No One Leaves Fecking Feedback Anymore on Ebay

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this?

In the last month, I have started shifting much of my unused Airsoft kit. Much of it on here and the rest on ebay at the same time. 
5 pieces have gone, all were exactly as described, shipped within 2 days of the end of action and all have arrived at location with all tracking provided. 

Not as much as an A++ 

When did this change in attitude happen?

Or is it just me they hate

needy cat mreoow - Super Sad Cat | Meme Generator

Yep I feel for ya, I have sold a bunch of things recently, possibly every 1 in 10 customers are leaving feedback, the rest I never hear from 😕 

• Supporters

You'll get negative feedback easily enough.

I still remember when eBay was mostly private sellers punting bits and bobs and feedback actually mattered, both writing it and reading it.

Now that it's predominantly professional bulk sellers, I can see why many folk don't bother either leaving or reading it.

That said, I still do for smaller, UK based sellers, but maybe once a month while I'm reviewing all the useless tat I've bought, not immediately after each receipt.

I also want to see if stuff falls apart within hours as well, rather than leaving "OMFG BESTS KWALITY MCGUFFIN EVAR!" then having it explode 5 minutes later.

probably cos as a seller you can only leave positive feedback on a transaction, the whole system is heavily slanted to the buyer.  As a seller if I get dicked around by a buyer, makes up all kinds of shit in order to get his item returned on my dime I still have no way to report that in the feedback system.  Trash talk.

2 hours ago, Groot said:

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this?

In the last month, I have started shifting much of my unused Airsoft kit. Much of it on here and the rest on ebay at the same time. 
5 pieces have gone, all were exactly as described, shipped within 2 days of the end of action and all have arrived at location with all tracking provided. 

Not as much as an A++ 

When did this change in attitude happen?

Or is it just me they hate

needy cat mreoow - Super Sad Cat | Meme Generator

A+a+a+a+×10. Big shout going out. Go Groot Go.🎉 I think you are amazballs.

👍see It dont hurt to be appreciative.

Regards 

37 minutes ago, Shamal said:

A+a+a+a+×10. Big shout going out. Go Groot Go.🎉 I think you are amazballs.

👍see It dont hurt to be appreciative.

Regards 

thanks.gif

Also.. Irony not being lost on me..

One of the guys only just left some feedback.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Groot said:

thanks.gif

Also.. Irony not being lost on me..

One of the guys only just left some feedback.

giphy.gif

Someone in here suspicious 😂 🤔

Yep. Did anyone but some KSC USP Mags on eBay?

I buy loads of stuff and its because the ebay form for leaving Feedback is shite and takes ages to fill out - thats why I never bother.

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I buy loads of stuff and its because the ebay form for leaving Feedback is shite and takes ages to fill out - thats why I never bother.

I find Amazon to be a harder than eBay but they both can take some time to fill out depending on your order etc.

Last month ebay introduced something called "managed payments" for it's business customers.  it's basically a money grab and forces you to use their own payment system instead of Paypal.  As a business customer if you had a really low rate with Paypal this is now gone.  eBay's new "all-in-one" rate is around 15%.  Plus you no longer get the funds straight-away, takes a few days.  

Not sure what Amazon fees are, I'll be looking next week, but I wonder how long eBay can keep going before some clever genius comes along and does the same thing cheaper.

• Supporters
On 27/08/2020 at 09:41, ak2m4 said:

I wonder how long eBay can keep going before some clever genius comes along and does the same thing cheaper

Relevant Dilbert is relevant:

image.png.3c1d6114f47839ef2195f674d0cb7b3a.png

• Root Admin
On 25/08/2020 at 15:57, Rogerborg said:

You'll get negative feedback easily enough.

I still remember when eBay was mostly private sellers punting bits and bobs and feedback actually mattered, both writing it and reading it.

Now that it's predominantly professional bulk sellers, I can see why many folk don't bother either leaving or reading it.

That said, I still do for smaller, UK based sellers, but maybe once a month while I'm reviewing all the useless tat I've bought, not immediately after each receipt.

I also want to see if stuff falls apart within hours as well, rather than leaving "OMFG BESTS KWALITY MCGUFFIN EVAR!" then having it explode 5 minutes later.

Not even possible to leave negative feedback for those pro sellers because they're given so much leeway to 'resolve' a situation (return and refund/replace etc.). Don't get me wrong, I like that this system exists but if you've wasted my time and made me have to return something I might not leave negative feedback but I certainly want to let people know. eBay doesn't let you do this though (it just considers the whole transaction void).

As far as I know the only way to leave actual negative feedback is to go through a bunch of negotiating with a seller and be sure that they either totally ignore you or give you a resolution that doesn't include a full refund (again, not really a full refund because I've now had to take time out of my day taking photos, explaining an issue and replacing an item or returning it outside of your normal returns period). I still use it but feedback on that site has become meaningless.

