Krytac Pdw Good Enough for Woodland?

JS101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Im pretty sure the answer to this is “yes” but I want to reassure myself in the context of my local field (tried for first time today).

As per my post in the noobs forum a week or so ago, I’m returning to the sport after a good many years lay-off.

My local site was good fun with a good crowd and friendly folk which was great.

I had to hire obviously and it was a Nuprol Delta M4. Seemed perfectly serviceable though accuracy a little wild with the .25 bbs I had.

the field is made up of various woodland areas and a village.

the village is very compact indeed with small buildings all very close together.

the woodland is quite dense and frankly there wasn’t much open space much longer than 30 meters (that said I got sniped a few times!)

what really struck me was that it would seem to pay to have as short a barrel as possible - first because the village setting was clearly CQB and secondly frankly it was a bit tiring lugging a longer style rifle around all day without a sling.

if barrel length on the whole does not really make a difference - would I really find myself out ranged by other AEGs in woodland if I went with a PDW? (Which I really like the look of).

presumably one can always get a mock surpressor and longer inner barrel if needs be?

A PDW would be fine for 30m range assuming its well set up.

Shorter weapons certainly are more manageable.

I often use an MP5 or MP5K

Yes, you can get a longer barrel too but be aware that it has to match the cylinder volume to be effective.

Barrel length and hop unit are the same in the PDW(which I haven't got) as the Vector (which I have).
I've used the Vector extensively in woodland and it's awesome!
The only thing you maybe need to do is change the rubber, or flat hop it - other than that you're good to go.
The barrel is 155mm - doesn't sound like much. The barrel on my MK23 is 155mm too - and that wrecks in woodland 😄

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.