Spring Changed Attempted by Noob Please Help!

Everz88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all at airsoft forum Uk!

brand new to the airsoft world (3 skirmishes deep) but really enjoying it! A colleague of mine gave me a rifle a think is a CM.515. Went to my local shop to see what FPS it was kicking out and was shooting around 420, I’ve attempted a spring change to bring it down, thought it had gone quite well but the BBs are now just about trickling out of the end, various google searches leading me to believe an air leak??? But would love for some one to break down in laymen’s terms the process of fault finding with it?  Even at the minute I seem to have failed!! Really enjoyed stripping the gun down! The rifle was free so although I would love to skirmish and get some use out of it it’s no massive loss if I break it during the process.

thanks in advance  

Probably didnt attach the tappet plate to the air nozzle. Or tappet plate spring. Look into the magwell where the BBs go into and pull the trigger. Do you see the nozzle moving back and forth?

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Probably didnt attach the tappet plate to the air nozzle. Or tappet plate spring. Look into the magwell where the BBs go into and pull the trigger. Do you see the nozzle moving back and forth?

Always watch a video first as it will show anything that might crop up for the gearbox. Take photos of each step, so you can use them for reference. I love Doing techy working On these things. You can do it and good luck!

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Thanks Asimodai! I don’t see anything moving so will disassemble and try again 

36 minutes ago, Damion said:

Always watch a video first as it will show anything that might crop up for the gearbox. Take photos of each step, so you can use them for reference. I love Doing techy working On these things. You can do it and good luck!

Great isn’t it!! Really enjoying it fingers crossed I get it back firing! 

• Supporters

Well done indeed - I thought the nozzle was ok as it was chambering bb's still

but there ya go, I thought wrong, somehow it was badly fitted to slip back n forth a bit to feed

but nozzle was way back from sealing on bucking lips and you lost nearly all energy

You did better than me, my first couple of attempts at opening up gearboxes did not go well

and by making a slight error, that you rectified yourself you have gained some experience/wisdom

well done once again sir & cheers for the update too btw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.