Worst Part of Airsoft?

Leonine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

48 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i think it's a trap we've all fallen into, wether we like to admit it or not....

it's a sin i've committed for sure, although as a general rule i tend not to get annoyed unless i'm able to actually see the shots landing.

had to laugh yesterday, in a typical engagement i was called in by one of the team to take a crack at a supposed non-hit taker. first couple of rounds hop sent it flying over his head but close enough for him to twitch, team mate is exclaiming "see that was plainly a hit" and i'm like "nope i missed".

of course the curse of the long range player is straying into those legitimate no-feels, something that you do gotta accept happens although it does get trundled out by folk who think a bare-skin hit at close range can somehow not be felt.....

While I am far more chilled now.

If someone is not taking their hits, I will generally slap in a new mag and empty it into them.

Then if they still are unable to register the hit, I will follow it up with an audible cue.

Rambo Sylvester Stallone GIF - Rambo SylvesterStallone ...

5 minutes ago, Groot said:

If someone is not taking their hits, I will generally slap in a new mag and empty it into them.

Then if they still are unable to register the hit, I will follow it up with an audible cue.

Making them eat BBs on full auto 😜😂

I seem to be something of a unicorn. I've never seen any blatant cheating and on more than one occasion I've had people call hits I genuinely thought had missed. I've been called a cheater a couple of times though. Once was what I thought was a fun guy but the other guy insisted it but me in the back of the glove so I took the hit and immediately came back and got the drop on him. Another time I had done guy angrily shot that I can't outrun a BB after he'd full autoed at me through undergrowth as I ran perpendicular to him then hit him in two shots. 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Groot said:

it's the policy i adopted for a while too, but i'm starting to come to the conclusion that it might just be easier to find a better quality of target......

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

I seem to be something of a unicorn. I've never seen any blatant cheating and on more than one occasion I've had people call hits I genuinely thought had missed.

its rare when it happens, but you get a game full of people who play like that and its amazing how much further your gun shoots but more importantly it's amazing how much fun it can be.

had the luxury of playing with a really solid group of guys before lock-down and just as you mention shots i'd have immediately forgiven as either close misses or long-range no-feels were being called regardless, best days airsofting i've ever had.

as for being called a cheater, i get it regularly, curse of a long-range play-style and absolute obsession for getting every scrap of range out of my kit as i can it's quite regular that someone's firing .2's back at me and dropping well short.

my record though is being accused of cheating whilst not even playing the game.....

Waking up early. I wish games started and finished couple of hours later.

As runners up; long briefings. Long lunch breaks (who really needs an hour to wolf down a hot dog and reload their mags?). Unfair teams that don't get balanced throughout the day (I don't mind losing but...when you team is practically playing out of your respawn the whole day, it's a little naff).

Aside from that, my inability to maintain equipment 😆

11 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

Long lunch breaks (who really needs an hour to wolf down a hot dog and reload their mags?). 

Sometimes it takes me that long lunch break just to find signal to send a quick text message in the middle of nowhere. 😂

Apart from the universally hated non hit taking...

- Goggles fogging is my biggest peeve.

Why there isn't a reliable (affordable) system that works well in all conditions ?!?!?!

- Unfair teams can get frustrating.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

oh hell yes to this, especially if a site is a decent distance away you really don't want to have to be getting up at 6am on a sunday.

7 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Goggles fogging is my biggest peeve.

Why there isn't a reliable (affordable) system that works well in all conditions ?!?!?!

iirc there was mention of a fella in another thread had finally cured this issue, although not heard anything since.

if it was you then i respectfully request you please do the following:

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

1 hour ago, Greg147 said:

...Long lunch breaks (who really needs an hour to wolf down a hot dog and reload their mags?).

Rescheduling the opening hours back a couple of hours delays the staff a couple of hours.

They have to clear up the safe zone, retrieve anything in the game zone, pack away equipment - which may include loading it into a van and driving to storage elsewhere.

If they have any prospects of a life at the weekend then add two hours at the end of a game day and it’s over.

If you delay the start there will be players at the gate waiting. (I’ve arrived at sites to set up and players are at the gate before the key holders turned up, an hour or more before it’s due to open)

There are people who take a whole hour for lunch, it also eases the situation for catering if the food has any cooking involved - a half hour lunch means everyone at once in a rush, an hour leaves people more relaxed and they will even out the queues.  If everyone is loaded and fed you can suggest shorter timings to the staff - but they also need to eat.

Marshalls are shuffling players off the field, resetting games and setting up the afternoon games, eating, telling players they need to be ready for the restart, and shuffling players back out.

A standard game could just have local staff, but some may be travelling as far as you.

