Cummerbund Chest Plate Question

Barny

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there a way of adding more velcro to cummerbund so that I can tighten it down more? 

I was wondering if there was a panel of molle backed velcro that will make up the difference as the flap that folds down over them is only held on in one small corner. When pulling the mags out I nearly undo the velcro too! 

20200824_180030.jpg

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

You need to adjust the cummerbund at the back of the PC to pull in each end so there's reduced overlap and proper Velcro contact.

Agreed, but my skinny frame means the overlap wont engage with the fold down flap fully, so say only a third is secure and then not evenly. When tugging on a fast mag i'm peeling the edges up which means the mag doesnt dis-engage until that slack is taken up. Its not a quick, clean, FAST release.  

The panel that Smiling-Dutchman suggested could possible work. Its a bit large and i could possibly need two.

Its certainly given me a suggestion to search for. 

Thanks both for your help 😎  

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Do what I did 

Eat more, move less 👍

it’ll happen naturally 😂

Worked for me 🐷

On 24/08/2020 at 23:00, Barny said:

Arrived today and do the job perfectly 😎

viper_adjuster_plate_.jpg

• Supporters

The actual problem here is you bought a PC/cummerbund that's much too big.  Adjustment should primarily be done in the back as well (as mentioned), especially with a PC that uses the classic velcro-up-front closure.  It's much better to overlap the bund in the back, even lace it up with paracord, chop it down etc vs what you've done which obviously does the job on a basic level but adds a lot of needless bulk and complexity up front where you don't want it.

I don't know what the PC is to advise any further than that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.