Looking for Advice on Mk23 Mag Pouches

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

Tried a search assuming this had been covered somewhere but couldn’t find much outside of a few posts in the ‘What have you just bought’ thread, so figured I’d ask here. Apologies is my ability to search has failed me.

Recently picked up a Mk23 (SSX-23 to be specific, I know, burn the witch) and am trying to figure out exactly what mag pouches do and do not fit the mags. I’m specifically hoping for a ‘fast mag’ style pouch without Velcro, mainly due to the noise.

I’ve tried Esstac KYWI’s, they just pop out and I’m not wanting to reshape the insert because they’re my go to pouch for Glock mags.

I’ve tried them in the ‘stacked’ (rifle mag with pistol mag attached to the front of it) variant of the HSGI TACOs and they feel a bit loose to me. But I suspect that could be how the retention setup works on the stacked ones... so picking up some single pistol mag TACOs could be the ticket?

Also looked into the G-Code Scorpion Soft Shell pouches, they look like they’d do the trick but supply seems to be the issue there... unless folks are aware of decent quality clones which are more readily available.

Would appreciate any light folks can shed!

Cheers,

Alex

I'm using Condor pouches, retention is fine with the flap tucked in, in a sort of "open top" mode.

Was going to switch to Helikon pouches, I'll let you know once I get my hands on some.

I reckon TACOs will be fine, as long as you adjust the retention :)

Thanks very much gents!

28 minutes ago, mintsauce5 said:

i use hsgi pistol taco's for my mk23 mags , haven't lost one yet just make sure the retension elastic is tight 

I'm guessing this is the 'regular' length non-polymer ones?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Hi

yeah just the standard one like this https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/pistol-taco-11pt00.html  , i think one of them is a warrior assault systems one which is very similar https://www.uktactical.com/p-10552-warrior-single-quick-mag-for-9mm-pistol-coyote-tan.aspx

Another vote for warrior assault pouches. I have all my pistol mags on my belt and have only ever used their friction to hold the mags and I've yet to loose one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.