9mm Blanks Carry?

Spuggy1uk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone recommend a decent way of carrying 9mm primers, without being too fiddly or having them rattling about?

Seen a couple of examples, one rotary type, and one like a 'Pez' dispenser, but no proper reviews online as to their quality or longevity under use.

Anyone have any experience or know of alternatives, or should I just stick to carrying a few in my pocket (and losing them!)?

Cheers.

• Supporters

Cant help you with 9mms, but .209s fit perfectly in a small Tic-Tac container. Used it for years - lose it, pop into a gas station and grab a new one. Minty breath and a new primer pouch.

46 minutes ago, Schnakey said:

I'd imagine a pellet pouch as used for FT/HFT would probably be the best way. By 9mm are we talking just pistol primers or actual 9mm blanks? 

The 9mm blanks.

• Spuggy1uk changed the title to 9mm Blanks Carry?
  • Supporters
5 hours ago, Spuggy1uk said:

9mm primers

9mm blanks, or .209 primers?

As @SeniorSpaz87 says, .209 primers will fit in a surprising number of things.  I use a stubby promotional keyring pen that I got in some trade fair goodie bag, like this.

image.png.bd7fe46d84c6ceb812518b33f5a4e291.png

Strip the guts out and you've got a perfectly sized snap-together tube that holds 7 or 8 primers, and I've got my VTG grenade primer tool tied to the handy keyring to keep them together.

Not tacticool, but very practical. Have a rummage, I bet you'll be able to find something similar.

Made these for 9mm many years ago. Did a run of them like this and a shorter length but 9's are not so popular anymore. Fits in molle loops too.

I did se a video someone posted of a pen like primer dispenser. A tube the a slider to push them out and a magnetic end for removing spent ones.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, concretesnail said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174328347764

Saw this and remembered this thread.

I use something similar but I had mine from aluminium tube.

Nice find!

This listing has an option for 9mm as well: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174332253891

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.