Mp5's

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Apologies if it's been asked a 100 times but I've been considering picking-up an MP5 AEG to chuck in the car as a back-up. Doesn't need to be spectacular, more looking for a workhorse that can take some abuse. As such I'm not looking at anything high-end.

Any recommendations?

10 minutes ago, BigStew said:

CYMAs are TM clones perfectly good work horses but might be hot.

I like their "blue" range on taiwangun 🤔

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Phwoar, check out the internals on that.

FB2951(43).JPG

All I can see is that there are bearings on the spring guide and I had to pay extra for that with my Scorpion Evo, so must be good!

I kinda regret selling my Marui MP5K High Cycle. It was awesome in almost every way but was unusable at my local woodland site, as at 250fps it literally took ten or more shots to peoples plate carriers before they called it.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, BigStew said:

CYMAs are TM clones perfectly good work horses but might be hot.

Not all of them. The CM.04x series are based on VFC designs. Scratch that, I thought we were talking about AKs for a second there

Holy Mary sweet mother! I just did a chrono. 355 to 365 FPS!! What an Earth was I on in those days to build this beast. I honestly thought it was 325 to 330 coz that was the limit in those days. Looks like a spring change is coming. I’d better google how to crack this baby open. 

31 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I've got a couple of JG MP5s and they are stupidly good for the money. Most recent one even has an adjustable spring guide which is handy. 

Oh cool, are they polymer or metal bodied?

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Nick G said:

I've got a couple of JG MP5s and they are stupidly good for the money. Most recent one even has an adjustable spring guide which is handy

My JG G36C has that, and yes, it's a great idea.  Maybe 25fps of adjustment range, lets you compensate for spring weakening, tune yourself right up to the site limit, or come in comfortably under it as you choose.  They aren't advertising it on the stock available now though, which is curious.  Why drop such a handy feature, unless it's to save a Yuan or two?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.