Hk416 Too Good to Be True? Edge 2.0

bluyeti

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to purchase a hk416 aeg for a while now.

I have only just discovered the Specna Arms EDGE 2.0 range. The SA-H20 seems to be coming with lots of great upgrades.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it's features.

• GATE ASTER MOSFET
  • Build quality (supposedly metal receiver and hand guard)
  • ORION Gearbox
  • ESA2 easy spring change
  • 6.03mm high precision tight bore barrel
  • *high torque* motor
  • Steel teethed gears
  • 8mm bearings
  • comes with 2 mid cap mags
  • Rotary hop up
  •  

I am by no means a gun tech wiz, but to me this sounds too good to be true from a £200 gun?? 

I've seen other peoples reviews about the build quality of the gun being less that admirable, but could this be fixed with some more attention?

I really do love hk416s but i would love to avoid forking out £400 on a vfc or TM (those guns where i'd need to do a lot of upgrades). Any other suggestions on HK's?

I've included some photos below,

Thanks everyone!

672229094_sa-h20other.thumb.PNG.6b86a904b329ea68ea924195d5d8cbaa.PNGsa-h20.thumb.PNG.bce4d3fe4c4a57d949bc1d80a0dfd9e6.PNG

46 minutes ago, bluyeti said:

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to purchase a hk416 aeg for a while now.

I have only just discovered the Specna Arms EDGE 2.0 range. The SA-H20 seems to be coming with lots of great upgrades.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it's features.

• GATE ASTER MOSFET
  • Build quality (supposedly metal receiver and hand guard)
  • ORION Gearbox
  • ESA2 easy spring change
  • 6.03mm high precision tight bore barrel
  • *high torque* motor
  • Steel teethed gears
  • 8mm bearings
  • comes with 2 mid cap mags
  • Rotary hop up
  •  

I am by no means a gun tech wiz, but to me this sounds too good to be true from a £200 gun?? 

I've seen other peoples reviews about the build quality of the gun being less that admirable, but could this be fixed with some more attention?

I really do love hk416s but i would love to avoid forking out £400 on a vfc or TM (those guns where i'd need to do a lot of upgrades). Any other suggestions on HK's?

I've included some photos below,

Thanks everyone!

672229094_sa-h20other.thumb.PNG.6b86a904b329ea68ea924195d5d8cbaa.PNGsa-h20.thumb.PNG.bce4d3fe4c4a57d949bc1d80a0dfd9e6.PNG

Cant say much for the brand you're asking about but what I will say about TM as you mentioned it is that they are like a new car, you don't NEED to do anything until things start to fail people just do a lot to them because you can improve on the platform. VFC are much the same whoever there are things personally that I would change straight away but only because I don't think much of their hop.

26 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Cant say much for the brand you're asking about but what I will say about TM as you mentioned it is that they are like a new car, you don't NEED to do anything until things start to fail people just do a lot to them because you can improve on the platform. VFC are much the same whoever there are things personally that I would change straight away but only because I don't think much of their hop.

Ok thank you very much mate :)😀

2 minutes ago, bluyeti said:

Yeah i've seen that. Not looking too great is it

Just looking for some other peoples perspectives on it

I've not used or worked on one personally, however e&c do one with full trademarks only a little bit more expensive.  Some mag compatibility issues I remember

• Supporters
3 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

checkout bigbird's review on YT

Oh, wow. Now all I can hear is Luke saying "all the magical voodoo and imps running around the field of dreams inside your gearbox".

Loose grip screws, wobbly burred cylinder, busted bearings, no grease, gritty piston, urgh.

3 hours ago, bluyeti said:

Just looking for some other peoples perspectives on it

I guess it comes down to how lucky you're feeling, or how much time you're prepared to put into it.

The newer specna arms gearboxes are made by orion. they are prone to cracking and casting defects and the power generally drops to around 250fps after a little while. Id avoid them until they sort their shit out or switch back to e&c gearboxes. 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

The newer specna arms gearboxes are made of onion.

Is how I read it.

Then I read it again and... actually, I'll stick with the first impression.

This is classic bait-and-switch.  Do a high quality batch, get people saying good things, then slash the production costs and coast along on your reputation until people catch on.

Helped along by Google's mutant algorithms which give heavier weightings to the earlier reviews because more people have seen them, which means more people will see them, which means...

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

The newer specna arms gearboxes are made by orion. they are prone to cracking and casting defects and the power generally drops to around 250fps after a little while. Id avoid them until they sort their shit out or switch back to e&c gearboxes. 

Yeh, the GB shells are wank. May as well be made of cheese. And the casting is proper rough on the inside.

I'm buying all the requisite bits to build up a complete replacement 'box for my son's Specna - ready to drop-in for when his ultimately fails.

• Head Moderator

Just get the TM HK416D. 

16 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Just get the TM HK416D. 

Aren't they just really expensive for what they are? I feel like people say i'll end up stripping the internals in them eventually too.

20 hours ago, SuckMySock said:

Ehh...

Motor isn't high torque at all, quick spring change is a standard feature, build quality is actually pretty mediocre.

If you want HK416, get a E&C.

Do you think so? I'll look into them

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Simply put you get what you pay for...

Unless you are part of the TM Recoil master race of course - you pay once, and then pay some more. And more. And More. Lining the pockets of the likes of Kingdom of Airsoft or Eagle6 along the way. Just to get to a gun that will shoot ~350fps @ ~15RPS that shakes around a bit when doing so. 😜

There are loads of cheap (sub £150) guns that are excellent shooters out of the box.

58 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Unless you are part of the TM Recoil master race of course - you pay once, and then pay some more. And more. And More. Lining the pockets of the likes of Kingdom of Airsoft or Eagle6 along the way. Just to get to a gun that will shoot ~350fps @ ~15RPS that shakes around a bit when doing so. 😜

There are loads of cheap (sub £150) guns that are excellent shooters out of the box.

Naaaaaah, you can keep it stock at 290fps... no one holds a pew pew to your head saying you need to spend another £500 on upgrades...  I mean who in their right mind would do that? :P

I have always looked at the NGRS and winced at the price. 

one of these days i will be at a gameday with someone who has one, and maybe i can get a go at shooting it.  see if that justifies the price for me. 

I have fired someones GHK AK74m and that seemed pretty fun. 

Also, i have a TM m14 stock, so just under 300fps and has decent range.  do you really need to throw silly money to increase the fps on the NGRS to make its range more comparable with other AEG's?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.