Gg Cm18 R8-l

TomFarrington97

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, had this R8-L from G&G for just over a year now and like the gun. However I’d like to replace the front rail system to a metal one just to give the gun a bit more weight without buying. new rif. 

wondering if anyone has changed the rail on there’s or if someone could point me In the right direction as I’m not sure what’s compatible. All I know is the stock one is secured by a screw at the top and bottom directly into the receiver, cheers 🤙

@TomFarrington97 It should be standard AEG threading underneath the rail judging by the R8-L parts diagram.

Remove the upper from the lower of the gun - remove the inner barrel/hop unit.

Then you remove the upper and lower set-screws(2) and slide the rail off:

image.png.63558c9209c3c19579694edf4fd9dfbc.png

Then remove the outer barrel by undoing the two grub screws(4) on the silver barrel stub-thing:

image.png.6e178d50047aef892f622787bb81b8e4.png

Then you need to remove the barrel nut (1):

image.png.9978dd8d998c311352f15e364b8fefdc.png

Once done, the mounting block (2) and the outer barrel stub-thing (3) can be removed. Problem is, that barrel nut needs a special tool to remove, or a bit of lateral thinking...

According to this old thread - you can use Allen keys wedged into the barrel nut to remove it.

If you or any of your friends have a 3d printer, you can print this to remove the nut.

One the nut is removed, the mounting block/outer barrel stub will come off, and you are left with standard threads:

image.png.c89e94b9e6560a5f93de7bc34dc53842.png

If you want a cheap rail - AliExpress is a good place. 'Fireclub' Keymod rails can be had for about £20 posted (I've had 2 and they are good for the money), and should fit just fine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.