Cyma Cm.098b DMR

imPieFace

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys just baught this little beauty without suppressor, but want to upgrade the internals and add a 130x35mm suppressor, but do I have to extend the inner barrel to meet the end of the suppressor, and also what do you guys recommend on the internal upgrades? 

• Supporters

Hey mate, no need to extend the barrel, it should be fine assuming everything is "straight" lol, & you might actually benefit from some sound suppression if the silencer is foam filled.

As for internals, don't do anything YET, there's a number of different editions of that rifle, with differing FPS, often dependent on where it's bought from, but luckily for you it has a quick change spring system so you can easily experiment with the FPS without upsetting anything else.

Cyma's can be very good straight from the box, & I'm a big believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it", in its current guise you may find it fills all your needs, only thing you need to be careful of is your sites dmr rules & also UK law as I'm not sure if your model has the ability to shoot full auto ?, if it does you may have to modify it for semi only .

Good luck👍

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Hey mate, no need to extend the barrel, it should be fine assuming everything is "straight" lol, & you might actually benefit from some sound suppression if the silencer is foam filled.

As for internals, don't do anything YET, there's a number of different editions of that rifle, with differing FPS, often dependent on where it's bought from, but luckily for you it has a quick change spring system so you can easily experiment with the FPS without upsetting anything else.

Cyma's can be very good straight from the box, & I'm a big believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it", in its current guise you may find it fills all your needs, only thing you need to be careful of is your sites dmr rules & also UK law as I'm not sure if your model has the ability to shoot full auto ?, if it does you may have to modify it for semi only .

Good luck👍

Thank you mate appreciate the help 

1 hour ago, imPieFace said:

Thank you mate appreciate the help 

See. You can't  get better than an airsoft softer.

They're the boys to trust! 😄

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

See. You can't  get better than an airsoft softer.

They're the boys to trust! 😄

<i-understood-that-reference.png>

You can absolutely, 100%, trust a Kwit Fit Fitter to fit you up a treat.  "Hello, mate, that's your puncture fixed, no charge for that, but I'm sorry to say your frange grobbler's gone bang out of alignment. That'll be £500, but the good news is I can get the part in today. To be honest, I can't let you drive it out in that condition, mate, it's a deathtrap, more than my job's worth to give you the keys back."

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<i-understood-that-reference.png>

You can absolutely, 100%, trust a Kwit Fit Fitter to fit you up a treat.  "Hello, mate, that's your puncture fixed, no charge for that, but I'm sorry to say your frange grobbler's gone bang out of alignment. That'll be £500, but the good news is I can get the part in today. To be honest, I can't let you drive it out in that condition, mate, it's a deathtrap, more than my job's worth to give you the keys back."

Haha. Like it. That's exactly what their training spiel would have been.

I did wonder if the catchphrase would have been picked up. Lol

Regards 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Shamal said:

That's exactly what their training spiel would have been.

I did wonder if the catchphrase would have been picked up

I did put my car in there for an MOT, once, when it had already run out and I couldn't get it in to my usual place.  How bad could it be?

They failed it on a broken exhaust bracket, sorry, mate, can't fix it, but we can replace the whole system, £500 if you give the go ahead straight away, could drop off at any time, mate.

I laughed them off and got it in to my usual garage 2 days later, who charged me £10 for a weld, and apologised because it was a 5 minute job, but their minimum billing was for 1/4 of an hour.

Then they comped me an MOT because, and I quote, "There's nothing else wrong with it, and we don't want you going back to those Kwik Fit footpads."

Yep trained goons using scare tactics.

Its good to find a small genuine motor mech and stay with them

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Its good to find a small genuine motor mech and stay with them

I've been sat in there waiting and listened in to their mechanics and office staff talking to each other, and to customers.

When you hear them calling folk up saying that the parts will be about £1.50 more than they originally quoted, and are they still OK to go ahead, you know you're in the right place.

Veering wildly back on topic, it reminds me of the way that Luke at Negative Airsoft works, never going over budget, and keeping the customer in the loop.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.