The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

I find it's easiest to just mention it to the marshalls. Don't approach them all fire and brimstone, screaming about how the bad man isn't taking his hits. Just let a marshall know and say "I'm not sure, but could you keep an eye on [insert description of potential cheater here], as I think they may not be taking hits."

But if I think someone isn't taking their hits, I'll always mention it to staff and then leave it to them to enforce. I don't see the negative stigma of it, unless it's every game day, but if that's the case it's probably the shooter not hitting their target; I've seen so many airsofters have a moan about hit taking, but their BBs are falling short because their gun fires to 60 airsoft metres, but only 40 actual metres.

I had a great day yesterday in CQB, big site but small teams so could do sneaky looping back manoeuvres and get the kills in. Managed to shoot through a 4" hole in a door and get a guy in the leg...while I was 7m behind the door, that'll teach him to try and sneak in the back! 😁

By the last game people were pretty knackered with all the stairs and such but spirits and game play were still top and fair on both sides.

Reminded me why I took up this silly sport 👍 Although my MWS was great, carrying 6 GBBR mags (plus all my other gear) was a silly idea!

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Skara said:

I don't get why people leave games early :D

Just use the fun switch and make 'em bleed :D

A strategy i used to adopt, until i realised that if they won't call one or two patently obvious hits (ie where the usual no feel clause doesnt apply) then sending a load more is just throwing good money after bad.

Although maybe thats because the ones i'm used to dealing with can fail to call a 40-mike....

I  wasted about a mag(hi cap) on a "teflon terrorist"(rental) yesterday.I took out everyone around him,he flinched when I suprised him from behind at distance,he then moved tyres to hide behind and guess what...he was one of the last ones in.It was a warning of things to come as he was involved in near fisticuffs at the end of the day..closest I've seen to phsyical contact,I advised the marshall to step in,it's not needed at any site.

I had really bad luck today.

Woke up at 5 AM (slept 2 hours because reasons), met with my teammates and we drove 2 hours near Genoa for a "huge" game with all the clubs from the region.

Super hyped, I took 5 guns with me:

Specna M4, Ares Honey Badger, Ares Striker, Mk23 and AAP01.

We arrive at the site, get dressed and line up for temperature test and chrono. 34.5° body temperature, apparently I'm a zombie or something but whatever.

I notice something's off: the chrono the hosting team was using is an absolute piece of inaccurate shit.

Tested the Striker: 1 reading at 1.00J, not allowed.. Shit, okay, Specna next. Same, 1 reading at 1.03J, not allowed.

I know for sure that they both are well within the 1J limit, but heh, let's try the Amoeba, 0.96J..

Then my teammate who has a stock TM HC M4, 1st 5 readings were between 1 and 0.95J, he passed (lmao). At this point I'm getting tilted, I offer to use my chrono instead but they refuse.

FINE, let's play with the honey badger. Pistols, though, weren't chronoed and I was literally the only one not running CO2. I'll let you guess how many people ended up bleeding because of that.

We are divided in two large teams, each team has a base and a flag to defend, if one team snags the enemy flag, brings it back to its base and holds it for 20 minutes while still having its own flag, that team wins.

Terrain is rough, steep climb for us to get to their base while the enemy has all the advantage in this world (guess where the hosting team was? Lol).

Back to us, the game starts, I spot a column of reds who are trying to flank us, I switch to full, pull the trigger and suddenly hear the horrifying sound of a metal rack being chewed to shit. Cool, I get hit, go back to our base, ditch the rifle and spend the rest of the day sniping people with a mk23, with the AAP for close up full auto bukkakes..

Throughout the day I only managed to get a handful of kills, mostly because the people I shot with the mk23 (bar one, who called the hit on a clearly dry magazine), since they didn't hear gearbox winding or piston slapping, decided to NOT call those hits, despite visibly flinching when hit.

We eventually manage to steal the enemy flag but the game ends right after.

Overall it could have been a really fun day if they had a good chrono.

Plugged the battery back in the specna, it clocks in at 95 m/s on 0.2s consistently 😕

• Supporters

Ahh technical curses.....

Lct didnt run today, warfet decided it didnt wanna turn the motor (tried it in another gun and ran fine so the warfet is good)

Of course lending the jg to a mate and the dragonuv still having consistency issues end up having to borrow a mates bolty with no front sight so i'm basically hip firing all day.

And despite all that it was not that bad and i got a lot more kills than i had any right to.....

11 minutes ago, Skara said:

Overall it could have been a really fun day if they had a good chrono.

😕

Sadly this is why the argument of not bothering to go for fps stems from, get bang on the limit and stuff like this can happen.

Funny really, i doubt they were measuring for joule creep or checking pistols for barrel extensions.......

