Custom M4 Project

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I am starting a custom M4 project (mainly externally on my G&G and then my G&P when I buy it) and I would like any ideas and feedback you may have...

I do not want to go for a common look but here are my ideas at the current moment...

Externally:

Magpul MOE Handguard (Already have, the postie delivered today :D)

STANAG or Canadian mags (STANAGS till I get the G&P as the G&G is terrible with feeding)

Magpul MOE Pistol grip

Flip up rear sight with standard front sight

EOtech replica

Either a full stock or modstock depending how larger batt the handguard can fit (yet to put it on gun)

Internally:

New hop-up as the cog on the current one likes to slip around during adjustment so its hard to get in perfect

Tightbore

Any other ideas would be appreciated but i dont want to go all magpul as 1. its common 2. the stock costs stupid amounts of money for a fancy peace of plastic

Thanks,

Mitchell

P.S i will press the 'Post new topic button this time as this is the 3rd time I have wrote this :rolleyes:)

• Supporters

You forgot the main reason to avoid magpul; Everytime a magpul'd gun is created for airsoft, God kills two kittens, two puppies and four beautiful women (or men, if you want men). Also, magpul made unicorns extinct, and unicorn tears cure cancer. Thanks magpul.

But otherwise, sounds alright, I struggle to see any difference between M4's nowadays; they've all been done to death that actually, the most unique ones are simple M4A1's maybe with RIS - but it sounds okay :)

Make sure you clean the barrel out with something like TCut before you put it in :D

You want Silicone spray.

I think i will go with the MM556 theory, G&G suck, get rid of G&G ;) also this is a copy of Albert kinda, Albert hates people with the same stuff as he. :P

No...you deaf person. Albert is making a custom gun too, he even made a topic about it!

anyway Finius knows about the technical stuff i just help him look smart :P

• Supporters
I do not want to go for a common look but here are my ideas at the current moment...

Externally:

Magpul MOE Handguard (Already have, the postie delivered today :D)

STANAG or Canadian mags (STANAGS till I get the G&P as the G&G is terrible with feeding)

Magpul MOE Pistol grip

Flip up rear sight with standard front sight

EOtech replica

Either a full stock or modstock depending how larger batt the handguard can fit (yet to put it on gun)

There's your problem. You just described the most common gun in airsoft.

If you want to go uncommon, forget the magpul, use vltor and other stuff, Daniel defense or noveske for example

most eotechs arent that good, even the g&p, if you want a good one go hurricane. The others are in my experience not that great.

Stocks, to get a unique look, your gonna have to shell out for a UBR, prs, socom or fab defense one.

If you want a unique m4 It wont come cheap.

Sorry for any spelling, im Standing on a train on my phome.. how's that for determination :P

• Supporters

Take it from me - you don't want to cut corners with this.

as marksman said, they don't come cheap for custom work - my M16 has cost me close to £600 and the only really fancy internal component is the ASCU

Eotechs though are very good, I would recommend them to everyone (if only to help people aim more and use semi as much as possible - more skilled) I can get you in touch with the guy I bought mine off on F&O's forums, if you want one, they are about £40 (i cant remember exactly) and have a snazzy eotech case.

@Zak i know, im not building one from scratch... just customizing

@Marcus I know that, but im saying, not stereotypical, hence no PMAG's MOE Stock etc. tbh the only magpul thing i like is the handguard, mvg and avg and i swear your gun has a magpul handguard anyway

@Dave i totally agree, although as you probably know, im 12, and getting that kinda money is very hard indeed, and the EOtech im looking at is £40 and i have a genuine EOtech case as home :P

@Everyone, I want to put a full stock on but i dont like the idea of taking my gearbox apart to rear wire it, unless i just use it for looks, and get a battery bag if need be... i would spend lots of money if i had it... and tbh im loving the new MOE handguard, anyone know any good, comfy, cheapish pistol grips? as i mainly want that for confort, not style...

EDIT: anyone know if zenith is any good? and if this grip is hollow to allow for motor? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...4c19f6059fa4fc5 i know its cheap, but it does look good...

He wasn't going for a Unique M4 though Mitchell ;) anyway it was an AFG also an Eotech case is pretty much useless.

Tango Down style grip.

• Supporters

Why I use Eotech's over other gun sights:

I am going to cover 3 types of scope here, 'Rifle scopes', 'Aimpoint' and 'Eotech' (although the latter two are brand names, we all know what they refer to - red dot and holographic respectively)

Rifle Scope - I use one on my VSR and a BEAST at that, 4-16*50 and the paralax goes to infinity (gotta love that), this type of scope is for precision shooting, which the VSR is for. putting it on an assault rifle is going to weigh it down and the large zoom on it means you cannot really use the rifle for ranges under 30m - which some AEG's stuggle with. added to that the 'tunnel vision' effect of closing one eye and using the other to look down a tube means you are easily flanked or cannot keep an eye on another target, quite handy whilst in battle.

Aimpoint - These look great on M4's with the angled mount, both eyes open means you effectively get a projection of the dot onto the target, it has no zoom so is easy to use in airsoft. but they are only a single dot, and have a small area the dot can appear on (typically 30mm lense) with a wide rim around the edge, so there is a distinct blind 'spot' (more of a circle, but whatever) about 3m-5m diameter around the target. also, as it is airsoft, you cannot guarantee the round will fly to exactly the dot everytime. and the dot is small, so finding the dot and placing it on the target quickly can be challenging to learn. they also typically use watch batteries, which are a pain to source.

Eotech - my personal favourite, they look great on ANYTHING, and there are enough styles for you to choose one to suit you (I use 552's, they take AA batteries and are fairly slimlined) they have a mount in them, so they are mounted low to the gun, means you just slap the stock onto your cheek and you are looking down the sight. The ones I use have 3 dots down the middle, with a circle around them intersected by 3 lines at the North, east and west positions. this allows for precise aiming with the single dot in the middle when you have the time to line it up, or in an ambush or surpised attack, you can just line the whole blob up to the enemy's chest and the gun will usually fill the area inside the circle with BB's.

The shield around the edge is fairly thin, so no blind spot occurs that could hide a man.

Iron sights - they do the job. When you have time to line up every shot, other than that I would only reccomend them as backup.

obviously, if you just spam the air with ammo, none of this matters to you, but to those who pride themselves in their skill level and not the number of batteries they can get though in a day (on sunday I watched a MASADA owner go through no less than 6 Pmags in about 3 minutes, and all he achieved was a distinct lack of ammo when the attackers outflanked him), I think this is a vital read.

• Supporters

I understand eotechs, but they look terrible on everything :P

And as above, don't cut corners, my g&p is at £555 i think and I havent done much with the internals either.... im thinking of giving up on it tbh, ill probably keep it as a back up.

If you get an eotech, a magnifier might be an idea too

Archived