On t he upside, OP, I think a lot of people recognise that eBay does side with the buyer quite a lot so even a low feedback seller can be quite attractive to prospective buyers. I wouldn't worry too much.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

As far as I know the only way to leave actual negative feedback is to go through a bunch of negotiating with a seller and be sure that they either totally ignore you or give you a resolution that doesn't include a full refund.

No the case, certainly with my business account anyway.  People can leave negative comments straight off the bat, you can then try to find out why.  Most times they will just leave a neg comment without even messaging you explaining the issue.  I have 1 like that now, a customer who didn't get the right FPS with a spring.

• Root Admin

Maybe it's the ultra mega power sellers then? If you want to leave negative feedback you're told to 'try and resolve' (which almost always results in a simple return and refund). This is ok, but if it's a wrong order defect, I don't want to leave positive feedback, I want to let people know.

I too have a business account and have never had such protections.

• Supporters

Oh, right, you can't negative or even neutral a power seller immediately, you have to wait a while.  And if they do a refund, it voids the transaction and you don't get to leave feedback.

That bugs me too: a foul up then a refund is still a foul up.

hmmmm I'm still not sure that's correct, maybe it's my account. 

I don't even think the "Power Sellers" level even exists anymore, been replaced with the "Top-rated seller" level which I have.  My level was at 100% for months till I got someone just give me a negative comment for a spring.  I've emailed explaining how springs can vary, offered to pay to have it sent back, test a new one out and replace but my messages are currently going unanswered.  Can't win sometimes, I'm glad I'm moving away from eBay.  

Some sellers don't leave feedback even when requested...😉.

The trouble with Amazon is that it is buyer biased worse than Ebay,I've sent things back just because I didn't like them (within the last week in fact) F.O.C for me.Amazon will close sellers accounts at any sniff of an unresolved issue,yes I've done that too but with good reason.Amazons customer service is second to none unfortunately at the cost of sellers it seems.

The feedback rules vary on ebay

As a seller I cannot leave bad feedback* - I can either leave positive feedback or generate a report against the buyer.

As a buyer I can leave good or bad feedback 

* However it is possible for a seller to tick that it’s good feedback and ‘stealthily’ leave bad text ‘

This happened to me with one seller.

I bought 3 items from 2 sellers that I wanted for a specific event, the two from one seller were in seperate packages due to timing.

Hedging my bets on delivery times I had them all to a collection point in a garage on my way to work.  Ideally I wanted to finish work on the last day just before heading off for the event and would have stayed at a hotel, but with the option of leaving early the next day if I needed to.

The one package from one seller just went around circles with tracking showing the address as not existing (the garage was on a corner, and the courier was looking for the address as a house number at the end of one street. It was eventually returned to the sender, I had a refund and he claimed back against the courier for being useless.  This one ended up all happy

The other seller didn’t put down the delivery references, and also left a typo in one of the tracking references.  He gave me the correct reference after I queried it

The garage kept rejecting delivery as there was no reference and they couldn’t go into the system.

He send me photos of the packages with handwritten labels and without  the pickup codes

The post Office Depot recognised the parcels that I was after, but they were also going around in circles, passing back and forth . My convenient pickup became a daily early morning visit to the garage and depot trying to catch the postman (The woman in the depot said i might get lucky If the postman was in a good mood,  but the correct procedures wouldn’t permit handing over to me)
 I’m doubtful that the sender had put a return address on them so they were running around in circles and possibly ended up in disposals 

I claimed for both packages

He hadn’t corrected the typo on the one tracking reference, so that was almost immediately refunded due to invalid tracking

The other took longer with eBay following the tracking stating that I would be refunded when it arrived back at the sender - which kept showing as underliverable (hence i think they didn’t put in a return address), and the seller kept taking as long as possible then replying to dispute stages 

Eventually due to timing out I was refunded

The moral of the story for sellers is to ideally use automated elements where possible and to print labels 

I buy postage online which puts the right tracking in automatically, and (not in all cases) saves me about 10p on some postage prices, and gives me a label with all the references and return details 

If you aren’t going to print labels then make sure you write legible labels and include all the details - especially reference numbers.  If you aren’t going to bother with long reference codes then don’t offer delivery to pickup points 

After all the running around (and also having to linger around until the last minute to try and collect instead of having a leisurely drive)
After a while I discovered that the  seller left me ‘positive’ feedback with negative words advising not to sell to me as I can’t be bothered to collect parcels 

What I've noticed of late is that the Post Office does not check for a sender return address,they used to but I guess since the rise of automated on-line labelling it's gone awry.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

However it is possible for a seller to tick that it’s good feedback and ‘stealthily’ leave bad text

I left positive feedback as a buyer, with text of "Not genuine $BRANDNAME but great value at this price", and the seller managed to get the (true) feedback revoked and blocked me as a buyer.  All sorts of shenanigans go on.

I've just left my monthly feedback on eBay, so that's my karma updated.  For those who haven't done it, once you've left feedback for one item, you then get the option to leave feedback for multiple ones on one page, which is a bit quicker.  I test to just copy-paste "As described" for anything positive, given that nobody's likely reading it these days anyway.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.