Most Accurately Proportioned Glock 17

willi_338

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I'm trying to find out if there is a G17 (any generation) that is proportionally correct to its real counterpart. My old gen 4 WE sits about a mil and a half wider at the slide drastically reducing holster options. I own many holsters for the real pistol and am looking for not only a training aid but using it as a part of a load out as I step back into the airsoft environment.

As always the divide between those who glock and those who dont seems to have hindered any useful feedback in other places so I hope yall could spare a few minutes to help. 

Thanks for your time if you decide to give it.

Regards.

The Umarex/VFC ones I believe. I have one and it's fit like a dream in every holster I've tried. 

So you want a pistol for show, or for use?

Umarex by VFC are similar quality to WE, but way overpriced, I wouldn’t buy one, I’ve owned a few.

The latest TM Gen4 is the  same as real steel dimensions, and easily the best Glock on the market at present.

However, GHK has just finished their G17, with a complete new firingsystem and CNC steel slide, but they are waiting on Umarex  before the release it.

Glock21 Holsters fit airsoft Glocks otherwise

The Umarex ones are lovely and at £159 vs £135 for a TM, I wouldn't say they were over priced but they do cost more. 

For the difference in price you get a licensed replica that shoots brilliantly and looks stunning. 
It has the correct markings and a metal top slide, which the TM does not. 

It is very accurate as stock but I plan to put in a maple leaf hop anyway. So it will be as accurate as an airsoft gun can be. 

I have only had mine a short time but it works flawlessly and I have been plinking away in my garden. I got one because my friend has had his a while and loves it.
I also know several people that have used them a long time in anger and had no issues. Airsoft guns work or don't. It is part of the joy :P

2266DBC5-1AC7-4288-B99D-5A2F9793AF38.jpeg

For a training aid you may want to consider the umarex G22 air pistol (nbb) OEM'd by Wingun. Dimensions are spot on and they're super durable. My side gig is doing airgun demos for Umarex at shooting shows and we had two nbb umarex glocks mistreated/abused by the public for 3 days and go about 9000 bbs without any issues at the first weekend we used them. One of the chaps kept one of those pistols and it's still going strong. 

Then get something else new and shiny for airsofting! No fun just using familiar stuff all the time.

• Supporters

Problem at the moment is there isn't really a model that's ideal for both the airsoft field and practice for using a real gun.  It's a graduated scale and the more you gain in one way the more you'll inevitably lose in the other.

IF you can afford it (big if) then get a TM for the field and whatever's cheap and fits your holsters for dry fire reps.  TM's slide plastic is softer than safariland or any other kydex etc so if you're doing a ton of dry reps you'll put wear on it and on all the other parts through dry firing it, pulling the trigger and resetting it etc.  Alternatively get a TM and some training aid like the SIRT pistol or a mantis X system etc etc there's tons out there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.