down to my pistol and surrounded since the rest of the team had capitulated by that point. Don't need a ghillie to be sneaky, was just in my DPMs with some scrim net draped over my head and shoulders. Some minor feeding issues, but not enough to detract from the overall day.

Also, my VSR got fixed, so I'm back to using that hilariously quiet rifle. CO2 power + suppressor makes no noise whatsoever.

• 2 months later...

More and more technical issues, I am definitely cursed.

So the King Arms PDW does not like ZCI hop units, couldn't feed a single round.

The specna 933 acted funny all day, sounded shit in full auto (as if it was going to jam) so I stuck to semi.

Nonetheless I had fun today, the lack of confidence among team members is showing (we have mostly new/inexperienced people now) and we need to sort that out asap.

Next Sunday, PDW time (AK if I feel like it and the new high caps actually feed).

Meanwhile I need to stock 60° hop rubbers as 50s appear to be too soft for my 933.

• 1 month later...

Given that we can shoot each other (outside) again real soon, thought I would bump this thread for the Easter weekend activities.