Identifying Springs

Big Daddy Vladdy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all!

I recently purchased a Specna Arms C04. It comes with two springs with the gun as it has a quick change system. I only play CQB so I need to ensure it's under 340 FPS for the site I play at. From my understanding the gun comes with a spring in it that'll do 380fps and a spare M90 spring to bring it down to 310. My only problem is the spare spring provided says M90 on it's packaging but someone has put a sticker on it that says "Stock Spring", this makes me think the retailer has swapped the springs maybe?. When i put them next to each other one is shorter than the other. They seem to be the same thickness.. Would I be correct in assuming that the shorter one would be the M90?

Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately its not easy to tell one from another.

If the thickness is the same then the shorter should be less powerful

This is why most airsofters end up getting a chronograph 😉

15 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Unfortunately its not easy to tell one from another.

If the thickness is the same then the shorter should be less powerful

This is why most airsofters end up getting a chronograph 😉

Cheers! I'll take the spare spring with me just in case and swap it out if i'm shooting too hot.

You can measure the thickness of the wire with verniers, thicker = stiffer/higher FPS.

If they are the same length and wire thickness, the one with less coils will be stiffer/higher FPS.

14 minutes ago, Caj109 said:

One thing would be dependant on where you got it from it may have the m90 put in already. Mine did from patrol base.

Only other way of checking is chronoing it and seeing if it reads high fps.

Thanks! I got mine from patrol base too. I compressed both springs and the slightly shorter one was easier to compress so I’ve put that one in. We’ll find out Thursday at the chrono before the game 😂

Here is a rough guide to working out what spring you have. I want to make clear that this is not full proof, just a guide as different manufacturers Springs are set differently from one another.

example;

Crono your RIF 426fps/3.28 = 129.8m/s

Sp I have an Guarder Sp130 spring, which the packaging is correct.

There are things to take into account, like how you RIF performs, but this has worked for me

over the years.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.