• Supporters

Fun day with my nephew, if somewhat technically gruelling.  One AEG was misfeeding and DOA, one packed in during the day, so he ended up with the venerable CYMA M4 (still going strong) and pistol and I was down to a pump action shotgun.  He also lost a pistol mag and dropped another and broke the feed lips, but stuff happens.  Hopefully a bit less of a gear grinder next weekend.

Well today I used one of few remaining leave days.  So was intent on having a great time, which it was...right up to about 1hr into the afternoon game.  Hit a spikey tree stump, my left knee went one way and the rest of me went the other way...hit the floor like a sack of shit.   Marshall was gonna call the game, but I told him not to....didn't want to ruin the flow of the game as we were winning. :)

After about 20mins of trying to see if it would be ok, I decided to continue playing, but only by hobbling everywhere...determined not to waste the day.  Just got home and I have a massive lump (The size of a tennis ball) on the side of my kneecap...a little worried as the swelling is enormous. 

Will see what it's like tomorrow.

It was a great day, weather was beautiful and gameplay and sportsmanship was pretty good.  Even got given a AK74 GBBR with x3 leaky gas mags as a gift from a mate, who I helped out getting him a few rifs.

3 hours ago, Monkman said:

Marshall was gonna call the game, but I told him not to....didn't want to ruin the flow of the game as we were winning. :)

My hero!

Well done that man.Thats what makes Britain great

Stiff upper lip and all that.

Seriously though hope the knee is not too badly damaged.

👍

Regards 

12 hours ago, Monkman said:

Just got home and I have a massive lump (The size of a tennis ball) on the side of my kneecap...a little worried as the swelling is enormous. 

My dad's knee looks the same, although he crashed while we were on a motorcycle trip.

At first we thought the ligaments were gone, but the X-rays showed they're intact. Go get checked mate, hope it's nothing serious 

Had a great day that was tarnished by losing another pistol mag. I am DONE with any pistol with a push button mag release and will solely be using my lovely HK pistols from now on (mk23 and HK45), as I've now lost a P226 mag and a 1911 mag by running and the pistol jiggling about just enough to tap the mag release and send the currently inserted mag somewhere into the bushes.

First daylight game out in the ghillie this year, as it was finally not 20+ celcius and I'm still packing a bit of extra "insulation" (keto diet is shaving that away fast though. I had 50kg to lose though so it's an ongoing battle). However, the ghillie worked an absolute charm and I may have ruffled some feathers as I had one of those clickbait youtube highlight sniper moments. Managed to sneak around behind the enemy team, hid in some ferns in my ghillie and kept picking off the enemy team from behind. Seriously, it really hammered home the importance of only taking a single shot from a position before moving to a new one; I got so many people as they bumbled over to my last location. Apparently they complained to the marshalls about me, but I hadn't broken any rules so there was no issue. Ironically, they were the ones breaking rules as they were actively searching for me while they were hit.

Also, it may seem silly, but I really had to overcome my phobia of wasps. Through the day, wasps kept on coming for the plants on my ghillie suit. I had one buzzing around a plant that hung on my hood to the side of my face. I managed to stay still, but I probably missed an opportunity or two because I was watching that goddamn wasp 😠

4 minutes ago, Impulse said:

phobia of wasps

I feel you.

But outdoors they aren't an issue at all for me.. It's when the fuckers decide to take a peak in my living room that I go batshit crazy :(

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Also, it may seem silly, but I really had to overcome my phobia of wasps. Through the day, wasps kept on coming for the plants on my ghillie suit. I had one buzzing around a plant that hung on my hood to the side of my face. I managed to stay still, but I probably missed an opportunity or two because I was watching that goddamn wasp 😠

i remember during an extended fallback game where we were doing a hell of a job defending, i'd got myself dug into a position where apparently i was nigh untouchable and after about half an hour i was wishing i'd get hit just so i didn't have to deal with the constant stream of wasps crawling all over me.

current problem this time of year seems to be getting covered in blackberry juice when walking through hedges, makes it look like i'm just randomly bleeding all over :P

• 2 weeks later...

Today was fun.

As per my status update, my M4 decided to be a cunt and jam bbs, so I ended up playing with a teammate's backup gun.

Which didn't like Lonex flash mags. But heh. At least it somehow worked.

But anyway, short session today as the weather was crap, I went with a slightly lighter loadout (more speedsofty, my belt + a chest rig with just 3 single mag pouches) which worked really well.

We had a new player who was at his first game, he quickly gained the nickname "fisherman's friend" because he literally showed up dressed like a fisherman (rubber boots, weird blue boonie and a green pvc parka).

Wore mesh goggles because glasses kept steaming up, not a smart idea considering that I took a bb shard to the eye. Luckily it didn't do any damage but for half a second I got scared as I've witnessed some nasty shit with cheap bbs and mesh goggles.

