What Gun Is This

Martbrist

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's an aeg, you don't use gas, it takes a battery

To be extremely pedantic it’s uses gases from the atmosphere, and pressurizes a tiny amount at a time via the battery, motor, gears, piston, and an air chamber.

((((I’ve probably missed some stages))))) 

So to answer @Martbrist - to use gas on it avoid operating in a vacuum

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Martbrist said:

Hi I was told you can fit gas on this ?

who told you this? the only thing i can think they were referring to is an HPA conversion.

an AEG uses as tommikka says a gearbox which is essentially a little compressor that pressurises air to fire.

an HPA uses a pre-charged external tank (usually in the region of 3000+PSI) that's regulated down to a firing pressure (which is adjustable)

you can convert this gun to hpa, however this is not a cheap thing to do and means not only are you going to need to carry the gun around, but also a tank, regulator and air line.

• Supporters

the wiring in the magwell looks like standard ak wiring to me, you'd expect a different set of cables on an HPA

the real sign is an airline poking out of the gun somewhere (normally the bottom of the grip)

i hope he didn't charge you hpa conversion prices for an aeg....

8 minutes ago, Martbrist said:

Ok thanks the guy said it was converted?  No idea I know nothing about these guns 

0D0020CE-9969-4AC6-89B6-414A7460CAA4.jpeg

(I’m not an expert in this area)

But - assuming that’s your magwell, the cables indicate it’s still fitted with the AEG parts, the ‘nipple’ would be the BB feed from magazine to firing chamber

For HPA you would have need to also have a nipple something like this to attach an airline:

B7CEB0F8-50D6-4B80-A5EC-A8B220E2BC20.jpeg

Either a gas magazine would be converted by tapping in a fill nipple, or a conversion would include routing airlines to a fill nipple at a convenient point such as down the stock

Personally coming from the paintball world I’ve used various configurations of the air bottle as a ‘stock‘ and remote air lines.

Remote lines just ask to be tangled up and you are tethered to the gun

With an AEG you have the noise of the motor running when you fire, but you aren’t in a tangled mess and if your site doesn’t run HPA for paintball you may not be able to refill, so need to arrange air fills elsewhere with sufficient air to cover a days play 

11 minutes ago, Martbrist said:

Ok thanks the guy said it was converted?  No idea I know nothing about these guns 

Looks like a standard AEG (Electric) setup to me.

As @Adolf Hamster mentioned, usually HPA converted guns are quite a bit more than AEG's, so hopefully you haven't paid for that. If you have, I would suggest going back to the seller and asking them how you use gas with it. If they can't show you, ask for a refund/the difference back.

26 minutes ago, Martbrist said:

0D0020CE-9969-4AC6-89B6-414A7460CAA4.jpeg

We'll need other photos. Bottom of the pistol grip is where a HPA line usually goes. But yes this looks like an AEG

If it is HPA you also need to purchase an air bottle, line and regulator and probably some other bits and peices. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Martbrist said:

What’s it worth 4 battery’s loads of magazines a vest thing mask night vision scope 🤷🏻‍♂️

B496D91B-3EE0-4047-B102-49F84993DFB4.jpeg

Lol, not a "night vision scope", just a run of the mill red dot, on its own, £15-£25 ?

In anticipation of this being moved to the appraisal section. You'd probably get about £125 for the gun itself, looks like a cheap red dot, extra mags a batteries add very little to the value. So like £150 all incl' possible slightly more if you're lucky.

6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Cyma Cm077A

Quick search tells me RRP is around the £200 mark.

But, what you would get for it used obviously depends on the condition.

No idea what the vest thing / mask is that you mentioned, haven't seen the magazines, so can't comment on that.

Also the above discussion regarding if it has been converted to use gas / HPA  is going to make a difference but looks like it is just standard. 

Just to add, finally it might be useful to know if you sold it & wanted to post it they generally don't allow batteries so they might not be able to include those anyway, and again price depends on exactly what they are and a lot of people usually have a collection of them so not sure how sought after they would be 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.