Nuprol Power Compact Intelligent Charger Help!

Swuishytacos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Is it flashing faster than when you put it on charge?

INSTRUCTIONS

When using the charger please refer to the following information.

1. First ensure you only have one battery connected, only one output port can be used at a time.
  2. To protect the charger and battery do NOT disconnect the batteries until charging has completed or stopped.
  3. From left to right the indicators are Li-Po, Li-Fe, and Ni-CD / NiMh.
  4. When switching the battery mode first disconnect the battery.
  5. To switch the battery mode press and hold the button until the next mode is selected.
  6. To start / stop the charge press the start / stop button.

LED Status Meanings

State LED Status Indication
Power On Light On Power is connected
Charging Slow Flash Battery charging.
  Fast Flash Error detected.
  Light On Charge completed.

I have had 3 Nuprol chargers and all have failed me with errors and short fussing etc. I would get a different brand. In my opinon Nuprol chargers are the worst I have ever used.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Sorry to have to say this (yet again) but I would bin that bloody thing before it explodes or burns your house down.  We've had report after report after report about them failing.  When it says "NEVER LEAVE CHARGER UNATTENDED WHILE IN USE" it really means it.

A 2A charger should charge a 1.6Ah battery in under an hour.  If it's been shoving current in for 9 hours it's been cooking it.

However, I'd hazard a guess that the battery is fully charged, but that the charger can't recognise that.  Nimh is a bit of a sod to charge.  The charger doesn't know what voltage the battery is meant to be, all it can do is to shove current in until it detects the battery resistance rising sharply when it's full.  If it fails to spot that rise happening, it's liable to just keep pumping energy in indefinitely.

If you stick with it, only use it for under an hour, and disconnect it if the battery start to heat up.  Or take the plunge and get yourself onto better technology.

Lipo cells are really cheap now (see HobbyKing) and can deliver higher current in a smaller package. You'll not see much difference between a 7.4V lipo and a 9.6V nimh.

On chargers, we're liking the SkyRC S65 or the IDST Q6 nano at the moment.

[/thread]

• 1 year later...
On 21/08/2020 at 12:46, Lozart said:

Is it flashing faster than when you put it on charge?

INSTRUCTIONS

When using the charger please refer to the following information.

1. First ensure you only have one battery connected, only one output port can be used at a time.
  2. To protect the charger and battery do NOT disconnect the batteries until charging has completed or stopped.
  3. From left to right the indicators are Li-Po, Li-Fe, and Ni-CD / NiMh.
  4. When switching the battery mode first disconnect the battery.
  5. To switch the battery mode press and hold the button until the next mode is selected.
  6. To start / stop the charge press the start / stop button.

LED Status Meanings

State LED Status Indication
Power On Light On Power is connected
Charging Slow Flash Battery charging.
  Fast Flash Error detected.
  Light On Charge completed.

Hi. I only have one button…. Change battery type! Where is the start/stop button

• 2 weeks later...

The Words "Nuprol" and "Intelligent" in the same sentence, don't see that very often. Normally see words like Fire, Explosion, Flames, Smoke, Failed, Fire Brigade, Swollen

Do yourself a big favour and in it. Get anything by SkyRC, the 65 and 100 series are popular. or a basic B6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.