Middle Age Excitement

MAW3Y

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, 

Thanks for having me!

My name is Mark, close to Manchester (Handforth, Wilmslow) Im 39 and slowly edging closer to middle age and also a dad with three boys, wife etc and I'm looking to add some excitiment back into my life that would be me only time. I have my first game coming up at Rift on the 13th where im meeting up with some gaiming buddies from down south and Im so excited, it feels like xmas lol. 

I have a fairly decent loadup for a noob which im happy with and have basic combats etc for now but looking to get a decent set up as I go along and learn: 

G&G TR16 MBR 308SR & a Tokyo Marui M&P9L PC Ported 

Although I will travel for games wtih my gaming buddies, I'm looking to start being a regular at my local in Stockport (invasion airsoft) or at least I will when the current situation with covid settles down. 

Looking forward to hopefully learn alot and make some new friends 👍

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

• Supporters
15 hours ago, MAW3Y said:

Im 39 and slowly edging closer to middle age

<i-feel-personally-attacked.png>

Welcome to spending your kids' inheritance, although you've already made a good start with that 308.  Decent enough choice, programmable bursts and stop-on-empty are nice features.  Shouldn't need anything done to it beyond a barrel clean to get any shipping gunk out, although long term you might want to swap the gun and battery connectors over to Deans (or XT-60).

Have you sorted yourself out with eye protection yet?  Fogging can put a bit of a damper on your day.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

<i-feel-personally-attacked.png>

Welcome to spending your kids' inheritance, although you've already made a good start with that 308.  Decent enough choice, programmable bursts and stop-on-empty are nice features.  Shouldn't need anything done to it beyond a barrel clean to get any shipping gunk out, although long term you might want to swap the gun and battery connectors over to Deans (or XT-60).

Have you sorted yourself out with eye protection yet?  Fogging can put a bit of a damper on your day.

Thank you....  

Yes already got some Evader 2 Goggles as I needed a set that fit over my glasses, they also fit quite well with my mesh mouth guard so hopefully alot of ventilation but still protected... 

Welcome to the forum.

I've only recently joined the sport at the tender age of 33, married and two kids down the line suddenly interested in doing it, perhaps its my brain telling me I need the odd break from them that aint work or it's the bordem of pushing a trolley round at home bargains. 😂

20 hours ago, MAW3Y said:

Hi All, 

Thanks for having me!

My name is Mark, close to Manchester (Handforth, Wilmslow) Im 39 and slowly edging closer to middle age and also a dad with three boys, wife etc and I'm looking to add some excitiment back into my life that would be me only time. I have my first game coming up at Rift on the 13th where im meeting up with some gaiming buddies from down south and Im so excited, it feels like xmas lol. 

I have a fairly decent loadup for a noob which im happy with and have basic combats etc for now but looking to get a decent set up as I go along and learn: 

Although I will travel for games wtih my gaming buddies, I'm looking to start being a regular at my local in Stockport (invasion airsoft) or at least I will when the current situation with covid settles down. 

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Hi Mark, I'm 64 and hoping to start Airsoft once I recover from recent injury.

The guys at alpha 55 are ,from what I've guage are a mixed bag of ages and are very welcoming can't wait to start  so at your age ,I wouldn't worry 

wish I was younger.

On 29/08/2020 at 00:20, MAW3Y said:

Hi All, 

Thanks for having me!

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Hi Mark 

Welcome to the 🤪 mad house 

Regards 

17 hours ago, Johnnyg said:

Hi Mark, I'm 64 and hoping to start Airsoft once I recover from recent injury.

The guys at alpha 55 are ,from what I've guage are a mixed bag of ages and are very welcoming can't wait to start  so at your age ,I wouldn't worry 

wish I was younger.

Hi Johnnyg.

Nice to meet a fellow oldie lol

I'm 66 and still playing. When you are healed get stuck in there,you will love it. Just.take it at a comfortable pace. Leave all the Olympics to the younger ones. Lol

Regards 

• Supporters
21 hours ago, MAW3Y said:

Evader 2 Goggles

They look reasonable enough.  The foam might help to keep sweat out, or it might seal moisture in, so you could consider removing it if you experience fogging.

Hi and welcome, nice gun btw 👍😎

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.