New Zed Adventures CQB Site - 'Z-mart' in Newbury

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Dollah though.  The Depot run https://www.icombat.com/ laser-pew in a subsection that's kept better swept up.  Once you're paying the overheads, you might as well be using the place as not.

Guess it depends on the space available. Red Alert (granted it's woodland) run low power paintball for the kiddie-winks, often at the same time as the airsoft is running (in a different part of the site).

I just can't see Luke not swearing his head off at kids (although it would amuse me to see him try)!

5 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

By heck, parking ain't cheap though...

Up to six hours £7.20

Up to eight hours £8.70

Over eight hours £12

Indeed. The venue is within reasonable travel distance for me to play, but once you factor parking, it's a tad on the expensive side.

Hopefully the quality of the venue itself would make it a worthwhile trip.

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

Indeed. The venue is within reasonable travel distance for me to play, but once you factor parking, it's a tad on the expensive side.

Hopefully the quality of the venue itself would make it a worthwhile trip.

Same here.

Its about a 45-60 min drive (so same ish as RIFT) but by the time you add £12 parking, lunch, petrol etc it starts to add up. Will prob try the 3rd or 4th game once some kinks are ironed out.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
15 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

By heck, parking ain't cheap though...

Up to six hours £7.20

Up to eight hours £8.70

Over eight hours £12

I'm going to park in the Newbury station car park. £4.40 for the whole day and a only a 0.3 mile walk away.

Screenshot_20200906_192736.jpg

Screenshot_20200905_230857.jpg

It does mean that I'm trying to think of a way to fit all my kit and guns into a backpack though.

33 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm going to park in the Newbury station car park. £4.40 for the whole day and a only a 0.3 mile walk away.

It does mean that I'm trying to think of a way to fit all my kit and guns into a backpack though.

Drop it there then come back after parking

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Therein lies the rub.

A 1/3rd of a mile isn't much, but that's 10 minutes walking through public streets lugging airsoft gear, without trying to attract the attention of the general public while doing so.

I'd rather park as close as possible to the venue, even if it costs 7-8 quid more, to reduce the risk. That, and I'm a lazy fucker.

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

image.png.889357566501fda74253b143be6ecdab.png

If you can kick your walk distance to 0.5 miles, Queen's Road always has plenty of on-street parking imo as well as the area around it.

E: Also the Burger King/Halfords car park is 2 hours max - but no ANPR and I've left my car there all day quite a few times

14 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Surely just park on Cheap Street?.....I'll see myself out.

On 05/09/2020 at 22:13, L3wisD said:

Booking calender is open!

http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/calendar/

Managed to bag the very last available spot for the opening day. Well chuffed.

Anyone else going?

FFS, no. Missed this :(  

Will have a look at the next date I can get on

As keen as I am for a Mall Mk2 I think we all need to acknowledge that the gaming experience will not be the same in anyway (bar the long briefs :) ) The site looks really open and will probably require a lot of set dressing to make it into a CQB arena. I imagine in fullness of time it being something akin to some of the American style CQB arenas that are built within a warehouse complex.  Will be interesting to see how it develops.  I will be waiting out for the reports back.

2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Saturday 26th, for me..

Anyone else there on that day?

Me funnily enough! :D

• Supporters

270 mile round trip for me, so I'll hold out for a few reviews before I commit, makes me knees hurt just thinking about it lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.