Which Mp9?

yosemitesam

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi!

I’m just getting into this game and looking to pick your brains about which pistol to buy. For now I’ll just practice shooting in the garden before my friends and I are ready to get into a scary skirmish..

I like the look of a Beretta, so looking for one but don’t know which. Shortlisted the following:

KWC MP9fs

KJW MP9

G&G GPM92

I have used a couple of 1911s and think I’d like the 92. I’d prefer a C02 all metal pistol (before you suggest the TM!), which is reliable and easy to maintain. Don’t want to cheap out as I’d prefer to buy something decent upfront. Btw love the Nickel Umarex but bit too expensive.

Any input would be appreciated!

Cheers all

Sully

Reliable

Easy to maintain

Decent upfront

is a TM 🤷🏻‍♂️

ok, not metal but none of my guns are and they are all fricken awesome, and won’t break your arms after a day carrying them around.

I have nothing constructive to add as I’m bored n browsing but good luck with your choice.

Hi Yosemite Sam 

WE beretta m9 gbb

Good weight. All metal so blow back is quite heavy.

I love the chunky no nonsense business like design.

Up to you though. 

Have fun researching 

👍

Regards 

The WE M9 is a serviceable pistol if you spend some time on it and is all metal and pretty affordable. It won’t ever shoot as well as the Marui, but with a bit of fettling will do an ok job. With the metal slide its performance will be a bit more temperature dependent than the Marui and will fluctuate from crisp to the point of virtually no difference to the Marui on a warm day to fairly sluggish in the cold unless you use higher pressure gas.

The main downside on the WE is the hop unit is rubbish. It uses a tiny grub screw to push down on the hop rubber, so doesn’t apply an even pressure over a larger area, that being said it seems to work ok. The bigger issue is it allows the inner barrel to rotate a bit which ruins shot consistency. I have fixed this on one by fixing the inner barrel to the hop unit with liquid electrical tape. This is totally non permanent and peels off easily, but provides just enough grab to stop the barrel from rotating when the slide cycles.

A bit of googling indicates that at least one version of the Marui M9 uses the same type of hop adjustment with the small grub screw. I have no idea if it still has the barrel rotation issue. I can also see WE does some M9s with a hop unit similar in function to the one they use in their Glock. This should be much better, but I have no first hand experience. I guess it depends on what version you end up with.

Some really useful advice here, thank you so much. I’ll try and take it on board. It’s quite easy to overthink it too especially as I believe there’s no such thing as perfection. I guess it does just boil down to picking something I like the feel of. Having said that I’m buying blind in these Covid times so bit harder than it usually might be. 

I’m any case, seems I have much to learn from you guys 😊

• 3 weeks later...

I have WE M9. Co2 all metal. I've used it as my side arm outdoor and run it solo on indoor cqb. It's taken it all and done very well and turned a few heads on the way, it's not subtle in any way. It just works.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.