Western Arms Parts Advice

SonicJuice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

About 15 years back i bought a used WA Wilson Combat Service Grade. Got a few questions if anyone out there can help?

1. What model is it?

Is it a Wilson Combat Service Grade? (that's what it says on the slide, rear sight etc). Pretty sure it was advertised as a Striker but my Googling doesn't bring up any info on that.

The box says Swap Custom Version 3 but i'm not convinced the box is original to it. The instructions in the box are for a different WA 1911.

2. Hop up replacement.

The hop up degraded and fell out a few years back so i'd like to replace that; at the moment it just looks like a smooth bore all the way down the barrel through the hop up unit. 

Anyone know if any other brands make a compatible hop up? 

3. Front sight replacement.

This got knocked off in a skirmish so i bodged one from black tape and aluminium; does the job but looks s***e of course.

I have seen some replacement sights from other manufacturers but not sure if they'd be the right size. Are all the front dove tail sights the same size?

I'll get some more internal photos as they might help. I have already ordered some parts to fix the grip btw.

Cheers for any advice! 

20200801_221721.jpg

20200801_221745.jpg

20200801_221648.jpg

As you suspect, it looks like a Wilson Combat Striker.  But in a Kimber SWAT TLEII box which is quite odd.  Is this the same box it came with?

https://sqr.militaryblog.jp/e944130.html

KJW have made compatible hop and BBUs that work in WAs but I'm not sure exactly which one you'd need.

Unfortunately front sight sizes vary.  Probably easiest to try some for TM hicappas and mod the sight to fit.

Thanks Hitman. I don't think i have come across that page in my searches; maybe i skimmed past it as i was looking for all black trim.

That's definitely the one though. Perhaps the previous owner switched the grips over but that was at least 15 years ago so can't ask! (back on the old forums pre-UKARA). It was the box that the guy sent it to me in back then but as it wasn't new from a dealer it most likely isn't the right one.

I'll have a look around for a cheap Hicappa sight; good tip.

4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

As you suspect, it looks like a Wilson Combat Striker.  But in a Kimber SWAT TLEII box which is quite odd.  Is this the same box it came with?

https://sqr.militaryblog.jp/e944130.html

KJW have made compatible hop and BBUs that work in WAs but I'm not sure exactly which one you'd need.

Unfortunately front sight sizes vary.  Probably easiest to try some for TM hicappas and mod the sight to fit.

On a side note, does anyone still make replacement valves for the mags ? I have only found one place that does gaurder replacements but the shipping is £25 for a £8 part.

1 hour ago, Old man Jay said:

On a side note, does anyone still make replacement valves for the mags ? I have only found one place that does gaurder replacements but the shipping is £25 for a £8 part.

As long as the stems are good just replace the o-rings.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.