Ak-19

Brophy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Kalashnikov have just revealed the AK-19.

What do you guys think? Would you get the airsoft version? (If they start making them)

Never personally liked AK's but the scope looks nice on it gotta admit.

Comparing images of RS AK-12 next to the AK-19 video, it looks like the receiver is pretty much identical in terms of pin placement and stamping.

So with a new stock, rear sight, flash hider and magazine, you could probably quite easily convert an existing airsoft AK-12. It would be a quick win for the likes of LCT et al.

• Supporters

I liked the Magpul Zhukov rip-off that was on the version I saw.

Would be nice to have this instead of an AK-12 so that my 5.56 bbs would work in it alongside all my airsoft ARs and M4s.

The AK12 is likely to have the new stock, pistol grip and rear sight from the AK19 when further issued to the Russian Military. I'm not sure how big the world arms market is for a 5.56 Nato AK. the only known big user is the Polish with their Beryl AK (and with the current tension between Poland and Russia it would be stupid to buy your armed forces small arms from the guy who might invade you). A few countries use the AK101 but I don't think the numbers are that big and they are quite new so it's unlikely they will be replaced with the AK19.

For an airsoft version replacing the stock, pistol grip, rear sight and adding a new 5.56 Nato shaped magazine would be good enough.

It will be interesting to see if LCT and Arcatrus bang these out to keep their AK12/15 versions up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

With the market full of weird versions of ak variants it's easy nowadays to find AK replica you like, and with this AK-19 version as it has been said above you probably can take any AK at the marked and throw grip, stock and front to make it v.19. so unless you are hard core AK purist who MUST have the latest AK I don't see this haveing much luck on Airsoft market.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.