SAS style loadout

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is the loadout I thinking of going with, kind of SAS/RMC type loadout, trying to keep costs down so nothing flashy (I have most of the stuff already from ACF)

Head: DPM Boonie hat and a green shmegh or balaclarva with some clear glasses

Top: Olive T-shirt is hot or a DPM UBACS, might use a combat jacket if its cold

Vest: Viper SA Assault Vest, DPM

Bottom: DPM Trousers with DPM drop leg holster

Boots: Magnum Assault Boots, Black

Other: Assault Gloves, DPM Knee pads

Any ideas of what to add and what you think would be great!

well at least your not like:

OMG THATS NOT SAS, SAS WEAR BLACK STUFF, I SAW IT IN CoD4!

haha, yea, I've done my research and know they wear camo in place where camo is good!

haha, yea, I've done my research and know they wear camo in place where camo is good!

Isn't that a given though becasue they don't want to be waltzing round somewhere snowy in all black gear, if they need camo they get camo suited to the occasion

Isn't that a given though becasue they don't want to be waltzing round somewhere snowy in all black gear, if they need camo they get camo suited to the occasion

Yea I know its just a lot of people assume the SAS just wear black because they do in CoD4 a lot

What I think would look cool would be a Black vest (or webbing, complete novice so I don't know what things are called), Black Helmet, if you were one, or black face mask and then everything else like a woodland sort of theme, more dark colours not greens etc, more browny. I think that would look pretty sweet, you'd have to get a gas mask though, its on COD 4

Wasn't the point of the loadout to be...not like CoD? :P

Yes Zak!!! I point was to get it accurate to the REAL SAS or RMC

• Supporters

whats the era for the loadout? anything pre MTP they wouldnt be wearing DPM unless it was the 80's

Just to let you know this is an expensive loadout. :P might wanna stick to PMC / marines / general wear whatever you want.

but SAS, these are the best of the best, there not gonna have cheap kit and they wont be wearing British camo put it that way.

modern era, but pre MTP as that stuff is too expensive atm. I know they wear the best but I don't really have thatkind of budget. And a lot of the SAS still do wear DPM on occation

• Supporters
modern era, but pre MTP as that stuff is too expensive atm. I know they wear the best but I don't really have thatkind of budget. And a lot of the SAS still do wear DPM on occation

yeah but its not that common,

as for the vest you will want a RAV or decent chestrig with under armour on.

as for weapon, L119A1 and P226.

its come down a lot in price now actually, what gun do you have?

No point doing an SAS loadout without the correct gun etc...

I know but I have already got the DPM from ACF so it would be pointless to waist it!

I don't have a rifle yet as I'm very new to the sport. I'm going to go skirmish a couple of times first just to make sure its for me (don't want to fork out £100+ on a gun the decide its not for me) but I do love military type milsim games so i'm sure i'll love.

Its annoying though I can't go until term finishes :(

I want to get a L85 or M4 though

yeah but its not that common,

as for the vest you will want a RAV or decent chestrig with under armour on.

as for weapon, L119A1 and P226.

I've had a look at the RABs but I need something that I can use for cadets aswell so will want something that can carry a lot of stuff without paying loads!

I do like the L119A1 but I would props prefer a L85 just cuz i'm used to them from ACF.

As for the pistol I do like the P226 but I've always been a Colt 1911 guy :D

• Supporters
(don't want to fork out £100+ on a gun the decide its not for me)

I would props prefer a L85 just cuz i'm used to them from ACF.

Urmm.... your looking at £250+ for one of those...

TBH, if you dont have the right guns, you might as well not do the loadout.

I've seen some for less but I don't mind getting it second hand as long as its good condition

yea, I will depend entirely on what gun I end up getting, I just don;t want to be drapped in DPM like everyone else looking like a infantryman so was enquiring ways I could get it a bit more spec opsy, Thats why I'm not going to wear my combat jacket.

I don't like the waist type webbing always prefered assault vests.

Does anyone know any good RAV type vests in DPM for under £100???

I have seen some SAS use the L85s, not a lot but some :) I'm also going on the fact spec ops tend to use what they want. But I not leaving the 1911, love that pistol :D

I may end up going for a more para type deal if I have to fork out the big bucks!

EDIT: one of my topics is a "hot topic" tee hee!

In that case, you might want to try a 'PMC' style loadout

Did think about the PMC but decided its hard to make it look good, would prefer to settle for a para/RMC look then a PMC

Do you guys think it would work if i went for a para look rather then SAS, would like to go more SAS with it though so any more (unpricey) tips would be great

• Supporters

Quick hint, google sas, and google para regiment, should give you a clue as to what most people would 'expect' to see ;)

already have, the thing is I don't want the classic CoD4 SAS look with the gas mask ect... more modern theatre look.

Having another look its not all that different, that paras wear more issued kit then the SAS bu they do also wear DPM and DDPM aswell, I might go for more Irag era so DPM was used a bit more. I'll try get some photos up of what my kit currently looks like (obviously missing a few bits)

• Supporters

Yeh post what you got, and I'll see where I can help you out.

If you'd rather go with the l85 then I'll focus on making it a para loadout ;)

yea I'll do it as soon as i get home this weekend

Archived