New to the Sport Need Gun Help.

Andy-C94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm Andrew 25 and from Newcastle I'm getting Into airsoft thanks to a friend at work. I am looking at getting my first AEG since buying my 1911, I am a big AK fan and have seen the Nuprol Romeo series for the Ak's Nomad & Recon I believe, does anyone have one of these or had hands on with one? If anyone could tip me a certain way for buying a gun im all ears. Love this design and very nearly bought it but can't find a huge amount of reviews on it haven't got my heart set and looking for a solid Metal rifle.

Thanks in Advance guys!

• Supporters

You want a budget ak its gotta be jg or cyma

You want something more solid (ie steel) then lct or e&l although i picked up an lct recently and i'm not entirely enthused at some elements of the quality/design compared to e&l's offerings.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Andy-C94 said:

Nuprol

Hard nope.  I've avoid anything Nuprol branded except BBs and maybe batteries (but you can get them for less from HobbyKing).

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

You want something more solid (ie steel) then lct or e&l

No love for the metal CYMAs?  I don't have one (yet), but I thought we were loved up about the CM.04X range?

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

No love for the metal CYMAs?  I don't have one (yet), but I thought we were loved up about the CM.04X range?

I live under a rock, theyre doing steel recievers now?

If the bluing is decent then that sounds like a damn fine option on paper.

Its generally considered that E&L or LCT do the nicest externals but if budget is a consideration then a metal CYMA will satisfy most needs unless you're a stickler for minute details.

JG seem to be producing decent AEG's lately too so also worth a look.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Have you played yet? If not I recommend renting till you have your defence so that you won't have to get a 2 tone gun. This will also give you a better idea about what suits your playing style. For example while I like the look of the G3 and SLR, I like being a sneaky bugger so SMGs and carbines suit me better. 

If you're set on an AK then I second the CYMA ones

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I live under a rock, theyre doing steel recievers now?

"Metal" ;)

Pretty solid user reports:

2 hours ago, Andy-C94 said:

not a nuprol AK so Anything around the £200 mark you'd suggest?

Not a Nuprol anything, especially not chargers.

Again with the caveat that I don't own one (yet), but I'd go for any of the CM.04X series, i.e. CM.040, CM.045, CM.048.  They'll all perform much the same, just pick whatever furniture you prefer, being aware that a solid stock gives you more battery options (and mosfet options if you decide to upgrade that way).

Depending on your defence, how you intend get one and how long you're willing to wait, you can go for a UK seller like PatrolBase, or take a punt on the Polish seller TaiwanGun which comes in a bit cheaper.  But watch out for extra postage (but no import duty), about a week to deliver, and be aware that CYMAs come hot at over 400fps so you need to go for a specific low powered version or let them know that you want it powered down to about 1J / 330fps.

https://www.taiwangun.com/products/search/language:eng?q=cm.04

Anything you buy from a decent UK seller like PatrolBase should already be shooting under 350fps.

You can get get plastic bodied CYMA AKs for very low prices and they'll work just fine, but they don't have the heft and hand appeal.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"Metal" ;)

ahh yes, i keep forgetting they do plastic reciever ones too.

as a general rule i assume the person asking is wanting a metal reciever on an ak.

they're the rental gun of choice on a lot of sites for good reason.

i must admit though, jg's ebb offerings are damn fine guns, the blowback is weak as hell and liable to break but it can be removed and goddamn if the box doesn't run silky smooth.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

jg's ebb offerings are damn fine guns

And also robust rental favourites. I keep forgetting that they do more than Hun Guns, but they have some very affordable AKs as well.

I think the rental gun I first used was a metal JG0509, and very solid it was too: https://gunfire.com/en/products/jg0509mg-carbine-replica-1152189392.html

EBB starts at just £107 plus postage, if it were in stock: https://gunfire.com/en/products/jg1011-replica-1152192894.html

[DESIRE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RESTOCK DATES INTENSIFIES]

Also pretty new to the sport, I brought the CM.045 from TaiwanGun and it's been great for both woodland and CQB with the folding stock;

I actually brought the ~£118 version, but then recently brought the wood furniture 🙂

cm45.jpg

cm45a.jpg

I had one of the Cyma's apart recently for a spring change, really impressed TBH, gearbox internals were pretty decent and the reciever felt very robust 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Andy-C94 said:

Nice thanks for all the info would you say taiwangun and gunfire are the best site to buy stuff for the UK?

They're fine, just factor in the postage costs, the extra they charge for PayPal (very naughty, several of us have cried foul, but PayPal don't care), that you'll want to be very clear that you need the gun downgraded to under 350fps, and any extra time needed to two-tone it if you don't have a UKARA number. But if you're not in a hurry you can save a bit over (e.g.) PatrolBase.

However, if you want it sooner, and don't want to gamble on Border Farce getting stroppy, then UK sellers are fine, you'll just generally pay a little more.

Taiwangun and Gunfire are the go-to places for good prices but generally for larger orders because of the postage costs.

Definitely have to remember to ask for power downgrade unless you plan to do it.

'BBGuns4less' can also be an option if you know EXACTLY the model you want and check the details.

Then keep it in your shopping basket for 24hrs to get 7% discount.

I think 'OnlyBBGuns' are affiliated but not sure if they have the same discount option. (I think they only do painted ones anyway) (IF's)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.