Swit Airsoft Import Fees

superwok

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has any one purchased from Swit Airsoft and if so how much extra did you pay on import fees? I have asked Swit Airsoft but they said they didn't know. 

If it helps, I'm looking at buying a WE MP5 A3 with an extra mag, costing around £350. 

Thanks

• Supporters

One thing I would note is that claims to be capable of 420fps / 1.63J and full auto, which makes it a Section 5 firearm.  It's not likely that Border Farce will know that, but it's worth being aware of.

This? https://www.switairsoft.com/product-page/upgraded-we-mp5a3-apache-airsoft-gbb-smg

Plus a 45 round mag comes to $375 which is only £280 at today's exchange rate, plus shipping.  Are they really charging £70 for that?

From here: http://www.shippo.co.uk/faqs/what-duties-and-taxes-will-i-have-to-pay/#VAT_Value_Adjust

With £70 shipping and 3.2% duty you're looking at another £83 being stolen from you in order to fund the people who are stealing it from you.

I'm guessing at the duty, e.g. https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/headings/9304 although it may be more like 2.7% if they class it as toys or exercise equipment.

Best of luck, this is why I've given up on importing stuff at retail prices if it attracts duty and VAT.

Charity begins at home. Buy local

Mwah!🤭

Regards 

1 hour ago, superwok said:

Has any one purchased from Swit Airsoft and if so how much extra did you pay on import fees? I have asked Swit Airsoft but they said they didn't know. 

If it helps, I'm looking at buying a WE MP5 A3 with an extra mag, costing around £350. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Mwah!🤭

Regards 

What Shamal said

Shop around in the UK, and perhaps Europe first.  Even if items aren’t listed pick a retailer and call/ email them.  Many will get items in (and they or their supplier deals with the importing)

Whenever their seems to be a cost saving it’s usually offset (or exceeded) by import VAT, import duty and carrier processing fees

Stick to importing when it really is something special

7 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

What Shamal said

Shop around in the UK, and perhaps Europe first.  Even if items aren’t listed pick a retailer and call/ email them.  Many will get items in (and they or their supplier deals with the importing)

Whenever their seems to be a cost saving it’s usually offset (or exceeded) by import VAT, import duty and carrier processing fees

Stick to importing when it really is something special

I have check with around 25 uk retails all that have quoted me a price of around £370 just for the stock SMG a couple of European sites but its over £430 so the import is the next option but I want to avoid paying those prices.  

15 minutes ago, superwok said:

I have check with around 25 uk retails all that have quoted me a price of around £370 just for the stock SMG a couple of European sites but its over £430 so the import is the next option but I want to avoid paying those prices.  

You could get both import duty and import vat, so an extra 20% and 2.7% or 3.2%

The carrier who take it through customs charge their handling fee which varies and coil be be £8 to £20 or more
Back in the day these would be charged on the invoiced item price only, but will now be charged on the full item and postage price, and either in accordance with the invoice / customs declaration or revalued by customs (its up to them and is a result of false declarations)

So your quoted price of £350 is heading towards the region of £450+

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The carrier who take it through customs charge their handling fee which varies and coil be be £8 to £20 or more

Urgh, I'd forgotten about that.  Muggers double-dipping on the job that they've already billed the sender for.

So, yup, I'd agree that it'll be another £100 on a £350 order. Which might make sense if it were protecting UK manufacturers, but there aren't any, so it's just robbery for the sake of it.

11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Urgh, I'd forgotten about that.  Muggers double-dipping on the job that they've already billed the sender for.

So, yup, I'd agree that it'll be another £100 on a £350 order. Which might make sense if it were protecting UK manufacturers, but there aren't any, so it's just robbery for the sake of it.

Sadly it doesn't help that even when it comes to the UK/EU it is yet another company which Nuprol handle distribution for and as a result the availability will be spotty at best along with the obligatory price gouging.

Im sure that milspec solutions sell that piece a or did a years ago. They might still have the option of bringing one in with other stock. Might be worth giving them a shout

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Im sure that milspec solutions sell that piece a or did a years ago. They might still have the option of bringing one in with other stock. Might be worth giving them a shout

Yeah but not yet, wait until 3am, & then send them another msg 20mins later 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2020 at 15:50, Shamal said:

Mwah!🤭

Regards 

As much as I agree man, I haven’t seen anything of desire at local shops in my area. They all go for cheap and cheerful stuff - had to literally source my ICS babies (new MP5 CES-P, HERA and PDW9 all with S3 mosfet) via Internet, all of them second hand because the only shop that ever had them was FireSupport and with the exception of HERA and they sold out within minutes never to be restocked as of yet... I want to support local but I also want good stuff... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.