New Zed Adventures CQB Site - 'Z-mart' in Newbury

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 10/10/2020 at 22:48, alxndrhll said:

It's a bunch of cursed RIFs from Luke's backlog dangling from the ceiling isn't it? Terrifying.

It's all the people who messaged him about their RIF's and followed-up five minutes later with "hello!??!?!?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So yeah, interesting place.

Safe zone's decent of course, as you'd expect, though you have to go through the game zone to get to the toilets which I found a tad awkward not knowing the layout.  It's bigger than I expected though, I'd say there was enough room for the number of players involved.

Was myself and 4 others attending, just me and 1 other with own gear.  Couldn't tell what brand the rental guns were, they were brand new and seemed to work just fine, but my biggest complaints would probably be the ancillaries supplied with them.  My mate's batteries died on them a couple of times each within the space of a few hours which obviously impinged on their play somewhat.  I know for 100% fact this wasn't due to the number of shots fired as the regular rental package includes (and this blows my mind) a single hi-cap fill of bbs.  There were a lot of dudes running around in there will hosed-up hi-capas and god knows how many rounds on them, I'd say a good 1/3 of players were full on speedsoft and some were blatting away at super rapid rates of fire - I took a 5-6 shot string that raked up the entire side of my torso in under half a second at one point.  A couple of hundred shots to last many hours of play in there is a joke and I'm really bloody glad the 2 of us who were walk-ons had way more ammo than we'd need so we could help out our friends.  Otherwise it's like birthday paintball where they know damn well you'll burn those '100 free' in no time and defo have to buy more.  Not a setup I've encountered in airsoft before.

Couple of other key points if you're going to attend.  Not knocking the site for either, just advice.

-Some areas are literal blind man's world, make very sure you have a light of some kind.

-Regular goggles/glasses cannot withstand the orders of magnitude increase in fogging from the covid mask you're required to wear at all times, mesh would be extremely strongly advised.  Or try out different lower face coverings and bring something that most definitely directs breath from your nose in a downwards direction.

Initial brief was extremely long, which I'd have been fine with if between-games ones weren't dragged out unnecessarily which imho they were on at least one occasion.  Chrono was also super slow, which I get being a brand new place and the added time with the covid restrictions, but I hope they can do something about it in future.  Still a good physical location overall and car parking in the kennet was a piece of cake - site entrance is literally next to the road you drive in to the car park.

I'd go again given the location and physical game area, but most likely not until the rona has simmered down and they've smoothed out the whole running of the place a bit further.

• 6 months later...

So, it looks like they're opening again post the second lock-down at the start of June 2021.

I've been looking for an indoor site local to me for a while now, primarily due to the constant rain we've had in the south recently, and Z-Mart looks perfect (plus it sounds like I should fit in well with my AAP-01, drum mag and tracer).

Edit: Well, that's odd, in that their website now looks different to how it did this morning and the dates in their calendar have vanished 🤨

Edited by Fatboy40

Their dates are properly up now, and two tickets booked.

Gonna' be weird going pew pew in somewhere I've shopped in 😆

• 2 weeks later...

I know that "Latest News" is probably not the best place for this, however looking at the video below...

... from only a week ago am I and my son going to be screwed if we go there without torches on our guns? (we've already got tracer units and BB's, but I think without torches we're doomed)

3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

I know that "Latest News" is probably not the best place for this, however looking at the video below...

... from only a week ago am I and my son going to be screwed if we go there without torches on our guns? (we've already got tracer units and BB's, but I think without torches we're doomed)

Just eat loads of 🥕's. 

But yes the future looks gloomy for you without 🔦's.

👍

Regards 

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a full on, but really good, few hours and my youngest son and I are totally knackered out (lots of up and down stair wells) but very happy 😁

We played today, Saturday games open up at 12:00, start around 13:00, and finish at 18:00. Including us only 10 of 35 tickets were sold, but to be honest I think this probably made for a far better game as with a sell out people would have just camped and spammed the trigger. Sneaking around pitch black rooms and corridors between the low lit areas, being wary of shadows, and not knowing if that shape you see is a green or yellow team member made things exciting and tense.

With things being at times very close encounters I've never had so many, and so big, bruises 😆 (I've a whopper on my forehead)

The marshals were very friendly and a good laugh, people took their hits and the site shop is very good with the usual plus loads of RIF's to buy as well (and my son's now an AAP-01 owner too).

Edit: I thought I'd just say, like others on this thread have, that fogging of goggles was really bad for me (I do huff and puff a bit though, I'm not fit) and it was for my teenage son. At times for me it was so bad that I'm thinking of buying an ExFog unit.

Edited by Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.