Oh, and it was probably the last game for a while, the expected rise in new rona cases during the autumn/winter season somehow caught our government by surprise, so we are most likely shutting down sports tomorrow (but not parties, silly country).

13 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I had an amazing day today. Found out that my first ghillie suit DEFINITELY works. Not only did I have multiple instances of people looking directly at me and not seeing me, but I also had around 15 - 20 mins in a rolling assault where they had cleared my team out and were swarming all around me to keep engaging with my team who were moving back. Their respawn was literally 3m in front of me for about 5 of those minutes and nobody saw me. I was so worried someone was going to either see my boots or step on/trip over me as they came REALLY close.

Waited until their respawn moved a bit further past me down the path, repositioned and started plinking people with my VSR, much to their confusion.

Was a fantastic day. Easily one of my top 3 moments in this hobby over the last 15 years. The adrenaline was insane and my heart was pounding the whole time xD

Cool! 

I envy you. My last game was two weeks ago☹

I can imagine your heart going nineteen to the dozen! Lol

Sounds like a successful op.

👍

Regards 

21 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I can imagine your heart going nineteen to the dozen! Lol

100%. I could feel it going into overdrive as the players chatted, fired their AEGs and stood pretty much on top of me xD

48 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I had an amazing day today. Found out that my first ghillie suit DEFINITELY works. Not only did I have multiple instances of people looking directly at me and not seeing me, but I also had around 15 - 20 mins in a rolling assault where they had cleared my team out and were swarming all around me to keep engaging with my team who were moving back. Their respawn was literally 3m in front of me for about 5 of those minutes and nobody saw me. I was so worried someone was going to either see my boots or step on/trip over me as they came REALLY close.

Waited until their respawn moved a bit further past me down the path, repositioned and started plinking people with my VSR, much to their confusion.

Was a fantastic day. Easily one of my top 3 moments in this hobby over the last 15 years. The adrenaline was insane and my heart was pounding the whole time xD

Well, hello there. Me and my friends were chatting with you after that game. That defence was ridiculous. I think the other team, with you in the mix, were taking fire from three sides. 😂

7 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Well, hello there. Me and my friends were chatting with you after that game. That defence was ridiculous. I think the other team, with you in the mix, were taking fire from three sides. 😂

A fellow Worthing player! Yeah, and in fairness I was basically out of the game for well over half of it as I couldn't move! But it was all worth it for that short time I was able to do stuff :D

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

Awesome work! I try doing this every so often, however I end up getting cramp in my legs/arms after about 5 min. 

We had a game day yesterday, I was shooting with my camera rather than a rif (pictures here) however.  Lots of new players, which suprised me to be honest but with some guidance from the more experienced players it turned out to be a really great day. New players taking their hits and not being scared of running to the front lines as it were 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Lots of new players, which suprised me

Folk desperate for something to do after / between rona lockdowns, I'd guess.  POW and Section 8 are both rammed full and selling out weeks in advance at the moment.

Oh, hang on.  See this mask?

image.png.edd0f354e375fbd47606d757d3171120.png

It looks like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paintball-Protection-Resistant-Activities-Black-Clear/dp/B08JCPMTSR

"Notes: The PC lenses can withstand 310 FPS within 5 meters of the bbs shooting"

Nice of them to say so.  I'd be wanting to test shoot that and see.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Looks like the same kinda mask, but the one in the picture is mesh rather than lenses. 

Oh, right, sorry, I thought it was the tinted lens, but I see the dings now.

My day went well! First time out since, well too long. Ended up having a semi reunion shooting day, went to Ambush Activities, great site (with a fuller review to follow in correct section), lots of Combat South regs (which mostly ended up on the same team....). I got hit checked by a marshal, as it turns out many did. The reason for this is clear, reds claimed we were not taking hits. 80% of blue were hit checked, turns out they were flat out being out shot and didnt get that they needed to be closer....

Fun was had by all (most). That Titan battery (brick) is a work horse. I am partial to using the fun button, suppressing fire and all that. Did the whole day with no sweat and still has more than 60% charge! Worth the money. 

Edit: They get more points for having a marshal run around and taking pictures so I now have two in my gear!

Well, despite a wonderful day out yesterday, and finally proof that the gum really does work 👍, turns out the trigger group on my l86 broke ☹️ . The part that hold the trigger return spring in place has twisted, somehow, so it get stuck shooting. Such a small part but it will likely require a full trigger group replacement for about £40. Pretty sure I'm out of warranty since it's been a year since I got it. I'll have a word with ICS. 

Bleh. At least it was last game, so my mate using this didn't lose much playtime. 

IMG_20201012_155532.jpg