New Zed Adventures CQB Site - 'Z-mart' in Newbury

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I haven’t looked at the parking options yet. Once I have played I will either try to book any available game or avoid the place.

Also depends on the drive. Will be an early start for a Sunday for me :( 

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I haven’t looked at the parking options yet. Once I have played I will either try to book any available game or avoid the place.

Also depends on the drive. Will be an early start for a Sunday for me :( 

Kennet shopping centre. Multistorey, not far from it at all. Free on a Sunday 

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Organised sports events they say are ok. But I reckon even they will get clobbered. 

Mmm, we'll need to see the details on that one.  Nippy Sturgeon will doubtless double down and ban us Scotch folk from even looking at ourselves in a mirror. :(

52 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I read it on here, http://www.kennetshopping.co.uk/kennet/facilities/parking.html

Maybe its wrong who knows

16 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

From Negative Airsoft's FB

"If you want a £5 discount on a Saturday midday - 6pm game, just email [email protected] with the phrase "Negative Airsoft thinks I'm a cunt" & the Saturday you'd like to attend & we'll sort you out."

😄

I have been called worse for free so fuck yeah im claiming the discount! 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm quite proud to announce that I was the first ever death at the new site. I was the sole attacker against everyone else in the maiden game (when you're hit you join the attackers). This game was a struggle to get a kill with only my USP on me! Definitely taking an SMG next time! :D

What was the issue? Just mag capacity?

I sometimes play at Battle Lakes and I know there they don't allow drum or box mags on anything other than a support gun, so I'm wondering if they'd be alright with a 350 round drum on my AAP-01 🤔

• Mostly Retired Moderators
22 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

What was the issue? Just mag capacity?

Somewhat.

The main issue was mostly 15 guys immediately looking in my direction all with very fast fingers on Semi-Automatic M4s :D

And me with my 4x 25rnd USP magazines, I was trying not to spam the trigger much, if at all.

I was worried I'd be the only attacker for about 30 minutes!

Photos of upstairs:

Y38fqRi.jpg

l0sJgys.jpg

Y5a8jgp.jpg

wxCW2bD.jpg

t5b0Wjc.jpg

C2cJzwI.jpg

QLS837h.jpg

vYJCFKy.jpg

lzdxh7t.jpg

Then we come downstairs (these stairs are used in game but also serve as the entrance/exit to the site):

P7iIqqU.jpg

6C6yCxh.jpg

zeKCN2y.jpg

dK7YC75.jpg

AwmRNa7.jpg

I don't want to post too many photos and ruin the fun and surprise of finding the hiding spots in person.

But it's good.

It's The Mall we know and love condensed into one third of the size.

Now.. let's just hope that no one there had Covid-19 🥺

• Supporters

Sounds ace.    That floor, so pristine, no puddles, decomposing pigeons or piles of BBs in every corner!

Any news on what sort of hours and events they're going to be able to sustain?

I mean, if Lockdown 2: Exponential Boogaloo doesn't get them.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Any news on what sort of hours and events they're going to be able to sustain?

They're running:

• Every Sunday - 8:30-4:00
  • Every Thursday Evening - 6:30pm - 11:00
  • Every Saturday Mid-day - 12:00 pm - 6:00

Sundays are £30.

Thursday/Saturday are £25.

Ben did say yesterday they'd run any other day of the week and at any time for private events if you can find 20 players.

14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Random question:- how long is the Safety Brief? Asking for a friend....😜

Ours went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on an.....well it was long..I had to be woken up..twice!

😒😒

Regards 

7 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Over the weekend I helped out with building (Translation: Holding bits of wood while someone drilled them) and clearing (Heaving bits of metal and wood out of the way) and Played on the Sunday.

The amount of dust I was covered in once I got back Saturday was impressive! 🤣

Really good first day and felt like a return to the mall. I do have to disagree it smells like the mall, more the smell of fresh cut wood right now 😜

Looks great and only an hour from me. 

There's no free dates for the full day left and no future dates on the booking page, assume they will add some post new Covid info tomorrow night? 

Well I was booked for Saturday but they have now closed thanks to covid so you were VERY lucky to get a game. And I’m still unhappy you didn’t get my name on the list for the first game :P 

On 23/09/2020 at 23:06, Albiscuit said:

Well I was booked for Saturday but they have now closed thanks to covid so you were VERY lucky to get a game. And I’m still unhappy you didn’t get my name on the list for the first game :P 

They are back on again - check Facebook

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

They are back on again - check Facebook

That's good news but very surprising.

The current regs are now a hugely amended convoluted mess: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/684/regulation/5

But it's not hard to parse out the relevant part:

"During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering which consists of more than six people unless the gathering is an outdoor sports gathering or a permitted indoor sports gathering, and the person concerned is taking part in that gathering.

a “permitted indoor sports gathering” is a gathering which is organised for the purposes of allowing persons who have a disability and who are not elite sportspersons to take part in any sport or other fitness related activity"

Hmm, I see they've been talking to the council about it.  That's going to be cold comfort if a Corona Karen grasses them up (likely), and a copper who's actually read the law (OK, less likely) shows up.  The organisers could have a bad day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.