New Zed Adventures CQB Site - 'Z-mart' in Newbury

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Looks good from the pic - been trying to rack my brains for what the location could be - can't think of too many out of use retail buildings in Reading at the moment.

E: Ones that have an escalator at least!

Zed run throughout the south east so might not even be anywhere near Reading tbh. As long as its less than 2 hours from me im happy! 

Oh and it IS CQB, thanks to the detective skills from Lewis it certainly looks it. Maybe @ImTriggerHappy might be able to shed a little more light?

I saw the "news coming soon" alert but the background certainly could be a tease into it... Will wait and see, I have been waiting for the schools and office block in Kent to open and they have been promised for a long time so I am not holding my breath, although Luke did say when The Mall closed he was actively looking for a site, so its been a long time coming, I doubt he would put this out without certainty of it happening. But who knows right now!

It looks like that image is a video capture so video reveal soon?

I was hoping this thread might be...shedding more light on the site after I saw the teaser but back to waiting heh.

Sadly there doesn't appear to be any hidden clues in the brightened  image.

wMqKJLs.jpg

I think it's an up escalator 

Or it could be a down escalator 

On the other hand......

Regards 

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Escalators in C&A were side by side iirc.

Yes, they were.

hmmm hopefully a shot of the new place then

• Supporters

Well, guess i finally have a reason to visit the UK again :D

21 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I hadn't seen this mentioned on here, that I can remember.

But Zed adventures posted this teaser on their facebook page last week.

In the picture we see an escalator and some officey/shop type interior. 

CQB ZED IS COMING BACK! I'm SO excited! 😁😁

Need to tag all the old Zed Regulars in here:

@Albiscuit @Robert James @ImTriggerHappy@Jedi_Master @christknows-theres-too-many-to-remember! 

VideoCapture_20200515-172425-2.jpg

Thanks for the tag, although, I'm not getting notifications pop up. If I hadn't have had a lurk I wouldn't have seen this 

Exciting. And @Albiscuit if you're talking about MrWilson s place, he put up something on fb recently

On 01/09/2020 at 16:38, L3wisD said:

There has been a massive lack of Zed type CQB in my life since The Mall

On 01/09/2020 at 16:38, L3wisD said:

I hadn't seen this mentioned on here, that I can remember.

But Zed adventures posted this teaser on their facebook page last week.

In the picture we see an escalator and some officey/shop type interior. 

Need to tag all the old Zed Regulars in here:

@Albiscuit @Robert James @ImTriggerHappy@Jedi_Master @christknows-theres-too-many-to-remember! 

VideoCapture_20200515-172425-2.jpg

I feel a song coming on and I just can't hide it!🎵🎶

Go to sleep you kids 😄

Regards 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

I grew up in Newbury, some background:

- The Kennet Centre is a shithole, the site owners have been desperate to get any form of new business in for a while

- The centre is still in use for retail, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a ban on pyro/BFGs

- The car park next to the site is in heavy use by Newbury residents, it's one of the main urban car parks. I would be worried about twats turning up without securing their kit properly etc, worried people calling in the police.

Either way, really good to see! Will be getting down there ASAP.

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I grew up in Newbury, some background:

- The Kennet Centre is a shithole, the site owners have been desperate to get any form of new business in for a while

- The centre is still in use for retail, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a ban on pyro/BFGs

- The car park next to the site is in heavy use by Newbury residents, it's one of the main urban car parks. I would be worried about twats turning up without securing their kit properly etc, worried people calling in the police.

Either way, really good to see! Will be getting down there ASAP.

Any idea of how big the Debenhams used to be? 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

Any idea of how big the Debenhams used to be? 

Yeah it's "pretty big" - I couldn't give you square footage but iirc it was the biggest unit in the centre.

The best mall comparison I can think of is that it's the C&A of the Kennet Centre - but bigger.

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Yeah it's "pretty big" - I couldn't give you square footage but iirc it was the biggest unit in the centre.

The best mall comparison I can think of is that it's the C&A of the Kennet Centre - but bigger.

This is the only "Map" I could find with it in. I am guessing it is 2 Floors going by the blurry text. 

image.thumb.png.e8d5bd390fc4989c66c2f0734d4c2759.png

As someone who is not keen on American Killhouse style CQB, I hope it's not small enough for it to only ever be American killhouse style! 

I also agree, no bangs, no smoke and funny looks whilst rocking up in all black!

But I cant wait to give it a go!

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

It's definitely big enough for a decent run around, but it's not going to be like the Friar's Walk mall. Being a department store, it's mostly open with some shelving, some counters for perfume etc. - so some set dressing will be required. Hopefully some properly opaque walls instead of netting!

E: Directly to the right of the car park is TK Maxx - *roughly* the same square footage of Debenhams. Here's a poor quality pic to give you an impression of that size:

682196_QKMNrS8RrVUaIHbXrP-uQnW1yE0E-7xaa

Ooh my sister lives in Newbury definitely be down for that. Maybe drag my brother in law along, that would be funny.

32 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

It's definitely big enough for a decent run around, but it's not going to be like the Friar's Walk mall. Being a department store, it's mostly open with some shelving, some counters for perfume etc. - so some set dressing will be required. Hopefully some properly opaque walls instead of netting!

A few OSB panels, some silver paint and a bit of steel and you have some Tarkov barricades

dtEGsDx.jpg

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Area is 3764 M2

3,217.27 m2 rateable area, £116,000 rateable value, £58,464 in rates (after 0.05% "reduction"), or £1,124 a week before they can pay another penny of costs let alone see a profit.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/business-rates-find/valuations/18932527000

5225658.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

3,217.27 m2 rateable area, £116,000 rateable value, £58,464 in rates (after 0.05% "reduction"), or £1,124 a week before they can pay another penny of costs let alone see a profit.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/business-rates-find/valuations/18932527000

5225658.jpg

Is non rateable area stuff like stairs/escalators and voids?

Edit: Or is it just Google maps inaccuracies?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.