Bfg Grenades

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening airsofters I hope all is well, I was hoping for any opinions on the bfg grenades out there at the moment. I recently bought the dynatex time delay and so far absolutely spot on, I mostly play in woodland and I've seen other players with the impact grenade and it didn't go off, but I've been told cause I have the dynatex that their impact grenade is sensitive enough to go off on soft ground but is only single shot the same as the timed so does anyone own the dynatex impact grenade or a multi shot sensitive enough to go off on soft ground, thanks for you time and look forward to hearing from you. 

The only reason for the impact is I haven't seen a timed multi shot, it's the time it takes to reload, not a game stopper for outdoor but a bit of a pain for cqb , I like to have my cake and eating it sort of guy 

• Supporters

Indoor, no problem. I have owned a bevy of BFGs, including TRMRs, Dynatex impacts, Zoxna rollers, VTGs, OhShiBooms, AlphaTechs, and probably a few others. TRMRs still stand as the best impacts I have used, and of all those grenades I had only 4 remain - two VTGs (for timed options) and two TRMRs with multishot bases. My Dynatex impacts were obtained secondhand and used for years before I finally sold them, and they were not light strikers at all. Really had to chuck them to get them to go off. I accidentally knocked a guy in the knee at The Mall once - he was on a knee on one side of the wall and I was on the other, I tossed it in (under knee height, he was kneeling remember) right as he popped around the corner, and bopped him right on the bone. No permanent damage besides to the minds of any youngsters around. But I had several failures with them - gravity alone wouldn't set one of the two off. Probably there was some grit or something in there clogging up the mechanism to be honest.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Personally I don't see the point in using an impact grenade when you have a timed one.  (I have two timed ones)

You aren't allowed to throw them far or high so impact would be very unreliable.

If memory serves you're more of a woodlands player - impacts can be vital in FIBUA or CQB. It's no good chucking a grenade into a room if people have time to egress/get behind cover.

1 hour ago, 2RIR said:

The only reason for the impact is I haven't seen a timed multi shot, it's the time it takes to reload, not a game stopper for outdoor but a bit of a pain for cqb , I like to have my cake and eating it sort of guy 

Yeah, that is the only downside I guess.  Doesn't take very long once you've practiced a bit.  I have the loading tool attached directly to the draw bag for the 209's

I see what you mean I suppose it's getting the right tool for the job, timed and impact both have their advantages and disadvantages, a friend has the pulse armaments b1 bfg you can Set the timer between 1 & 10 seconds but personally I think its overpriced it over £100 but it's good for tripwires etc. 

42 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

If memory serves you're more of a woodlands player - impacts can be vital in FIBUA or CQB. It's no good chucking a grenade into a room if people have time to egress/get behind cover.

Yep, I am a woodland player.  Don't forget they can be cooked of course just like the real thing.

While true that I haven't played proper CQB yet, from what I've seen in vids its useful to have a grenade slide down a corridor or deep in a room a second before going off.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yep, I am a woodland player.  Don't forget they can be cooked of course just like the real thing.

While true that I haven't played proper CQB yet, from what I've seen in vids its useful to have a grenade slide down a corridor or deep in a room a second before going off.

It is, or you can bounce it round a corner (well, try, most of the time I just frag myself - but it's the thought that counts).

Indoors I use 1 x TRMR tri-shot and 3 VTG timed (but I would recommend the Dynatex that the VTG rips off).

Outdoors I don't bother with the TRMR, it's just too unreliable.  Timed all the way.

I use a dynatex timed and just cook it before chucking it into confined spaces. The Pulse grenades are supposed to be great and they are developing a multishot base for it at the moment.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.