If it’s a particular event organisers and staff could be travelling a distance as well.   
Events I’ve been involved in for recent years are up to  3 hours of driving time away.  When running them I would drive up the morning before, picking up others along the way and setting up on arrival, and reverse that on the way back.
A 5pm end would include packing away, travel time with breaks, stopping to pickup / drop off and then I’m looking at being home by 9 or 10pm if lucky.  Then the unloading, cleaning and storing is to follow another day

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

oh hell yes to this, especially if a site is a decent distance away you really don't want to have to be getting up at 6am on a sunday.

iirc there was mention of a fella in another thread had finally cured this issue, although not heard anything since.

if it was you then i respectfully request you please do the following:

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

LOL, my goggles worked for some games but alas in the one a couple of weeks ago they failed to keep totally clear so not cracked it yet 🤓

Ended up going back to mesh for the afternoon 🙄

Have known sites run a small area, less than serious, pistol/shotgun only game after a brief lunch. Quite a good idea, meant that if anyone wanted longer for lunch/gun repairs/ recover and rehydrate they could sit that one out and not really miss out. Plus the reduced game area meant less Marshalls needed so one could man the shop/sort burgers etc.

20 minutes ago, Schnakey said:

Have known sites run a small area, less than serious, pistol/shotgun only game after a brief lunch. Quite a good idea, meant that if anyone wanted longer for lunch/gun repairs/ recover and rehydrate they could sit that one out and not really miss out. Plus the reduced game area meant less Marshalls needed so one could man the shop/sort burgers etc.

I love that idea wish they did that around here would make lunches a lot better. Maybe a game of infected or something small while everyone is on lunch.

Sites that don't follow up on the threat of buggering off fucktards.

Danny at Halo Mill had an excellent idea with this and the red stickers of shame. 

No idea if they still implement it.

2 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Sites that don't follow up on the threat of buggering off fucktards.

Danny at Halo Mill had an excellent idea with this and the red stickers of shame. 

No idea if they still implement it.

At one of my sites they have the A*hole book 😂

People bitching about the weather. It's not difficult to check the forecast and dress appropriately. If you don't bother then you've got nobody to blame but yourself so stfu. To quote Sir Ranulph Fiennes "there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing" 

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

People bitching about the weather. It's not difficult to check the forecast and dress appropriately. If you don't bother then you've got nobody to blame but yourself so stfu. To quote Sir Ranulph Fiennes "there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing" 

I thought it was a British tradition? I was moaning about the heat from an air conditioned workshop does that still count?

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I played a Falklands game complete with authentic weather.

I had a great game day, my nephew had a great day, my mate had a crappy day with gun problems, the site had problems with a new air provider who couldn’t cope, when ever I came back to reload there were people hanging onto gazebos etc and queues for air fills and hot drinks

A lot of people had left by midday complaining about being wet.

I went through multiple changes of clothing throughout the day, and had a fresh set for the drive home (I think I wore all my t shirts and drove back in jeans & a hoody).
I had a foul stinking bin bag of playing gear in the back of the car for a few days as I didn’t fancy killing my washing machine with it - I was planning a laundrette visit when a woman in the office offered to deal with it, I resisted and warned her about how foul it was but she was adamant.  Her husband asked a few questions about the washing line of DPM and boxer shorts 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

People bitching about the weather. It's not difficult to check the forecast and dress appropriately.

Paying £1000 for top end toy gnus and Crye costume, but not £50 for some surplus Goretex so that you can get the most out of your investment, is a fairly peculiar decision.

That said, I fully support any individual's decision to not play in foul weather if it makes you unhappy.

Few things kill enjoyment of a hobby faster than being badgered into paying to do it in order to show your commitment to the group/team/site/sport.  Another £20 in the site owner's hand on a rainy day is great, but not if that player then wrings out his gear, lists it in the classifieds, and you never see him again.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That said, I fully support any individual's decision to not play in foul weather if it makes you unhappy.

this, it's worth remembering this is something we choose to do for fun, and it's not a character flaw to think that a warm lie in is preferable to getting cold and soaked.

i tend to have a bit of a middle ground, mostly getting wet isn't what gets me so much as the inevitable blindness as your optics and goggles fill up with water. although like everyone i have my limit.

Don't get me wrong, if someone doesn't want to go because they don't have the right kit for the conditions I respect that. It's the people who turn up in something with the thermal and waterproof properties of a used teabag and spend the day moaning about being cold and wet that annoy me

Not that it’s notably common in this country, especially in the North, but it tends to be the blazing hot days that bother me more than the cold and rain. I just never seem to be able to gauge it right when it’s roasting hot, granted I’m currently going through the ‘I’m getting old’ rites of passage and gradually slimming my kit down more and more... I imagine that’ll help.

While I’m here another one that gets me,  though entirely unreasonable... so I’ll go ahead and acknowledge that now, shitty coloured tape to show which team you’re on. Picking up my own Velcro armbands in a variety of colours that seem to be commonly used at sites is probably one of the best investments I’ve ever made.

On 23/08/2020 at 17:07, PopRocket123 said:

For me the worst part is not playing. I've been off the field for over two years for a variety of reasons, from money and health problems to, most recently, having a baby. So I'm sat here staring at these guns and gear that I can't use, buying bits for them when I can to get some kind of fix. I had been planning on going to some games this year but with the virus and a newborn I don't want to risk bringing anything back. 

Hey Poprocket123

Feel your pain fella.

If it helps at all I figured that if you donate your gats to me right,  I would make sure they got used and also as a bonus I would post up pics of them in action! Yeah!! What you fink fella? Good plan yeah?

Let me know.lol

😉👍

Congrats on new addition 

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.