New Zed Adventures CQB Site - 'Z-mart' in Newbury

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

This is why I'm not going, I don't want stop all airsofters falling under this category.

Alternatively, paying to get shot with hard plastic BBs surely qualifies as some sort of mental condition.

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

They are back on again - check Facebook

Made other arrangements so can no longer go, super frustrated about the u turn but they are staying open so will try to book for another week.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Made other arrangements so can no longer go, super frustrated about the u turn but they are staying open so will try to book for another week.

Mmm, I was this >< close to making alternative arrangements for Sunday before we got the good word today.

It must be an absolute mare for sites at the moment seeing the "THOU SHALT NOT!" pronouncements and then having to chase up Councils and such to go through "Perhaps thou shalt, but only if you answer me these question three ere the permission slip you see".

As long as they can find some way of staying open, I'm going to be making an effort to support them through this winter.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread. My better half has actually shown an interest in attending and I’d love for her to get the bug!

If they can run a sustained series of games with the current regs, I’ll doff my cap to them and explain to the wife it’s safe to have a crack!

(That way I could actually be honest about how many guns I actually have...)

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Alternatively, paying to get shot with hard plastic BBs surely qualifies as some sort of mental condition.

Don't...for some bizarre reason I tried explaining the concept to an 80 year old relative and she came to the conclusion that we're all the hype-aggressive types akin to Begbie from Transpotting (Scottish reference added for you).

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

(That way I could actually be honest about how many guns I actually have...)

Never,never ever come clean about the gear you have. Careless talk costs wives!

Imagine if she tells her mates,they tell theirs and boom!! Next thing you know we are all in the divorce courts. Doh!

Dont do it for all our sakes...

🤭😉

Regards 

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Amen to that lol.I have often questioned my sanity 🤪

Opinion is divided on this site, speaking to players today and seeing stuff online people feel it should not be open and others saying you cannot socially distance and it’s probably not safe.

however, I still want to play, and will make my own mind up. I don’t mind the non socially distance thing and wearing a mask while playing but appreciate others and some mates feel it’s a bit risky.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

people feel it should not be open

I don't think it should be, according to the plain wording of the current law.

and others saying you cannot socially distance

There is no chance that people (or extended households) are staying 2m apart at all times once "game on" is shouted.

and it’s probably not safe

Well, that's where opinions can vary.  Exactly the same applies to (ironically enough ) Biohazard up here, yet I'm playing tomorrow.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not playing at the moment.  But on the other hand, I'm not going to see your granny after playing, so please don't judge me either.

We'll all have to just muddle through this as best we can.

Simply put, we will be doing limited rentals at Z-Mart & by limited I mean a couple per event.

We'll not be running post apocalypse or zombie events, it's still a huge misconception that we did at the mall - we did two zombie events ever & no post apocalypse airsoft ever... lol.

As for covid related fluff, we spent literally hours on the phone with the 'main man' at West Berkshire Council in the "oh fuck, it's covid related" department & with all of the precautions we've pit in place including a separate covid briefing, we're well within their 'guidelines'.

The stance on social distancing doesn't actually mean that people can't walk past each other or 'tag' one another so long as other precautions are put in place.

I've learnt a hell of a lot on the subject & it's pretty interesting.

The thing to remember is it's all 'guidelines' not so much 'rules' so to be honest the best thing people can do is contact their local council & chat with them - it's what they're there for.

Luke

On 25/09/2020 at 18:53, Shamal said:

Never,never ever come clean about the gear you have. Careless talk costs wives!

Imagine if she tells her mates,they tell theirs and boom!! Next thing you know we are all in the divorce courts. Doh!

Dont do it for all our sakes...

🤭😉

Regards 

A team mate hasn’t played for a number of years due to breeding, and is currently sorting through their gear for what’s to be kept, valuation to sell on and buying more for a come back.

He’s having to remember to keep his mouth shut when he prices up a gun and his wife keeps commenting on how well he chose his guns that they are worth as much (and more) then he ‘paid’ originally.

• Supporters

Booked in myself and 4 work mates for the evening of the 22nd, see you there if anyone's attending.  Been waiting for something like this to open that's close-ish and runs on week nights ever since the mall shut.

Anyone got some feedback now on the best parking spots?  Least distance/cost and most likely to have spaces?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
9 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Anyone got some feedback now on the best parking spots?  Least distance/cost and most likely to have spaces?

During the week I think the multistorey at the Kennet itself is only £2 for the evening (after 6pm).

But if you're going on a Saturday or Sunday, it's worth finding the new Train station car park which is just opposite the Kennet and only a 2 minute walk to the entrance of Zed.

When I played the Sunday. It was great. Damn near empty, like no one knew it existed and it's literally opposite the centre.

It's £4.40 for a whole day of parking.
Much cheaper than the Kennet.

V26bQOs.jpg

The Zed entrance is in the top left, where Edward Reis is.

But see where the red marker is, there an automotive parts shop and you just drive up there and it's on the right. Literally directly opposite Nandos.

It's not on any map or parking website at the moment. It's a hidden secret 😁

This is what you'll see if you're driving towards it from the A339.

Nandos is on the right.

bIi50y0.jpg

This is what the street in question looks like as though you're stood on the path outside Nandos

jVbZSkv.jpg

Drive past the motorist discount centre all the way to the end

2WBEMVy.jpg

And at the end there's a right turn.

At the moment Google shows a row of houses, but pretty much all of these have been demolished and there's a lovely new car park

ZI02kOp.jpg

Pay and display and you're good to go :)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, Tigerhawk88 said:

Lewis are you gonna be there tomorrow? I'm going with my dad and wondered if any other AFUK members will be there :)

I'm not I'm afraid pal.

I'm mostly going to be there on Thursday nights with the odd weekend appearance.

46 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm not I'm afraid pal.

I'm mostly going to be there on Thursday nights with the odd weekend appearance.

That's a shame! Will post tomorrow how it went, thanks for the parking tips!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.